Sign in to follow this  
Tx Redneck

Mx-3 Is Tha Bomb

All right all right all right! That MX-3 dropped my temps 8* under 100% load runnin OCT and 6* @ idle. Mind you, this is w/out any heat cycles. It could improve a lil after several heat cycles, if I'm not mistaken

Here's where I got it and if you'll enter GRAD15 in the coupon code box, it's good for 15% off. I got mine for $10.67 shipped.

http://www.ewiz.com/detail.php?name=FAN-MX3&title=ARCTIC-COOLING-MX-3-Thermal-Compound

Can you make a direct comparison to Arctic Siler 5?

It's better by 3ºC to 5ºC. I stopped using Arctic Silver 5 a while ago after using MX3 for the first time. Doesn't need to set, doesn't degrade and isn't electrically conductive. It's not easy to spread but I don't spread it to begin with, just two lines and put on the IHS and it spreads itself. Edited by Intratech

Yes sir. Since my cooler is a HDT style, I did the overlapping X application method ON the cooler itself.

Now it's time to see if I can get lil more OC outta this Athlon 64 X2. Stock is 2.9 and ATM I'm @ 3.2 w/ temps staying @ 50 while running OCT and using a CM Hyper 212+ w/ push pull fans.

Edited by Tx Redneck

It's better by 3ºC to 5ºC. I stopped using Arctic Silver 5 a while ago after using MX3 for the first time. Doesn't need to set, doesn't degrade and isn't electrically conductive. It's not easy to spread but I don't spread it to begin with, just two lines and put on the IHS and it spreads itself.

Thanks! :tup:

Joe, even if you don't need it now, I'd order it because that coupon code will expire VERY soon. To get the same product @ the local Microcenter it would cost more then twice the amount after tax.

Sorry yall, I know it was due to expire but didn't remember the date. :(

I checked the promo code, afraid I'm too late....bummer

I have some zalman tim but never used it because it is dangerous to my mouse!

Posted Image

i stopped using arctic silver 5 when i noticed mx-2 did better and was non conductive. and now mx-3 is even better will have to get some next time thanks cuz

Edited by BigJoe5434

No ICD7 or Shin X23 fans here?

Im partial to ICD 7 myself. Dropped CPU temp in my laptop about 3c lower than arctic Silver 5

Edited by OneCool

agreed, supposed to be the best :- http://www.petrastechshop.com/shx2thco1gr.html

me i just use the white ceramic stuff that came with my swiftech water block.. :rofl2:

do have some as 5 that i haven't used yet tho.

:b33r:

found these reviews for you ig..

:- http://skinneelabs.com/indigoxtreme.html

:- http://skinneelabs.com/tim-v2.html

Edited by terry1966

MX-3 is pretty good. I also stopped using Arctic Silver 5, due to to its hight costs (you can get alternatives for cheaper), and the cure time now takes a while.

Personally I like Gelid Thermal Paste CG2, it's not all that sticky, it even comes with a applicator, found it to be 2C cooler on gpu than mx-2.

I have always used ArcticS5 or OCZ Freeze. This time around I decided to give this one a try. IC Diamond. Not expecting anything really drastically different temp wise. Supposed to be good stuff though.

IC Diamond

Edited by edw6698

I read several places that IC Diamond will remove the print from the heat spreader thus voiding the chip's warranty. Let us know if it removes the print from yours.

Well, I got tired of one of my i7 rigs running F@H @ 85-89C so I pulled the waterblock and found a bunch of gunk. After cleaning that all up with a toothbrush and slapping it back together I thought I'd try the MX-3 that I'd bought. Stuff is thin and applies very easily, also very easy to get waay to much. Good news tho' is that my temps are down with 82C being the highest I've seen so far.

:geezer: