Sign in to follow this  
jra64

Sony Handycam Dcr-Sr45: Please Help! Touch Screen Not Responding&#

I have been using the Sony Handycam DCR-SR45.(http://www.sonystyle.com/webapp/wcs...552921665291488)

Been using it for about 2 years, and out of NOWHERE, the touch screen buttons are no longer responding!

There are some very important videos on here, so if you have any information I would greatly appreciate it.

My wedding videos and my sister's ambassador trip to Japan are on this camera, so I'm very concerned.

The only thing I can think of is I was using it in a very shallow pool, but I'm 95% sure I didn't get any water on it. Even if I did, I have read of water being trapped behind touch screens, and they are still functional.

The camera looks absolutely perfect, it records properly and would probably playback properly if I could access anything without using the touch screen. I knew when I bought it that I never trust touch screens as they wear out and become less sensitive.

Does anyone have any information on how is could have possibly started not responding, and maybe how I could fix it?

Thank you I appreciate ANY responses.

-jra64.

Not sure but i think you got a set of cables with that cam ,Hook it up to your computer see if it finds it then explore the cameras hard drive ,if it is found you should be able to copy it to a folder on your computer .sony does make software for this should of came with the camera..As far as the touch screem.well you might try removing the battery and leave it sit over night then reinstall it will make it go back to default settings ,you might get the screen to respond by doing this ...

and my other question would be just why are you using this for storage ? instead of downloading it and getting the videos burned for safe keeping ,i guess like some this was over looked ..