Sign in to follow this  
Guest Kojak

Thought provoking Signatures

Guest Kojak

You decide who believes in God and who doesn't?

WoW, you are a truly powerful person.

Will you now condemn me to burn in hell or can I paint my self white as snow and wrap myself in wool to hide my red scarlet butt.

Your anger is misplaced.

Whereas I have not presumed the right to stand in judgment of you (knowing the truths of Scripture I have put forth apply to me as well).

You would put words in my mouth not contemplated in my heart. I am not, nor have I ever presumed to be your judge. For I am no better than any other man.

Edited by Kojak

:rofl2:

think you'll find your post comes across more as a post written in anger...

all that bold text.. ;)

than anything bruce's written. also think if you asked him, he'd say he's having fun, and people rarely get angry when having fun. :lol:

:tup:

:b33r:

Edited by terry1966

Your anger is misplaced.

Whereas I have not presumed the right to stand in judgment of you (knowing the truths of Scripture I have put forth apply to me as well).

You would put words in my mouth not contemplated in my heart. I am not, nor have I ever presumed to be your judge. For I am no better than any other man.

I am not angry at all. In fact Terry is correct, I am having a lot of fun.

As for the copy and pasted junk I simply haven't read any of it. I have no desire to.

I do not put words in your mouth.

You are sticking your foot in your own mouth.

It was you who said if we are not reading the same literature as you that we are being deceived by Satan because the only True Word of God is in what you read and all else merely contains "grains of truth".

It was you who so boldly stated You have chosen not to believe.

You are indeed being judgmental of others. In you self righteousness you express your judgment.

2" by 4"'s and splinters dude. ;)

Guest Kojak

:rofl2:

think you'll find your post comes across more as a post written in anger...

all that bold text.. ;)

than anything bruce's written. also think if you asked him, he'd say he's having fun, and people rarely get angry when having fun. :lol:

:tup:

The bold text was chosen for no other reason than to make it easier to read.

Typing etiquette would suggest I was angry, if I were typing exclusively in Cap's.

However, as you know, I was/am not typing exclusively in Cap's. If you wish to

continue believing I was or am angry, it is your choice. You are mistaken if you do.

(Note the difference in readability between the text above and the text below)

When someone plainly states they do not believe the word of God, it is a declaration of choice.

If I continue the discussion, it then becomes a circular debate with no end in sight. Which is a waste of our time.

Who said they don't believe the word of God?

I know you made that remark to me at least once in this thread.

How do you know I do not believe the word of God?

Do you mean because I do not believe what you believe that means I do not believe in God?

If so then I will indeed once again refer you to my signature.

I have learned some of the greatest examples of compassion from people of little or no faith....or those who don't openly profess faith. There is nothing wrong with openly discussing faith or sharing it with them. However, throwing bible scriptures at someone will rarely do good.

If you really want to spread the message of Jesus Christ, befriend someone and share some life experiences with one another. If they see your uniqueness and question, by all means share what your faith means to you and how it affects your life. There is also nothing wrong with offering them to come along to church etc.

The world could use less bible thumping and more understanding toward each other. We are all human, we are all sinners to a point....we all desire a connection of some sort. Connect with them first, and then go from there if so inclined.

Instead of explaining the errors of there ways and throwing sentences of judgment, teach through peace, understanding, compassion and firmness of spirit.

Jesus didn't exactly going around throwing books at people. He connected with the people, helped them with their needs and showed his love for them by example. This led them to follow him and put their faith in his message. Follow his example, and maybe people will put their faith in the message as well. Citing passages from scripture are an extremely poor way to get people inclined...in fact it usually annoys them as evidence by this thread.

Guest Kojak

I am not angry at all. In fact Terry is correct, I am having a lot of fun.

As for the copy and pasted junk I simply haven't read any of it. I have no desire to.

I do not put words in your mouth.

You are sticking your foot in your own mouth.

It was you who said if we are not reading the same literature as you that we are being deceived by Satan because the only True Word of God is in what you read and all else merely contains "grains of truth".

It was you who so boldly stated You have chosen not to believe.

You are indeed being judgmental of others. In you self righteousness you express your judgment.

2" by 4"'s and splinters dude. ;)

"As for the copy and pasted junk I simply haven't read any of it. I have no desire to".

A reasonable and credible opinion on any given subject cannot be formulated and expressed with contextual accuracy, when one chooses to see or read only what they want to.

By your own admission, you have read only what you wanted to read, rendering your opinion uninformed. Perhaps even biased.

This has become a circular debate, with no beneficial outcome.

You have plainly declared you are not a receptive audience.

I wish you well.

I have read the Bible.

In fact I have read the King James Version, also Gideons Bible, and spent many years reading the Roman Catholic Bible.

Again you are making judgments about people.

If you think you are the only one who is informed here, then you are making the most grave judgment of all, in fact not just a bad judgment, but one that is unfounded and also makes you perhaps far more uninformed and biased then anyone who has posted here.

You have plainly declared you are not a receptive audience.

I wish you well.[/b]

Receptive audience????????

This is a discussion forum, not a place for you to conduct sermons to an "audience" :laughing::laughing:

Are you confused about where you are? :thud:

Guest Kojak

I have read the Bible.

In fact I have read the King James Version, also Gideons Bible, and spent many years reading the Roman Catholic Bible.

Again you are making judgments about people.

If you think you are the only one who is informed here, then you are making the most grave judgment of all, in fact not just a bad judgment, but one that is unfounded and also makes you perhaps far more uninformed and biased then anyone who has posted here.

My intent, in my previous post was/is to end this fruitless debate peaceably. Did you not understand that ?

