Sign in to follow this  
jxbith

Pc Pitstop Disagrees With Itself

:pullhair: Curioser & curioser

After running PC Pitstop's Driver Alert 2 I'm told all drivers OK

Then entered 'The Pit' and ran all tests.

All OK except,you guessed it, I should fix my drivers by maybe running Driver Alert 2!

Just shows you can't believe everything you read!

Are you having hardware problems that would make you want to update drivers?

If not then ignore it and leave your drivers alone. If it ain't broke don't fix it. ;)

I can almost gaurantee not a single system out here has current drivers for everything. What can be throwong the test is chipset drivers, motherboard, sound, even microsoft junk. Main ones that should be done on a performance rig is video drivers and maybe sound if you have trouble. If you dont have any random issues you are good to go. Everything has a driver even your screen, again that can throw it off ;)

I can almost gaurantee not a single system out here has current drivers for everything. What can be throwong the test is chipset drivers, motherboard, sound, even microsoft junk. Main ones that should be done on a performance rig is video drivers and maybe sound if you have trouble. If you dont have any random issues you are good to go. Everything has a driver even your screen, again that can throw it off ;)

Thanks elkido

The issue you are experiencing with OverDrive recommending drivers that Driver Alert is not is temporary and should be resolved in the near future. The reason this has happened is that OverDrive will recommend all drivers that are available for the detected hardware, whereas Driver Alert can only use drivers that have been packaged in an auto-install format. Unfortunately there is some lag time between when the drivers are detected and entered into our database and when they are re-packaged into a format that can be used by Driver Alert.

This is an ongoing process and the drivers in your OverDrive scan will become available for automatic installation by Driver Alert in the coming weeks.

First off Nice Rig Bro. I know what your saying Im a custom builder and people just dont understand the time it takes to look up and install MB/System drivers and they in most cases do not even realize how well there PC will/can preform I cant count how many wipe and clean installs I do that the customers come back and tell me the PC never ran that good new it just takes time