Sign in to follow this  
KRAM

Newegg is going downhill

Newegg's has updated their website and the new way of listing products by price is now listed based off of the available rebate, not the actual cost for you to buy it. I think this is wrong and crooked. I've always avoided companies that played these games and may soon be avoiding newegg from now on.

Further rant....

Newegg received back my psu for rma refund on March 10th (shipped back March 5th) and I have yet to be refunded the money. Almost 20 days now without a high power psu for my main rig and will be over that by time I do get my money back and get one shipped or I go to Micro Center and get one.

I may start buying all my pc parts from Micro Center seeing Newegg is turning into a slime company.

:angry:

I don't really see the problem with the pricing on their updated site. It only takes one click to see the full story. I think them showing the "after rebate" on the first page helps in deciding which product to look at.

As for your RMA, I agree, a phone call is in order. Never had a problem with Newegg RMA.

Call them about the psu refund money? I did that yesterday.

I sent feedback on the pricing scheme, will see if they respond back.

I don't really see the problem with the pricing on their updated site. It only takes one click to see the full story. I think them showing the "after rebate" on the first page helps in deciding which product to look at.

As for your RMA, I agree, a phone call is in order. Never had a problem with Newegg RMA.

That's a crooked way to list items by price. I never buy off rebate promises. I want to know what the item is going to cost me out of my pocket right now when I look at the listings. There is no guaranty on the rebates by newegg, therefor they should not list them by rebate prices. Edited by KRAM

But it's just one more click to see that info. Don't you use filters to narrow down your search. It's the same one click as a filter.

If I want to look at the GTS 250 cards I don't want to have to click each one listed to get the true price. It should be listed up front. 20 cards listed I have to click 10 of them to see the real price, crooked pricing scheme.

:tdn:

I go to newegg. I put GTS 250 in the search bar and click search. I click any card shown. It gives price.price after rebate. Two clicks to access site,card and price before and after rebate. What is the problem with that? Not following where your problem is, my friend.

I go to newegg. I put GTS 250 in the search bar and click search. I click any card shown. It gives price.price after rebate. Two clicks to access site,card and price before and after rebate. What is the problem with that? Not following where your problem is, my friend.

Read this again. You don't see the issue?

If I want to look at the GTS 250 cards I don't want to have to click each one listed to get the true price. It should be listed up front. 20 cards listed I have to click 10 of them to see the real price, crooked pricing scheme.

:tdn:

Sorry, for me a few clicks would be a non-issue for a company that has always given great prices and service. Not saying you are wrong, but I find no problem myself.

Items should be listed in out of pocket prices. I should not have to click the item in the list to get the actual price of the item then go back to the list with the actual price and then sort it in the list myself according to price. They are listed incorrectly and does not tell someone the true price order.

dickster, it's KRAM! ;)

newegg would have to shut down if KRAM didn't buy there

:laughing:

dickster, it's KRAM! ;)

newegg would have to shut down if KRAM didn't buy there

:laughing:

Is your birth year correct in your profile, seems more like it should be 2003 not 1953. :blink:

I am sure that was said with humor. No need to get testy.

I wasn't getting nasty, just curious as that's the way his post come off. I mean really was the post needed or informatory in any way? Like a child let lose on the net if you ask me.

I like how it always O.K. for your to insult and belittle members here and in other threads:

http://forums.pcpitstop.com/index.php?showtopic=182635

Always first to cast the stone though:

http://forums.pcpitstop.com/index.php?showtopic=181885

Oops, for got to quote you so your can't go back and edit it

Is your birth year correct in your profile, seems more like it should be 2003 not 1953. :blink:

Same old, same old.

:worship: KRAM

I did no such thing, like you calling members "pea brains" I asked a question, just forgot the punctuation at the end. :rolleyes:

Edited by KRAM

I'm sorry I responded. I thought I was in the Custom PCs, case mods, overclocking section. Not the War Zone Forum. Sheeze

While the new format may not be good for you KRAM I like it that way, but it would be better if they listed the out-of-pocket price without having to click to see it.

I don't think it's crooked though.

JMO

Newegg's has updated their website and the new way of listing products by price is now listed based off of the available rebate, not the actual cost for you to buy it. I think this is wrong and crooked. I've always avoided companies that played these games and may soon be avoiding newegg from now on.

Further rant....

Newegg received back my psu for rma refund on March 10th (shipped back March 5th) and I have yet to be refunded the money. Almost 20 days now without a high power psu for my main rig and will be over that by time I do get my money back and get one shipped or I go to Micro Center and get one.

I may start buying all my pc parts from Micro Center seeing Newegg is turning into a slime company.

:angry:

KRAM,

Thank you very much for your feedback on our site. Our goal is to make it better for users and your feedback is crucial to improvement. I will gladly pass on your thoughts. FYI: Any time a Rebate Company fails to follow through, please contact us as we are more than happy to investigate the matter to get the rebate fulfilled. We realize we advertise the rebate and do not know when they go unfulfilled unless we are told by the customer. Rest assured every instance gets documented appropriately as well.

As for your RAM, I agree that it is has much too long for you to not have received any indication as to what's going on with it and I ask that you contact Newegg Rep Joshua at 800-390-1119 ext 25092 or simply e-mail your information to him at Joshua.L.Key@newegg.com so he can help you.

Edited by Newegg Support

KRAM,

Thank you very much for your feedback on our site. Our goal is to make it better for users and your feedback is crucial to improvement. I will gladly pass on your thoughts. FYI: Any time a Rebate Company fails to follow through, please contact us as we are more than happy to investigate the matter to get the rebate fulfilled. We realize we advertise the rebate and do not know when they go unfulfilled unless we are told by the customer. Rest assured every instance gets documented appropriately as well.

As for your RAM, I agree that it is has much too long for you to not have received any indication as to what's going on with it and I ask that you contact Newegg Rep Joshua at 800-390-1119 ext 25092 or simply e-mail your information to him at Joshua.L.Key@newegg.com so he can help you.

List your products by the out of pocket cost to purchase them. It takes 6 to 8 weeks or longer for someone to get a rebate. I have just plain missed the deadline to get them sent in at times. There is NO GUARANTY that the price order you are listing them in is the out of pocket end cost. I should not have to list the order of pricing myself after having to click on 10 out of 20 items to get the actual price. It's a crooked pricing scheme and ticks me off when I see an item listed for $84 then click on it and it's $110 to buy it. It's wrong and sleazy.

Why can't you just simply sale the item at the rebate price? I used to hate Best Buy's rebates deal, just like yours. Why should I have to wait for my money to come back to me and jump through hoops? Best Buy changed the way they do business on rebate crap and now they get a lot more business and Micro Center beats your prices a lot of the time. Newegg is no longer the first company that comes to mind when I think of buying computer parts and trust me I'm not the only one that feels this way. For every one person that takes time to send you feedback there are 1,000 that feel the same way.

On the RMA. The phone conversation I had with customer support on Monday said I should have the money in my account either that day or the next. It's now Wednesday and I don't have my money.

Well they have made an improvement to the price listing. They are now including the amount of the rebate in the price listed. They are now listing it this way "After $20.00 Rebate" instead of just "After Rebate". This helps as you don't have to click on the item now to figure out the out of pocket cost.