Sign in to follow this  
wdeydwondrer

miggs an caintry!

Yea KRAM is right.. I had to search google for the board, I was picturing the board upright like that and the lever on the bottom near the pci-e slots.

Actually thanks KRAM for me too :P .. I just realized, I might not have my block in proper orientation either.. Shieet, damn you.. :lol:

cb has it already down to up,

i assume his inlet is the bottom coming from the rad,

it'll also be down to up if he rotates it 90degree left tho.

kram says it makes a difference, so i'll bow to his knowledge.

:b33r:

Edited by terry1966

Nah, CB has it wrong... up to down... flow.

edit, nevermind, I just looked at the full picture. Apart from that kink in the tube it looks like CB has it right.

Edited by Intratech

well cb here's a lesson for you.. :P

always have your loop running from rad(coldest water will get) to cpu then to everything else.

i'd have it rad, cpu, res, pump,. back to rad. ;)

so looking at that pic and if what everone has said about the way that pump works all you need to do is swap the pipes round on the pump, to get it flowing pump, rad, cpu, res. :tup:

Edited by terry1966

The GTZ block actually has a bit of a bow to it. The way the bow runs if you do not have the block on the cpu correctly you do not get the correct contact to the cpu for optimum performance.

The inlet needs to be down and next to the hold down arm for proper contact.

The GTZ block actually has a bit of a bow to it. The way the bow runs if you do not have the block on the cpu correctly you do not get the correct contact to the cpu for optimum performance.

The inlet needs to be down and next to the hold down arm for proper contact.

According to the info miggs78 linked to, and, going along with KRAM, I do have it on wrong. Maybe. I've taken it apart and cleaned the crap out of the inside, maybe I didn't put it back together properly......:fear:

I'll turn it and see if it helps temps!!

:geezer:

Curious. When you took it apart for cleaning, was the inside dirty? I can see inside the Swiftech GT I used to run on my C2D setup and it doesn't look dirty, ran it for around a year I think.

Curious. When you took it apart for cleaning, was the inside dirty? I can see inside the Swiftech GT I used to run on my C2D setup and it doesn't look dirty, ran it for around a year I think.

This is with my GTZ. I had run this one quite awhile and had some heat problems. Visiting over Skype with terry1966 one day and he suggested what I'd been thinking.....pull it and reapply thermal paste. When I took it apart I discovered that I'd absent-mindedly forgotten to pull that really thin, almost invisible sheet of protective plastic off the bottom of the block. Terry also suggested that I go ahead and tear the block apart to make sure there was no "gunk" and much to my dismay, there was plenty of "gunk". I cleaned it under running water and was very careful not to defile that little rubber "O" ring that goes around the outer part of the block to housing joint. It's all been fine till lately when I switched the mobo over to this new case and I just mounted the waterblock wrong, not to mention stripping that one screw. BTW, I went to hardware and purchased 4 little machine screws that screwed into the spare backplate I have and also got some flat washers and nuts, $1.50 total, problem fixed.

I'd toss up some pics of finished product but my camera batteries went "south" and I'm out of "AA's". Temps are in the high 60-low70C range while running F@H. I can live with that. Oh yeah, forgot to mention that I put my double rad back on but only after I'd changed out the fans to a pair of 120mm Thermaltake Smart Fans w/blue LED. Got 'em cranked!!!

@ terry, my other X58 mobo should be back from RMA this next week later and hopefully I'll have it set up for F@H by the weekend. ;)

Edited by caintry_boy

:tup:

what rad you going to be using with that new xt block, triple?? be interested to see your temps.

your gtz is about what my temps are 65c to 70c.

Yessir, triple fan radiator with the same Thermaltake Smart Fan's, high cfm is the name of the game for me.....

Going to have to watch and get me another triple rad tho'.....I don't think this double is going to cut it.

:clap:

must admit tho i never understand why people don't get longer bolts and use the springs(unless you just can't see them in the pic). :lol:

looks good caintry. :tup:

:clap:

(unless you just can't see them in the pic). :lol:

This is quite correct, I bought the longest screws he had which I was afraid were going to be about 1/8 inch short, but had my fingers crossed. The spring is under that flat washer you're looking at. ;)