Sign in to follow this  
Guest Kojak

Thought provoking Signatures

I put my faith in my own desire to be a decent human being. -kd5-

Guest Kojak

Here is the synopsis:

When Adam sinned, he died spiritually. Because of Adams transgression, we inherited a sin nature. We also (without Christ) are dead spiritually. Our souls are eternal. God wants everyone to go to Heaven when they die. The problem is that a Just and Holy God cannot allow sin in Heaven (which is his home). Therefore, Christ became the propitiation, not for our sins only, but for the sins of all men past, present and future. Reconciliation with God through Christ must occur in this life. God has no desire to condemn any man. However, being Just and Holy he must recompense sin. If we do not believe, if we do not receive the freely offered gift of Salvation through Christ, we condemn ourselves.

Through Christ, I have been freed from the eternal consequence of sin. Secure in the knowledge I am guaranteed a home in Heaven. Accordingly, I tell others, in the hope they will choose to receive Christ.

Romans 5

12) Wherefore, as by one man sin entered into the world, and death by sin; and so death passed upon all men, for that all have sinned:

13) (For until the law sin was in the world: but sin is not imputed when there is no law.

14) Nevertheless death reigned from Adam to Moses, even over them that had not sinned after the similitude of Adam's transgression, who is the figure of him that was to come.

15) But not as the offence, so also is the free gift. For if through the offence of one many be dead, much more the grace of God, and the gift by grace, which is by one man, Jesus Christ, hath abounded unto many.

16) And not as it was by one that sinned, so is the gift: for the judgment was by one to condemnation, but the free gift is of many offences unto justification.

17) For if by one man's offence death reigned by one; much more they which receive abundance of grace and of the gift of righteousness shall reign in life by one, Jesus Christ.)

18) Therefore as by the offence of one judgment came upon all men to condemnation; even so by the righteousness of one the free gift came upon all men unto justification of life.

19) For as by one man's disobedience many were made sinners, so by the obedience of one shall many be made righteous.

20) Moreover the law entered, that the offence might abound. But where sin abounded, grace did much more abound:

21) That as sin hath reigned unto death, even so might grace reign through righteousness unto eternal life by Jesus Christ our Lord.

2 Peter 3:9

The Lord is not slack concerning his promise, as some men count slackness; but is longsuffering to us-ward, not willing that any should perish, but that all should come to repentance.

John 3:16 (King James Version)

16) For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

Romans 3:24-26 (King James Version)

24) Being justified freely by his grace through the redemption that is in Christ Jesus:

25) Whom God hath set forth to be a propitiation through faith in his blood, to declare his righteousness for the remission of sins that are past, through the forbearance of God;

26) To declare, I say, at this time his righteousness: that he might be just, and the justifier of him which believeth in Jesus.

1 John 2: (King James Version)

1) My little children, these things write I unto you, that ye sin not. And if any man sin, we have an advocate with the Father, Jesus Christ the righteous:

2) And he is the propitiation for our sins: and not for ours only, but also for the sins of the whole world.

1 John 4: (King James Version)

9) In this was manifested the love of God toward us, because that God sent his only begotten Son into the world, that we might live through him.

10) Herein is love, not that we loved God, but that he loved us, and sent his Son to be the propitiation for our sins.

John 3:3 (King James Version)

3) Jesus answered and said unto him, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God.

Matthew 25:41 (King James Version)

41) Then shall he say also unto them on the left hand, Depart from me, ye cursed, into everlasting fire, prepared for the devil and his angels:

John 14:6 (King James Version)

6) Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.

Revelation 21:27 (King James Version)

(about Heaven)

27) And there shall in no wise enter into it any thing that defileth, neither whatsoever worketh abomination, or maketh a lie: but they which are written in the Lamb's book of life.

Do we know the full extent of the damage we've done with our rampant/greedy consumption of Earths resources ? We do not.

Do we know the full extent of the damage we've done with our pollution of the air we breath ? We do not.

The Earth is a finely tuned ecological mechanism which we continue to tamper with.

