Sign in to follow this  
Juliet

Question

Are there any computer manufacturers out there making windows 7 that are not 64 bit?

I would even go Vista if possible.

You ain't gonna believe this, I just got off the phone with Dell, they said they do not supply any Windows 7 in 32 bit.

Now, ain't that a hoot!

Also, I'm checking into the one you posted....looks like it might be what I'm after, thank you, you rock!

Hey Jules :sparkle:

I know lots of folks around here that would be more than happy to build one for you or your friend. ;)

Gotta ask though, why 32 bit?

:) Y

Yeah, why not let the men of the pit build ya one. We can warranty it and everything.

Hey Jules :sparkle:

I know lots of folks around here that would be more than happy to build one for you or your friend. ;)

Gotta ask though, why 32 bit?

:) Y

Kind of work I do on the sidelines, 32 bit is the better of the two. More tools and scanners can run compatible.

Yeah, why not let the men of the pit build ya one. We can warranty it and everything.

If I could allow one of my good friends here at the Pit to do that it would be awesome but........

With a company that will allow you to pay on time, minimal of course, is something I have to consider.

There was mention of discounts for opening a Dell preferred account :mrgreen:

Are you needin/wantin a desktop or lappy and what's the budget? You can PM me the latter if you'd prefer.

Edited by Tx Redneck

lol

Laptop

It appears the one above is a business computer or for businesses.(<--sp?)

The girl said I could make up something bogus and they would do it anyways.

Now, can't get anybody to answer, was on hold for a lot longer then I wanted.

Kind of work I do on the sidelines, 32 bit is the better of the two. More tools and scanners can run compatible.

That's why I have 32 Bit instead of 64 Bit installed. I have the 64 Bit DVD, if I ever think I want to use it, tho'.

My desktop was custom made by Bruce :wub: for Vista Ultimate .... I've since put Windows 7 Ultimate on it. No help huh :huh:

Juliet, you have a TechNet Plus subscription! You can download whatever version ISO with key, and make a DVD with ImgBurn. Put that on your new laptop :mrgreen: (clean install)

I'd need someone to hold my hand through that, and find a friend who can download to DVD.

This laptop doesn't have any cd or dvd burning hardware.

I'd need someone to hold my hand through that, and find a friend who can download to DVD.

This laptop doesn't have any cd or dvd burning hardware.

I'll do it for ya! :)

You can put it on a flash drive and install it like that

actually 64 bit is more secure, fewer trojans and viruses are written for 64 bit versions but I'm sure that is not going to last for very long. Seeing as how more and more manufactures are pushing 64 bit editions of windows, you'll see more compatibility for software, I hope that the folks that write anti-malware programs like combo fix can get over this 64 bit hurdle

You can put it on a flash drive and install it like that

actually 64 bit is more secure, fewer trojans and viruses are written for 64 bit versions but I'm sure that is not going to last for very long. Seeing as how more and more manufactures are pushing 64 bit editions of windows, you'll see more compatibility for software, I hope that the folks that write anti-malware programs like combo fix can get over this 64 bit hurdle

64 bit was mentioned and hailed to be more secure (think back, Vista was to), we've seen infections coming in on those systems so that didn't prove to last long.

They are working on the compatibility issues, developers work and have a personal life to so we all have to wait.

What size flash drive would you need since Windows 7 is a big package?

I got to have a machine to download it to since what I'm using now is over heating often. :mrsgreen:

Now this is the ISO file provided by TechNet Pro Subscriber

Windows 7 Home Premium (x86) 2,125 MB

Ultimate (x86).. is same size

2.0751953125 gigabytes, so a flash drive that holds 4 GB would be fine (unless you have a 3 GB USB drive). :mrgreen:

You ain't gonna believe this, I just got off the phone with Dell, they said they do not supply any Windows 7 in 32 bit

Dear Juliet,

At first can I tell you that the guy that told you, is not the right person for the Help desk.

People at the help desk give people advices, okay when the man from the help desk say that to other, then must he searching for another job.

Second: Dell don't manufacture computers, the factory does that.

The factory paste only a Dell sticker on the computer.

We can saying, the factory that building computers for Dell, are a special Dell factory.

Third: If I have good reminded, did you asking for a friend.

Windows 7 do exist out Windows 7 32-bits and 64-bits.

Now can we asking the question, when have we needed a 32-bits version and when 64-bits.?

I will trying for explain: When a person buy a computer with a motherboard with ram-memory to 3.5 gb, than you use Windows 7 32-bits, but when you bought a computer with a mobo with more then 3.5 gb., then you use Windows 7 64-bits.

Another example and I use myself as example: I have a computer with a mobo with ram-memory to 4 gb., I use Windows xp home 32-bits, when I built in a Gpu-card with the needed functions what W7 has needed, than I can use Windows 7 64-bits. At this moment have I an integrated gpu-card without functions for W7.

When you friend has a computer built, and she has a mobo with ram-memory for 4 gb., then she can use Windows 7 64-bits.

Windows 7 64-bits will working from my opinion on a computer with 3 to 3.5 gb. on Ram-memory, but the o.s. will working slow.

Dear Juliet, I gave my best shot and I do hope that my explaining were useful, if not, pity but it is not the end of the world.

:geezer:

Edited by Strong Rock