Sign in to follow this  
d0nut

Want to replace my website.

A couple of years ago, we lost our 18 year old grandson to meningitis. I put together a memorial site using a Streamline.net template and their site wizard.

As there were limitations on the template without upgrading, I built a new site which is currently piggy-backed on my own website http://www.artus-fh.co.uk/Daniel's%20M.../index.htm.html

What I would like to know is, how do I replace the old site, www.danielsibley.co.uk with the new one?

Any help appreciated.

d0nut

d0nut, I'm surprised this hasn't gotten a respond. Wish I could help, but I am just a maroon. I only look at web pages. Sorry, hang in there.

:)

I depend on RammsteinNicCage and bacterozoid and others in this area.

Edited by flyfishingrules2

Help has arrived!

Ok, so you have built your own memorial website, but you're hosting it on your own website right now. What you want to do, is move the website you built over to the original hosting because the template doesn't suit your needs...correct?

The process is simple:

1. Copy all the files in the "Daniel's Memorial" folder from your current web server to your computer. That's going to include your index.html file, any pictures, backgrounds, folders, etc.

2. Navigate to the public_html directory. You'll know you're there when you see the index.html file. You'll probably see a lot of .js files, several folders, etc.

3. You probably don't want to just delete everything from here, but you could probably get away with it. Just don't delete the cgi-bin folder. If you're not sure, post back with a list of files and folders and we could help you out - the other option would be to contact your web host tech support.

4. Once you have cleaned it out a little, all you do is paste those files you copied earlier right in the public_html folder.

If you have any questions about copying the files, don't hesitate to ask.

Sorry about the delay in replying, but I am not receiving email notification of replies.

I'll check your suggestions out, later

Thanks for the input.

d0nut