Sign in to follow this  
Guest stormbringer

Spybot/adaware/spywareblaster

Guest stormbringer

It seems that adaware6 is a little lacking in that if i run it first it fails to pick up items that spybot seems to find once i run it right afterwards. But by the same token running both seems to provide more compltet protection than either one standing alone. Am I wrong in this assumption? Someone please advise. many thanks.

Stormbringer :blushing:

Welcome to the Pit :mrgreen:

I agree that Spybot seems like the more powerful option at this time, but running both isn't a bad idea, as long as you keep them updated and understand what it is you're removing with either of them.

Guest stormbringer

Thanks radio,

Both for the welcome and the info. I always whenever possible use auto update features for both programs and have thru sad experience :( learned to at least try to know what the effects will be of removing spyware from my system. I have found tho that in most cases I can find equivalent software that is free from spyware at various sites for free. Case in point I used DAP for the longest time (bought and paid for) with the understanding that the spyware would not be enabled on the registered version. Ran my pc through pcpitstop after they had tweaked the tests and found that my supposedly spyware free version wasn't spyware free. Found a comparable download manager (resume supported) at freshdevices.com that was free and in their disclaimer they stated so. ran spybot s&d and adaware after install and no spyware was detected and it works fine.

stormbringer

Welcome to the Pit, stormbringer,

Yes, I would say running both is probably a good idea. As long as you're careful with Spybot... It can be dangerous if used carelessly.

:nospys:

Guest stormbringer

Thanks Axe Slinger and radio for your help. It is greatly appreciated.

stormbringer

Guest plick

Welcome to the Pit, stormbringer,

Yes, I would say running both is probably a good idea. As long as you're careful with Spybot... It can be dangerous if used carelessly.

:nospys:

General Failure,he is a leader in the gremlin army and is the brother of Major Cockup.