I suggest to you Sir, that we have more than likely exacerbated such occurrences with our misuse of this planet.

How does that explain natural disasters prior to the industrial ages? Your point doesn't make any sense.

For me, faith and God are pretty simple things. I believe in God and basic morality, I do not believe in religion. God and religion are two completely different things.

I personally feel that religion is more divisive than any other concept in all of creation. One can believe in and love God without being involved in a religion. For some people its what works, its a path that some find fulfilling. The journey to a belief in God is a personal one, and none of them are "right" just "right" for that particular individual.

I have heard this point of contention so many times I've lost count.

There is an eternity's worth of difference between man made religions which deceive and subjugate the masses and Faith in the one true living God who gave us breath and all we know.

If you are genuinely wanting to know the truth, get yourself a copy of the 1611 King James. It is the authentic word of God for English speaking people. Search it prayerfully and humbly. For God will know of your sincerity or lack thereof.

Genesis 2:6-8 (King James Version)

6) But there went up a mist from the earth, and watered the whole face of the ground.

7) And the LORD God formed man of the dust of the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life; and man became a living soul.

8) And the LORD God planted a garden eastward in Eden; and there he put the man whom he had formed.

So when the Missionaries took "Gods Words" (and they still do) to the natives of Africa and South America et al and forced them into a belief system that was not theirs by denouncing the native gods as evil and using scare tactics "you're all going to burn in a lake of fire" , tell me that this is not subjugation??

Before Christianity, belief systems where born out of lack of understanding but also respect for the forces around man. This forms the basis for religion. See roman/ greek mythology for instance. Then Along came chiristianity. Harmless in itself, taking bits from older religions/ belief systems and re-writting those texts to suite the needs of the time (200 bc- 200 ad).

The King James Bible is re-written and re interpreted to become the word of god with England as the head of the church (Cheers Bruce, totaly agree with you with this one), because at the time England was the most powerful nation on Earth.

Easter is officially born, well the Pagan festival of Rebirth is hi-jacked to meet the holy scriptures. Christmas is given a new lease of life, well the pagan midwinter solstice is once again hi-jacked.

The image of Maddonna with child is painted as interpreted form the Bible, where did the image in the bible come from, look up ancient egyptian religion for the picture of Isis the mother of life, holding the baby pharoh to her breast, some 2500 BC.

I do not denounce religion, people can belive what they like. I will continue to live my life in a way that I see fit. I have been brought up in a christian country, so my morals reflect this, and I belive this is a good thing. But like other posters this does not extend to a belief in a divine power. But in a sense of me living my life and treating others how I expect to be treated.

So when the Missionaries took "Gods Words" (and they still do) to the natives of Africa and South America et al and forced them into a belief system that was not theirs by denouncing the native gods as evil and using scare tactics "you're all going to burn in a lake of fire" , tell me that this is not subjugation??

Before Christianity, belief systems where born out of lack of understanding but also respect for the forces around man. This forms the basis for religion. See roman/ greek mythology for instance. Then Along came chiristianity. Harmless in itself, taking bits from older religions/ belief systems and re-writting those texts to suite the needs of the time (200 bc- 200 ad).

The King James Bible is re-written and re interpreted to become the word of god with England as the head of the church (Cheers Bruce, totaly agree with you with this one), because at the time England was the most powerful nation on Earth.

Easter is officially born, well the Pagan festival of Rebirth is hi-jacked to meet the holy scriptures. Christmas is given a new lease of life, well the pagan midwinter solstice is once again hi-jacked.

The image of Maddonna with child is painted as interpreted form the Bible, where did the image in the bible come from, look up ancient egyptian religion for the picture of Isis the mother of life, holding the baby pharoh to her breast, some 2500 BC.

I do not denounce religion, people can belive what they like. I will continue to live my life in a way that I see fit. I have been brought up in a christian country, so my morals reflect this, and I belive this is a good thing. But like other posters this does not extend to a belief in a divine power. But in a sense of me living my life and treating others how I expect to be treated.

