Sign in to follow this  
Lunaria

PCMatic hang up on opening

Just purchased PCMatic. first test ran great, rebooted. Tried to run it again, the PCMatic is loading screen comes on and nothing else happens, other than a dialog asking me whenther I am doing test on PCPitcstop website ( i have tried both answers, hav ecleared browser cashe, have made sure I added site and program to firewall safe list. Now what???

PC WINXP, IE8

Mine has just started doing the same thing. It opens, I can change options, etc., but when I click scan, it hangs, and I have to kill it with Task Mgr. I have tried changing the options, but it still hangs. It just started telling me that it was gathering information for PC Pitstop's site, which it didn't use to do; I have used the program for several months.

I have uninstalled, and reinstalled: you have to uninstall Exterminate first, then PCMatic, then delete the PCPitstop folder from x86 program files. For some reason, though, it still remembers the computer when I do a fresh install, which it should not do; I should have to login first, or at least I had to the last time I had "issues" and had to reinstall. I have reinstalled several times, and rebooted after the uninstall, but it still hangs; I have given it more than an hour before deciding to kill the process.

Just before it started doing it, I remember that it wanted to install a pitstop DLL again when I opened it. The only change in my system is that I just installed WinPatrol.

It has worked since the last Vista updates, other than a Windows defender update last night, so I don't think it has anything to do with Microsoft, although you never know....

IT'S CURED NOW: I just got their response, and cleared IE's internet options, and it is now working again. I did not have to do that before, and it never occurred to me that my browser cache (which is, after all, one of the things that PCMatic ends up cleaning) would be the problem. Thanks.

Edited by ParrotSlave

The issue with PC Matic not loading should be fixed now. If you are still having the same problem, please clear your browser cache. In IE6 go to Start>Control Panel>Internet Options>General>Temporary Internet Files>Delete Files >put a checkmark by "Delete all offline content" then click OK>OK. For IE7/8 Go to Start>Control Panel>Internet Options>Browsing History>Delete> and click the button to delete the temporary Internet Files, then click 'yes', 'close', 'OK'.

We apologize for the inconvenience and thank you for your patience.

I am having the same problem. When I start PC Matic, I get a screen that sayas "PC Matic is Loading" and it freezes at that (never loads). I have followed your instructions to clear the cache, TIF's, history; still no luck. I recently installed CA Internet Security Suite, but went into the firewall settings and made sure PC Matic has full access rights.

I'm running WIN XP and IE7.

Thanks.

:wp:

You will need to set your firewall to allow www.pcpitstop.com. The corresponding IP is 64.29.201.21. The program name is PCMatic.exe and PC Matic also needs to be able to receive incoming data.

If you are also using the Windows firewall, go to Start>Control Panel>Windows Firewall>General and make sure that the "Don't allow exceptions" box is NOT checked.

Also, please check for the setting below, and if it exists, that it is set to 'OK'.

Start/ControlPanel/SecurityCenter/WindowsFirewall/Advanced(TAB)/NetworkConnectionSettings/SelectSettings(RadioButton)/ICMP(TAB)/Check Allow Incoming ECHO/ OK

If the issue persists try running PC Matic from Safe Mode with Networking to determine if the problem is with a third-party application interfering.

To access Safe Mode with Networking in Windows XP, repeatedly tap the F5 or F8 key while the computer is booting up. Once the menu opens, select Safe Mode with Networking, and later when prompted, administrator. The screen will look different because the video driver is not loaded. That will return to normal after a reboot. To run PC Matic, you may need to go to Start>Programs>PC Pitstop>PC Matic if the desktop icons are not present.

If it completes from Safe Mode with Networking but will not complete from Windows, it is being blocked from exchanging information with our server by a third-party program, most likely a firewall.

Let us know if the issue persists.

I can't get past the loading screen. I get this error

File: logging.js

Line: 14

Error: 'FSO' is null or not an object

Does anyone know what this means and how I can fix it?

Thanks

:wp:

Have you tried clearing the browser cache already?

In IE6 go to Start>Control Panel>Internet Options>General>Temporary Internet Files>Delete Files >put a checkmark by "Delete all offline content" then click OK>OK. For IE7/8 Go to Start>Control Panel>Internet Options>Browsing History>Delete> and click the button to delete the temporary Internet Files, then click 'yes', 'close', 'OK'.

If that does not resolve the issue, run the Windows registry repair tool from the link below:

http://files.pcpitstop.com/support/Repair-ActiveX.cmd

If you are using Vista, Windows 7, or a 64 bit operating system, first save the file above to your desktop, then right-click on the saved file and select, "Run as administrator".

When you run the tool you should see a command window open and be able to watch the tool's progress. The tool may appear to 'hang' once or twice, but if you wait the tool should complete.

If the problem still exists, run the Active X control removal tool from the link below:

http://www.myalbumbank.com/albums/userpics.../Remove-All.zip

Again, if you are using Vista or Windows 7, first save the file above to your desktop, right-click and extract the file, then right-click on the extracted file and select, "Run as administrator".

Once the removal tool completes, run PC Matic again and it should download new Active X controls.

Let us know if the issue is not resolved.