Sign in to follow this  
tracyb

PC-Matic automatically added old computer

I recently purchased PC-Matic, and installed it on the first of my computers. Once the registration/installation was complete, the main screen showed that TWO computers were already registered! One was the computer I had just installed on; but the other was an old computer on which I had run some pc pitstop (and possibly the free pc-matic) scans. We no longer have this computer (the hard drive eventually crashed).

I tried clicking "remove" icon next to that computer name, but I'm afraid I'll lose that license (I need all 5 for my current computers).

So first of all, why did that old computer automatically show up as one of my licensed computers when I installed PC-Matic for the first time on another unit?

Second, how do I remove that computer without losing one of my licenses?

Thanks so much for your help!

Tracy

:wp:

Most likely at some point a free PC Matic scan had been run on that computer to put it in the database.

It is already using one of your installations. Open PC Matic and to the right of the computer name on the browser page, click the red dot. You can delete any computer that has not been cleaned in the last 60 days. Deleting a computer recovers that installation for future use.

Thank you for purchasing PC Matic.

Most likely at some point a free PC Matic scan had been run on that computer to put it in the database.

It is already using one of your installations. Open PC Matic and to the right of the computer name on the browser page, click the red dot. You can delete any computer that has not been cleaned in the last 60 days. Deleting a computer recovers that installation for future use.

Thank you for purchasing PC Matic.

I have a similar problem. I had PC Matic installed on my Vista Home computer when I changed the hard drive

and the OS to Win 7 two weeks ago. When I re-installed PC matic on the same computer, I found I now have 2 entries for the same computer. Since the last test on the old install is less than 60 days, I am afraid I might lose the license if I click the red dot.

Is there a way to remove the duplicate without losing the license?

Thanks

You won't lose a license by clicking the dot. You will just get a message of how many days are left before the computer can be deleted.

Please open a ticket at our help desk so that we can get some more information.

You can open a ticket from here:

http://www.pcpitstop.com/store/service.asp

You won't lose a license by clicking the dot. You will just get a message of how many days are left before the computer can be deleted.

Please open a ticket at our help desk so that we can get some more information.

You can open a ticket from here:

http://www.pcpitstop.com/store/service.asp

I submitted a ticket and the duplicate was removed within the hour.

You guys should give lessons in good tech support.

Thanks

I submitted a ticket and the duplicate was removed within the hour.

You guys should give lessons in good tech support.

Thanks

:yup: They're awesome!!