Wow it's like the business plan for Microsoft. (Hardware excluded)

Guest Kojak

How does that explain natural disasters prior to the industrial ages? Your point doesn't make any sense.

I pointed out the Earth is a finely tuned ecological mechanism.

Granted there was a time when we were ignorant of how it worked.

We now know the Earth continually renews itself.

When we freely choose to live in the vicinity of subduction zones, we risk consequences.

When we freely choose to populate areas prone to flooding, we risk consequences.

When we freely choose to build our houses on a mountainside with the potential for mudslides, we risk consequences.

Life is not risk free. For better or worse, choices have consequences.

I pointed out the Earth is a finely tuned ecological mechanism.

Granted there was a time when we were ignorant of how it worked.

We now know the Earth continually renews itself.

When we freely choose to live in the vicinity of subduction zones, we risk consequences.

When we freely choose to populate areas prone to flooding, we risk consequences.

When we freely choose to build our houses on a mountainside with the potential for mudslides, we risk consequences.

Life is not risk free. For better or worse, choices have consequences.

Actually, you said the following and I can assure you Neanderthal man wasn't drilling for precious metals or using leaded petrol in his transport - surely you've seen the Flintstones?

However, I fully understand your penchant for re-writing history as learnt from the bible.

Do we know the full extent of the damage we've done with our rampant/greedy consumption of Earths resources ? We do not.

Do we know the full extent of the damage we've done with our pollution of the air we breath ? We do not.

The Earth is a finely tuned ecological mechanism which we continue to tamper with.

I suggest to you Sir, that we have more than likely exacerbated such occurrences with our misuse of this planet.

Guest Kojak

For me, faith and God are pretty simple things. I believe in God and basic morality, I do not believe in religion. God and religion are two completely different things.

I personally feel that religion is more divisive than any other concept in all of creation. One can believe in and love God without being involved in a religion. For some people its what works, its a path that some find fulfilling. The journey to a belief in God is a personal one, and none of them are "right" just "right" for that particular individual.

Faith in God and Religion are two different things.

This is why the word of God is so important.

Romans 10:16-18 (King James Version)

16) But they have not all obeyed the gospel. For Esaias saith, Lord, who hath believed our report?

17) So then faith cometh by hearing, and hearing by the word of God.

18) But I say, Have they not heard? Yes verily, their sound went into all the earth, and their words unto the ends of the world.

Without the word of God, Faith is an impossibility.

Without knowledge of God, there is no basis for Faith.

Perhaps we begin to understand the importance of the word of God ?

Christ established and commissioned the first Church.

Saying: Go ye into all the world, and preach the gospel to every creature.

Every Church we find mentioned in the word of God is an autonomous, visible, local new testament church.

Each individually answerable to Christ. Contrarily, today we see "Churches" that have an established hierarchy. They do not adhere to the biblical model a church is to follow.

Biblical history is full of examples of mankind rejecting the wise counsel of God and the consequence thereof. When we do it "our way" we mess everything up.

Slightly on topic here..

My flatmate just got a tattoo on her wrist, says something like Matthew 19:20.

Funniest thing I have ever seen. Looks like a child did it in biro. She asked me what I thought about it and I said;

"Well, If it makes you happy.."

She's gone to get a cover up on it as we speak.. :lol:

In all honesty though, back to the religion thing.. She defines a religious oxymoron, because she's an absolute cow.

Guest Kojak

Actually, you said the following and I can assure you Neanderthal man wasn't drilling for precious metals or using leaded petrol in his transport - surely you've seen the Flintstones?

However, I fully understand your penchant for re-writing history as learnt from the bible.

I said "more than likely". This is not a concrete declaration. These statements are not in conflict.

The common threads throughout time are Mankind, our choices and the real or potential consequences thereof.

"However, I fully understand your penchant for re-writing history as learned from the bible".

Without Faith, such declarations become circular debate.

Nevertheless, it is we who have steadfastly endeavored to re-write our history as truthfully given to us by God.

Be assured, we did not come from monkeys or apes.

