Sign in to follow this  
autotechnocracy

Shows Hard Drive I Don't Have

:wp:

Open the OverDrive test that is showing the F drive and at the upper left click on 'Test History', then scroll down to just below the listed results and click on 'Purge old tests for this configuration'.

I did as instructed, but still don't understand why old results would be included in a new scan. I thought a new scan would not show problems that were no longer problems. Not show problems that were not only not problems, but not even there.

You originally stated that the problem was that the F drive was showing. Was the F drive flagged as having a problem?

The test cannot update for a drive that is no longer there. Any time the drive configuration is changed for a specific computer the only way to remove drives that are no longer connected is to purge the test history.

Yes it was flagged in the test ran today. (Yesterday now). It was reporting the F drive to be slow and in need of defragmenting. That's why I didn't understand when I couldn't find an F drive. I have purged the history and will run the tests again.

Here are system specs.

PC Pitstop Active X Build211BrowserMSIE 7.0System OSWindows XP Pro SP3System OS Install Date9/4/2000 5:50:41 AMSystem MakeINTEL_System ModelD875BZLKSystem Serial NumberAZBZ33300764Main Board MakeIntel CorporationMain Board ModelD875PBZMain Board VersionAAC26680-205Main Board BIOSIntel Corp. BIOS Date: 04/23/03 14:48:50 Ver: 08.00.09 INTEL - 20030423 20030423Processor DescriptionIntel Pentium 4Number of Processors1Processor Clock Speed3000 MhzGraphics DescriptionNVIDIA GeForce4 MX 4000Memory Installed2048 MBsMemory Slots4 slotsMemory Configuration512+512+512+512;DIMM SynchronousDrive Name © Drive Size © 131069 MBsDrive Format © NTFS Drive Name (E) Drive Size (E) 107395 MBsDrive Format (E) NTFS Drive Name (F) Drive Size (F) 476929 MBsDrive Format (F) NTFS DVD-RAM ModelATAPI iHAS324 ADVD-RAM Read Speed16620 KB/sec (94X)DVD-RAM Write Speed0 KB/sec (94X)Monitor ModelPTS 2623Monitor Resolution1600 x 1200 pixelsMonitor Screen Size14 x 10.1 inches

17.3 inches (diagonal)Monitor Manufacture Date

Please post an OverDrive link so that we can see what is taking place on your computer. Login and run OverDrive, then copy and paste the URL from the results page into your reply.

If you need help, there is a tutorial here:

http://forums.pcpitstop.com/html/helpfiles/techexphelp.htm

Thank you for the OverDrive link. It is showing that the test history from June 4 has not been purged:

Posted Image

Open your OverDrive test results, click on Test History and click the link to purge the history.

Ok, I purged the test history again without having a scan open. here is the results. http://www.pcpitstop.com/betapit/sec.asp?conid=23610178 .

Oops, maybe I do have a f drive. I completely forgot about a drive I have hooked up through a usb port. When I looked inside the computer case, I only saw the one drive.(which is configured as two seperate drives). But I still don't know why the usb drive shows on the scan and not anywhere on my computer that I can find.

If the F drive is not showing in "My Computer" with the other drives, right-click on the "My Computer" icon and select Manage, then select Disk Management and it should be showing in there.

Unplug the F drive from the USB port, reboot the computer, then plug it back in and see if it detected under My Computer. If it is, then right-click and select Properties>Tools>Defrag.