Sign in to follow this  
KRAM

EVGA GTX 480 Hydro Copper FTW

EVGA put up pre-orders on the GTX 480 Hydro Copper FTW card today and I was one of the lucky ones that got in on it. They said they will be shipping the cards next week. I just selected regular ground shipping so it might be next Friday at soonest or the following week when I get it.

http://www.evga.com/products/moreInfo.asp?...Series%20Family

I'm stoked!!! :banana:

Well congrats I guess. $650.00 I just can't see. I built my whole system

for a lot less then that. Of course I didn't get a new home heater with it. :rofl2:

for a lot less then that. Of course I didn't get a new home heater with it. :rofl2:

:rofl2:

:laughing::lol:

Posted Image

BTW, you really oughtta fold that badboy and not leave it to be a benchmark queen. :lol:

Edited by Tx Redneck

those things are power hogs... and with a 97c load temp, could just about boil water with it.... lol :pullhair: i wouldnt even think about buying one though... nvidia could have done better on them

Edited by amd-rules

those things are power hogs... and with a 97c load temp, could just about boil water with it.... lol :pullhair: i wouldnt even think about buying one though... nvidia could have done better on them

nVidia knocked it out of the park with this gpu. It is a monster and the DX11 muscle of this gpu is in it's own league.

As for the air cooled cards.

You will not see 97c load temps with this card playing games, unless you have a case with horrible air flow and you would get the same results even with an ATi 5870 card. The auto fan profile is not designed for synthetic benchmarks. Those that do benchmark knows this and set the fan speed according to needs and have no temp issues. The temp of this card is right where it needs to be while gaming and nVidia made the fan profile to keep noise down while gaming.

Edited by KRAM

Oh no not yet. The card won't get sent out til next week. I think if they get it sent out no later then Tuesday I should have the card Friday.

I'm also looking for a new monitor with higher resolution so I can use the card's muscle. Right now I run a 22" monitor at 1680x1050. I've had suggestions of 120Mhz TN panel monitors (expensive), but there seems to be little bit of an issue as to colors and focus to people when not gaming. I think they are more for gaming. Also suggestions of the IPS panel monitors (little expensive). These are supposed to be the best for color type monitors, but they still have a little ghosting going on.

TN panel monitors are cheapest. PVA are mid-class and best panels are IPS. 120 Hz monitors are 3D ready.

Edited by Intratech

Yeah standard 60Mhz TN panels are the cheapest, but the 120Mhz TN panels are still on the expensive side running around $400 to $500 for 23" 1920x1080.

Well for once I can say we're not being screwed on price here in Blighty. Sure 120Hz panels are more expensive than 60Hz but we can get them for £220.

Standard 24" 1920x1080 $238.98

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx...N82E16824236082

Standard 25.5" 1920x1200 $274.99 after $30 MIR

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx...N82E16824236047

23" IPS panel 1920x1080 $319.78

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx...N82E16824002524

120HZ 23.6" 1920x1080 $394.99

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx...N82E16824009222

That's the one that has caught my eye the most BigJoe, but there are people that keep telling me if I will regret not going with the 120Hz monitor. I'm not into 3D gaming though, so I'm not sure where I would regret it, especially with the size differences.