Genesis 1 (King James Version)

1) In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth.

2) And the earth was without form, and void; and darkness was upon the face of the deep. And the Spirit of God moved upon the face of the waters.

3) And God said, Let there be light: and there was light.

4) And God saw the light, that it was good: and God divided the light from the darkness.

5) And God called the light Day, and the darkness he called Night. And the evening and the morning were the first day.

6) And God said, Let there be a firmament in the midst of the waters, and let it divide the waters from the waters.

7) And God made the firmament, and divided the waters which were under the firmament from the waters which were above the firmament: and it was so.

8) And God called the firmament Heaven. And the evening and the morning were the second day.

9) And God said, Let the waters under the heaven be gathered together unto one place, and let the dry land appear: and it was so.

10) And God called the dry land Earth; and the gathering together of the waters called he Seas: and God saw that it was good.

11) And God said, Let the earth bring forth grass, the herb yielding seed, and the fruit tree yielding fruit after his kind, whose seed is in itself, upon the earth: and it was so.

12) And the earth brought forth grass, and herb yielding seed after his kind, and the tree yielding fruit, whose seed was in itself, after his kind: and God saw that it was good.

13And the evening and the morning were the third day.

14) And God said, Let there be lights in the firmament of the heaven to divide the day from the night; and let them be for signs, and for seasons, and for days, and years:

15) And let them be for lights in the firmament of the heaven to give light upon the earth: and it was so.

16) And God made two great lights; the greater light to rule the day, and the lesser light to rule the night: he made the stars also.

17) And God set them in the firmament of the heaven to give light upon the earth,

18And to rule over the day and over the night, and to divide the light from the darkness: and God saw that it was good.

19) And the evening and the morning were the fourth day.

20) And God said, Let the waters bring forth abundantly the moving creature that hath life, and fowl that may fly above the earth in the open firmament of heaven.

21) And God created great whales, and every living creature that moveth, which the waters brought forth abundantly, after their kind, and every winged fowl after his kind: and God saw that it was good.

22) And God blessed them, saying, Be fruitful, and multiply, and fill the waters in the seas, and let fowl multiply in the earth.

23) And the evening and the morning were the fifth day.

24) And God said, Let the earth bring forth the living creature after his kind, cattle, and creeping thing, and beast of the earth after his kind: and it was so.

25) And God made the beast of the earth after his kind, and cattle after their kind, and every thing that creepeth upon the earth after his kind: and God saw that it was good.

26) And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness: and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth.

27) So God created man in his own image, in the image of God created he him; male and female created he them.

28) And God blessed them, and God said unto them, Be fruitful, and multiply, and replenish the earth, and subdue it: and have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over every living thing that moveth upon the earth.

29) And God said, Behold, I have given you every herb bearing seed, which is upon the face of all the earth, and every tree, in the which is the fruit of a tree yielding seed; to you it shall be for meat.

30) And to every beast of the earth, and to every fowl of the air, and to every thing that creepeth upon the earth, wherein there is life, I have given every green herb for meat: and it was so.

31) And God saw every thing that he had made, and, behold, it was very good. And the evening and the morning were the sixth day.

Genesis 2 (King James Version)

1) Thus the heavens and the earth were finished, and all the host of them.

2) And on the seventh day God ended his work which he had made; and he rested on the seventh day from all his work which he had made.

3) And God blessed the seventh day, and sanctified it: because that in it he had rested from all his work which God created and made.

4) These are the generations of the heavens and of the earth when they were created, in the day that the LORD God made the earth and the heavens,

5) And every plant of the field before it was in the earth, and every herb of the field before it grew: for the LORD God had not caused it to rain upon the earth, and there was not a man to till the ground.

6) But there went up a mist from the earth, and watered the whole face of the ground.

7) And the LORD God formed man of the dust of the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life; and man became a living soul.

We had our beginning in God. We see the personal attention given to our creation. Hopefully, we begin to understand how precious we are to God.

Hopefully, we begin to understand the love of God which moved him to choose to send Christ to the Cross for us.

