Sign in to follow this  
IceBear

composite or S video

well i got direct tv in my room and well i hooked up the box by composite cords and omg it looks ulgy everything looks so pixle and it only displays the pic by 4:3 not by 16:9 even though i sent it by that.... would S video look better then the composite? (i dont have HD programing )

slightly, yes. but it should still look better then what you're describing. could b e a bad box if you can't get it to 16x9....

what size tv are you dealing with here? if it's a larger HD lcd/plasma, then yes, basic SD tv can look like what you are talking about sometime.

A better option if both have the connections would be to use component. Just don't be surprised if the picture is still not too good, SD has a tendency too not look too good on a HD TV, even when connected via HDMI.

being DLP has NOTHING to do w/ pixelation.

if you are able, try steping up to something more toward HD and see what happens. large HD screens showing SD material tend to have this issue.

being DLP has NOTHING to do w/ pixelation.

if you are able, try steping up to something more toward HD and see what happens. large HD screens showing SD material tend to have this issue.

Amen, wdey. AFAS DLP goes, it tends to have the best picture of all the HD sets. The problem w/ HD TV's is if your source sucks, the image shown on the screen will suffer greatly since the TV's were designed to show high detail.

OP, get some sort of HD source and see what a difference it makes.

i rly love my dlp tv the plasma i had suck bad.... i had burn ins and the blacks look ulgy compared to my Dlp (video games anyway) i hooked up some rabbit ears and got some of those HD channels and god they loook so good on here lol so i just assume its the SD stuff going thru my TV

only time i will upgrade my tv is to get a 1080P set and it will be a DLP. plasma and LCD i cant just open up and fix but a DLP i can