You began by claiming you were the focus of a personal agenda on my part. You seem determined to convince others of your opinion about me.

If you must have the last word, so be it. Although you do not appear to be, I'm done with this.

I don't chase rabbits. They don't have enough meat on their bones to make it worthwhile. :bigsmile:

:note2: Give me a home, where the Buffalo roam... :note2: ... and a good rifle :Texan:

:nitey:

Edited by Kojak

I thought it became clear Terry by his own remarks that he was not seeking debate, but a receptive audience to preach to.

If only I had known earlier I'd put on my Sunday best (pit thong) then would have grabbed my book of hymns and we could have had a good old fashioned revival meeting.

forgot to say..

When someone plainly states they do not believe the word of God,

see now there's the rub, i've only heard your words, didn't see god make one post. ;)

i'm more likely to believe that we did..

terry you are wrong, i also believe we aren't descendent's of apes.........

we are actually from another planet i believe to be mars.

when mars was impacted by an asteroid' the survivors left the planet and earth was their destination.

earth was already inhabited with human life' however it's assumed that this solar system contained human life on more than one planet.

when they arrived' they appeared as humans "ancient astronauts"

many of them died off because of viruses their immune systems could not hand.

those that survived did not have the technological experience to maintain the previous innovations, they were subjected to an amish type lifestyle, however they were masters at architecture, the pyramids in egypt and the ones on mars.

I thought it became clear Terry by his own remarks that he was not seeking debate, but a receptive audience to preach to.

If only I had known earlier I'd put on my Sunday best (pit thong) then would have grabbed my book of hymns and we could have had a good old fashioned revival meeting.

and i thought you always put your sunday best pit thong on when you visited the pit or did you just put it on for my benefit when i saw you on the webcam. ;)

Guest Kojak

Well said Kojak, well said.

"From Goo to You by way of the Zoo".

I like that comment.

It does indeed take more faith to believe in evolution rather than creation.

To believe our beginning was due to random happenstance is not sensible.

It's as good as saying the existence of a watch does not sensibly assume the existence of a watchmaker.

Thanks for the link.

we are actually from another planet i believe to be mars.

You got that right, my first wife was from another planet.

"From Goo to You by way of the Zoo".

I like that comment.

It does indeed take more faith to believe in evolution rather than creation.

To believe our beginning was due to random happenstance is not sensible.

It's as good as saying the existence of a watch does not sensibly assume the existence of a watchmaker.

Thanks for the link.

You're welcome.

i've only heard your words, didn't see god make one post. ;)

Obviously you didn't get the Memo!

Posted Image

Damnable Heathen!! :hammer: You have been judged and found to be lacking. :geezer:

Reread all post in this thread and say 5 Hail Marys....et al Ad nauseam.........

Guest Kojak

You're welcome.

Did you know, long before "Science" discovered the Earth was round, God provided us that knowledge in his word ?

Isaiah 40:21-23 (King James Version)

21) Have ye not known? have ye not heard? hath it not been told you from the beginning? have ye not understood from the foundations of the earth?

22) It is he that sitteth upon the circle of the earth, and the inhabitants thereof are as grasshoppers; that stretcheth out the heavens as a curtain, and spreadeth them out as a tent to dwell in:

23) That bringeth the princes to nothing; he maketh the judges of the earth as vanity.

Job 26:7 (King James Version)

7) He stretcheth out the north over the empty place, and hangeth the earth upon nothing.

Edit: I forgot this one.

(Herein, we find the four corners of the Earth)

Genesis 13:13-15 (King James Version)

13) But the men of Sodom were wicked and sinners before the LORD exceedingly.

14) And the LORD said unto Abram, after that Lot was separated from him, Lift up now thine eyes, and look from the place where thou art northward, and southward, and eastward, and westward:

15) For all the land which thou seest, to thee will I give it, and to thy seed for ever.

Far be it from me to be guilty of circular reasoning.

Edited by Kojak

Just full of contradictions isn't it.

And gather together the dispersed of Judah

From THE FOUR CORNERS OF THE EARTH.

(Isaiah 11:10-12, New King James Version)

ooops four corners aka flat

By the way a circle is also a one dimensional flat surface.

Needless to say, is it a circle, or is it a square with four corners?

Guest Kojak

Tx Redneck,

Here's another piece of trivia for you.

Again, long before "science" acquired this knowledge, Gods word also makes reference to the ocean(s) currents.

Psalm 8 (King James Version)

1) O LORD, our Lord, how excellent is thy name in all the earth! who hast set thy glory above the heavens.

2) Out of the mouth of babes and sucklings hast thou ordained strength because of thine enemies, that thou mightest still the enemy and the avenger.

3) When I consider thy heavens, the work of thy fingers, the moon and the stars, which thou hast ordained;

4) What is man, that thou art mindful of him? and the son of man, that thou visitest him?

5) For thou hast made him a little lower than the angels, and hast crowned him with glory and honour.

6) Thou madest him to have dominion over the works of thy hands; thou hast put all things under his feet:

7) All sheep and oxen, yea, and the beasts of the field;

8) The fowl of the air, and the fish of the sea, and whatsoever passeth through the paths of the seas.

9) O LORD our Lord, how excellent is thy name in all the earth!

Isaiah 43:15-17 (King James Version)

15) I am the LORD, your Holy One, the creator of Israel, your King.

16) Thus saith the LORD, which maketh a way in the sea, and a path in the mighty waters;

17) Which bringeth forth the chariot and horse, the army and the power; they shall lie down together, they shall not rise: they are extinct, they are quenched as tow.