Sign in to follow this  
Jacee

ShadowExplorer (free)

http://www.shadowexplorer.com/

ShadowExplorer

Since the Volume Shadow Copy Service is included, and turned on by default, in all editions of Windows® VistaTM, why not take advantage of it? All it takes is an additional tool like ShadowExplorer, that can access the shadow storage and make the point-in-time copies accessible to the user.

Features

*Show available point-in-time copies

*Browse through Shadow Copies

*Retrieve versions of files and folders

This is not meant to take the place of regular backups, but it's a great little tool to have in addition. :)

http://www.shadowexplorer.com/

This is not meant to take the place of regular backups, but it's a great little tool to have in addition. :)

I would give my reply on the next:

This is not meant to take the place of regular backups, but it's a great little tool to have in addition.

Agree, but it is better that you use a very good Advanged Backup program, I don't call names.

An Advanged Backup program works not only with Shadow Copy, it works also with hot processing.

When you make backups with the Advanged Backup program and you do that via Hot processing, than the program makes automatically a Volume Shadow Copy.

In the normally procedure is it not necessary for use Hot Processing.

Few month ago, I had no Volume Shadow Copy activated, no before I downloaded and installed my Backup program, had I disabled Volume Shadow Copy.

The program used the Hot processing.

But now do I know more about Backup programs and do I know how its work.

:geezer: