Sign in to follow this  
IntelGuy

New forum version

But who deleted it?...I didn't :blushing:

I'm going to try and salvage what I can.

EDIT:

Seems are few are, how long can I continue to keep those?

I'm a pain ain't I? :P

I am still angry that sort things were been happen.

But I have red crosses too, what I did seen is, when you hit the title, than you see the message what you did sent and that is also with the message what you did receive.

Now have I a question: Who is the Joker that set red crosses by the messages for deleting.?

Now Juliet, got I a message from you what I did answer via the Bleeping Computer, I took a look in the inbox of the Pit forum, I saw your message and I have did immediately copying to my desk, because by the new message from you, there are a red cross too.

About the Pit owner: He is a funny man or it must be that he isn't, that it is a she, however, I am not happy with the owner.

You can laughing with the owner, but it is than just like a Farmer with teeth pain.

I find that the funny man or woman had sent a letter to us, that he\she change the forum and the risk is there that we lost all our pm's.

The owner has the mentality for real, my members are not important.

What when we saying, the owner and his\her Pit is not important, let him\her take a hike and enjoy yourself?! Than has he\her a big problem.

Jesus what an unbelievable ....... ,the owner must learn use his\her brain.

Edited by Strong Rock

Just wanted to say that I like the forum very much. Not a huge fan of the colors, but can live with that.

I wouldn't change much if I were you guys. Things tend to break when to many widgets, gadgets and double-detatched-spiketailed-bobbly-wobs are added.

People will get used t things, and will find their way around the new interface and features.

In other words, don't play with the settings (If it ain't broke don't fix it)

Just wanted to say that I like the forum very much. Not a huge fan of the colors, but can live with that.

I wouldn't change much if I were you guys. Things tend to break when to many widgets, gadgets and double-detatched-spiketailed-bobbly-wobs are added.

People will get used t things, and will find their way around the new interface and features.

In other words, don't play with the settings (If it ain't broke don't fix it)

We agree completely. The plan is to avoid falling into the same traps that caused so much trouble before. In particular, we're not making any changes that require the php code to be modified. That prevents us from easily upgrading to new versions, which is often necessary for security patches and the like.

There will be one new skin and some of the bells and whistles are going to be turned off as well, reputation, rate this post, etc.

What when we saying, the owner and his\her Pit is not important, let him\her take a hike and enjoy yourself?! Than has he\her a big problem.

Troll much?Posted Image

Some of the emoticons like ":pow:" or ":bsod:" don't work.

Edited by EclipseWebJS2

colors

I find the color beautiful, but the design of this forum, I don't like that.

The word rubbish what I did use, I do mean the layout and the working of the new forum.

When I have insult the name Pit and others they working at this new forum, than by this my apologizes, my displeasure are to the new forum version.

I don't like it when I see that my messages will be delete and I got not take connection with my friends.

I do know that build a forum is lot of work, but I find personally that the Owner and his\her helpers had must thinking at the members and take care that the members on the forum, don't lost the pm.'s .

Edited by Strong Rock

Not to entghralled with it at all.

What happened to G.D.?

Oh WEll....Even after Monday and Tuesday, the calendar says :filtered:

:boxing:

With me???

Why???

I say the truth and that is not forbidden.

You must be happy that I did edited my post.

When you cannot to the truth, than ignore the messages what you don't like it.

You must thinking, it is PcPitstop forum and not your wife.

Or are you married with the forum? :)

If that so, than my congratulations.

Last you asked me, have I also a positive mention.?

Well, what I have removed in my post of 13 may 2010 here on the forum is positive.

:geezer:

:rolleyes:

It looks like the Post Button is straightened out. It seems odd to have the pink "You Must Enter A Post" at the top but guess that's the way it's supposed to be.

Sometimes the angels fly close enough to you that you can hear the flutter of their wings..

Juliet, I have this not saying to you, so far I do know, I find these words very beautiful, it is suitable on you.

Yes when I have connection with you, than I hear an Angel, she talks with me.

Before I did met you, asked me self a question, I want know, who is my Angel that help me when I am in trouble, now do I know.

:) Peter

Edited by Strong Rock

Juliet has a not so secret admirer. :)

Edited by Tx Redneck

Juliet has a not so secret admirer. :)

I belief that.

When I was from her age and I living in the Usa and she were single, than would this man a relationship with her, but I am 17 years older and I do not live in her country and she has a boy-friend, so miss Juliet and me are only good friends, I must saying that I was surprised that we get friendship, I had not for possible bound to, that this sort things can be happen.

Juliet has a not so secret admirer.

Why should she, she is in fact the helping hand for everyone.

