Sign in to follow this  
Jacee

Download Windows 7 System Recovery Discs

It doesn't matter that you just paid a thousand dollars for a machine that comes with a valid Windows 7 license - your computer manufacturer just don't want to spend the money (or perhaps take on the responsibility) of giving you a Windows 7 installation DVD to accompany your expensive purchase.

What it does: The Windows 7 Recovery Disc can be used to access a system recovery menu, giving you options of using System Restore, Complete PC Backup, automated system repair, and a command-line prompt for manual advanced recovery.

What it doesn't do: You cannot use the Windows 7 Recovery Disc to re-install Windows - it only fixes (not replaces!) Windows.

http://neosmart.net/blog/2009/windows-7-system-repair-discs/

Use ImgBurn to burn the .ISO file to DVD. Burn at a slow rate.

http://www.imgburn.com/

It is also a torrent so you need to use uTorrent to download...

• Download the appropriate .torrent file from above that corresponds to the version of Windows 7 you have installed.
  • Download and run µTorrent.
  • Open the .torrent file you downloaded with µTorrent. (File -> Add Torrent)
  • Select where you want µTorrent to save the 7 Recovery Disc.
  • Wait for it to download.

I also would like to recommend clonezilla for those who may not have an install disk available to them. You can back your entire system, drivers, settings, and all to an external hard drive or if you have enough space available, to that recovery partition so many manufacturers have become so fond of.

This way if Windows gets to discombobulated, you have some way of recovering the whole operating system without spending the big bucks for a new dvd.

Where can I get a copy of Windows XP Media at. The copy I made when I got my system will only work for what my system came with. I can not upgrade anything or change anything. If I do and I need to restore my system I get hardware does not match error and it will not let me restore my system. Right now my board is fired, the south bridge heat-sink came off and from what I found on the internet, its a common problem because of the poor soldering the Mexicans do. The only boards I've found are over sea's and not sure they will work. So I need a copy that I can use so that I can put any board in there and upgrade anything I want without dealing with, hardware does not match. I do not want to upgrade to Vista or 7. I like XP Media and I have a Media PC. Thanks