Sign in to follow this  
Tim53819

D-Link Router Keeps Dropping Wireless Connections

Hey guys (and gals),

I've been having trouble with my D-Link WBR-1310 continually dropping the connections of wireless devices that are connected to it (a laptop running XP, my iPod Touch) and occasionally stopping throughput with my wired Vista Laptop. It is has the A1 hardware and is running the firmware version 1.4. This didn't happen before, if I recall correctly, but I think that's because we didn't have security on the router (now we're using WPA2 encryption) and all of the settings were default. I've searched over the internet briefly, but to no avail, so I'm hoping that maybe someone here might have some more insight before I end up spending hours and hours trying to figure this one out.

Any help is greatly appreciated!

Thanks,

Tim

Edit: I forgot to mention that it seems the only way to get it working again after it drops connections is to restart the router, either via accessing the router through a computer, or to unplug is and plug it back in.

Edited by Tim53819

You are not alone with the D-Link WBR-1310 connection issues.

Flashing the D-Link WBR-1310 with the DI-524 Rev. D firmware might fix the issue (perform the firmware update from a hard wired connection).

This only has worked for the D-Link WBR-1310 version A1 with 1.04 for firmware. Other router versions might not allow the firmware update.