She works too hard, but despite that she has little time for helping, but nothing is her too much, she is there.

Sometimes think I: Juliet, work not so hard, members waiting for you, take your time, we don't go away.

No says Juliet, they need me, I make time, I cannot their let waiting.

I say it here live on the forum, Juliet is a sweet and fine gal and I am happy that she will be my friend.

:)

Ps. I am single, when I meet a woman from my age group, I think at a woman that is 1 year younger than me, that woman is just like Juliet a sweethart, than I am the Lord thanksful on my naked knees.

Now do I know that you must are brave for this saying in public, but must I am in shame for my words, no I must not, I have the right for telling what I feeling and thinking.

Things what is private, I don't tell.

I say it here live on the forum, Juliet is a sweet and fine gal and I am happy that she will be my friend.

LOL

Nice, thank you.

Quoting Juliet

I have several PM's that are saved because of valuable info and are canned speeches, that now have a red X by them, am I going to lose those if their not moved?

I saw no archive option or other folder to save those to?

Quoting Strong Rock

But I have red crosses too, what I did seen is, when you hit the title, than you see the message what you did sent and that is also with the message what you did receive.

Now have I a question: Who is the Joker that set red crosses by the messages for deleting.?

Folks,

We did a bit of investigation and experimentation once we noticed this apparently new feature of post-28857-127395457173_thumb.jpg "you cannot reply"

When first seeing this, I too was surprised and puzzled.

After some investigation, it appears that once the "recipient" of the PM has removed (by deleting/moving from their own PM In-Box) "their copy" of your PM message, then the "link" to continue in the same thread of correspondence has been broken.

You can no longer extend/reply into the same PM Thread.

But that doesn't stop you from opening a fresh PM to the same person, continuing on with the same conversation if you wish.

"No information is lost to you".

You, the "sender" still have the full text of the exchange, up to and including the very last post or reply in the original PM correspondence.

Think about it...

It is not unheard of, for a Member to Delete items from their own PM In-Box.

They got the message.

They may have replied to the message. and now they are done with the message.

In fact, if Members didn't occasionally Delete items from their own PM In-Box, it would become 100% full and they could not receive any fresh new PM's due to their capacity being full.

Now, in the time period of several hours, during which the loading of the new Forum Board Software, and the transfer of files to the new server was accomplished, a few hours worth of posts may have been lost.

I will not minimize your distress and inconvenience if you were one whose Topic Thread or PM Thread or Avatar was lost.

I regret that anything at all was lost.

Bottom-line regarding RED X appearing next to one of your PM's... To the best of my knowledge, you still have the entire text, and only the PM "thread link" to the other person in the PM has been severed for that PM only. And it was done by virtue of the action of their having deleted or moved their own copy of the PM content.

Hope this helps clarify the Red X.

once the "recipient" of the PM has removed (by deleting/moving from their own PM In-Box) "their copy" of your PM message, then the "link" to continue in the same thread of correspondence has been broken.

You can no longer extend/reply into the same PM Thread.

But that doesn't stop you from opening a fresh PM to the same person, continuing on with the same conversation if you wish.

Okie Dokie

Thank you

Who is Dokie ? :P

Ask it Joost, he does know who Dokie is. :)

Okay, I give a serious message, belief it or not, this Guy can do that.

I have a tip for PcPitstop staff: When you change your forum again, take care that members have time for saving pm's to their desktop or other device.

Entering a message on the forum, so that we members do know that the staff take the decision for change the forum.

Don't forget PcPitstop staff, for running the forum, you need us.

When we members are mad, than you loose all your members, at least, lot of them.

You don't like it that you're still a small forum, I understand, but the manor how this forum came be in the life is not good.

A company must have a good organization, when a company build a forum just like this, than the members are a part of the company with their organization.

When a company do something without thinking at their members and the members say, what is that.? We are through them passed, where are our pm's. Give me a break will you, we leaving the forum, then has a company a big problem, if you do mean.?

It is more than normal that the members get information for this sort things as changing the forum.

Okay, I hope that PcPitstop has learn from their mistake and this sort things will be not happen anymore.

I thank you for your attention.

Edited by Strong Rock

8) Posted images should be no larger than 550x412

Well, I posted something in the Tips & Tricks section around that size, but it got reduced to 65%! What?

Posted Image

Thank you for pointing that out.

The rules have been updated to reflect the new forum software functionality.

Forums/Information Desk/Forum Rules/Here/ ..... doesn't seem to work.

Thanks shogie,

Fixed

:) Y

edit: Will need to rework the "Flags" post and then put it back in place there. ;)