Sign in to follow this  
IntelGuy

Winter Warz discussion thread

so what happens now that the deadline has passed, where do i continue to observe the war? lol

On the 17th we start Overclocking like mad, you aren't done yet........ :nono:

:geezer:

Well you got lots of work to do son. :lol:

Haha!

I am going to rip out 3 of my dimms stand get my computer in a much more open area so I can get more heat dissipation and air flow.

If I can get SuperPI to bench at like 4.4 I think I would be quite pleased with myself. :P

Sorry, but SuperPI at 4.4 is a not gonna do it.... :P You have to get that air cooled 920 beast to beat it's little brother....my 860. My best so far is 4.475....... :lol:

Sorry, but SuperPI at 4.4 is a not gonna do it.... :P You have to get that air cooled 920 beast to beat it's little brother....my 860. My best so far is 4.475....... :lol:

Your stock speed is higher though :P

Ya had to bring that up..... :boxing:

Guess I'll just have to push it a little further... :thud:

haha!

I'll honestly be pushing the CPU as far as I safely can.

I can't afford to be replacing ram, CPU's, and motherboards I blow up. :)

I'm with ya. I want to put up the best overclock I can, but I spent alot of money and don't want to burn anything up. So.....push it to the edge, but not over where I start losing equipment.... :blink:

I don't know about the 920, but this 860 hits a wall right after 4.0. It takes a large Vcore increase to get to 4.2 and a huge Vcore increase to even boot into 4.4. I'm trying different methods but so far have run into that wall every single time.

Yeah, My problem is having to massively increase the VTT and QPI to keep the Ram stable.

It takes alot to get 6 DIMM's to boot up.

To be stable at 3.95, I have to have the QPI set to 1.375, and VTT at +275. which is right on the edge of intels "safe" area. Most places I've looked tell me I can push each up to about 1.5-1.525 Volts and still be safe.

But we will see what it takes with 3 sticks of ram.

I mean right now my CPU is only at 1.2825 stable 100% stable, and it's safe to push it up to like 1.45 even.

Edited by porksandwich9113

I'm only running GSkill PIS 2x2GB DDR3 2400 sticks and they are rock solid. I've had them over 2500 still at the stock settings (9-11-9-2T)...I think.

The problem I run into is....to keep the uncore running at 2x the memory speed, I have to downclock the memory....lol.

I think what you posted earlier will work....pull some sticks out and get some ventilation and you should not have any problem hitting 4.4 and above with that 920..... :)

Good luck to you and let us know how it goes...

Dan

Gentlemen, gentlemen, gentlemen......lets get some scores up!!! It's been 4 days already and Paul and I are the only ones with scores posted. I absolutely hate it when everyone wants to wait until the last minute to post, and then there is something wrong with their score. i.e. wrong CPU-Z shots, no time/date stamp or the like.

Y'all know what you gotta do, lets "git 'er done"!!!

Yeah you guys need to do that. We don't want to beat you guys by such a large margin.. I mean atleast try to make it a bit competitive will ya?

Yeah you guys need to do that. We don't want to beat you guys by such a large margin.. I mean atleast try to make it a bit competitive will ya?

Already got you in my sights Snake........

nada mucho amigo.

Objects in the mirror can remain close as long as they remain in the mirror. :P

Perhaps, until :bsod: :overclocking: .

At which point you are in the mirror, in a smoking heap of expensive computer equipment. :P

I posted a sample till i get some real scores up.

gotta do hw then work, then homework again then school in the morning. Day off from work tomorrow so Ill try to get some points