We live and die by the choices we make.

Without Faith, such declarations become circular debate.

So it is your lack of faith that keeps you here debating? :rolleyes:

Guest Kojak

Choices, Choices, Choices.

As I said, we live and die by our choices.

Mankind, throughout his history, has chosen either to believe or not to believe.

In the Old Testament, God provided Israel (and by extension the world) prophets who pointed the way to the Cross.

Though not called "Christians" those who looked forward to the Cross did so by Faith.

Their Faith was accounted to them for righteousness.

Galatians 3:6-9 (King James Version)

6) Even as Abraham believed God, and it was accounted to him for righteousness.

7) Know ye therefore that they which are of faith, the same are the children of Abraham.

8) And the scripture, foreseeing that God would justify the heathen through faith, preached before the gospel unto Abraham, saying, In thee shall all nations be blessed.

9) So then they which be of faith are blessed with faithful Abraham.

Hebrews 11 (King James Version)

Hebrews 11

1Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen.

2For by it the elders obtained a good report.

3Through faith we understand that the worlds were framed by the word of God, so that things which are seen were not made of things which do appear.

4By faith Abel offered unto God a more excellent sacrifice than Cain, by which he obtained witness that he was righteous, God testifying of his gifts: and by it he being dead yet speaketh.

5By faith Enoch was translated that he should not see death; and was not found, because God had translated him: for before his translation he had this testimony, that he pleased God.

6But without faith it is impossible to please him: for he that cometh to God must believe that he is, and that he is a rewarder of them that diligently seek him.

7By faith Noah, being warned of God of things not seen as yet, moved with fear, prepared an ark to the saving of his house; by the which he condemned the world, and became heir of the righteousness which is by faith.

8By faith Abraham, when he was called to go out into a place which he should after receive for an inheritance, obeyed; and he went out, not knowing whither he went.

9By faith he sojourned in the land of promise, as in a strange country, dwelling in tabernacles with Isaac and Jacob, the heirs with him of the same promise:

10For he looked for a city which hath foundations, whose builder and maker is God.

11Through faith also Sara herself received strength to conceive seed, and was delivered of a child when she was past age, because she judged him faithful who had promised.

12Therefore sprang there even of one, and him as good as dead, so many as the stars of the sky in multitude, and as the sand which is by the sea shore innumerable.

13These all died in faith, not having received the promises, but having seen them afar off, and were persuaded of them, and embraced them, and confessed that they were strangers and pilgrims on the earth.

14For they that say such things declare plainly that they seek a country.

15And truly, if they had been mindful of that country from whence they came out, they might have had opportunity to have returned.

16But now they desire a better country, that is, an heavenly: wherefore God is not ashamed to be called their God: for he hath prepared for them a city.

17By faith Abraham, when he was tried, offered up Isaac: and he that had received the promises offered up his only begotten son,

18Of whom it was said, That in Isaac shall thy seed be called:

19Accounting that God was able to raise him up, even from the dead; from whence also he received him in a figure.

20By faith Isaac blessed Jacob and Esau concerning things to come.

21By faith Jacob, when he was a dying, blessed both the sons of Joseph; and worshipped, leaning upon the top of his staff.

22By faith Joseph, when he died, made mention of the departing of the children of Israel; and gave commandment concerning his bones.

23By faith Moses, when he was born, was hid three months of his parents, because they saw he was a proper child; and they were not afraid of the king's commandment.

24By faith Moses, when he was come to years, refused to be called the son of Pharaoh's daughter;

25Choosing rather to suffer affliction with the people of God, than to enjoy the pleasures of sin for a season;

26Esteeming the reproach of Christ greater riches than the treasures in Egypt: for he had respect unto the recompence of the reward.

27By faith he forsook Egypt, not fearing the wrath of the king: for he endured, as seeing him who is invisible.

28Through faith he kept the passover, and the sprinkling of blood, lest he that destroyed the firstborn should touch them.

29By faith they passed through the Red sea as by dry land: which the Egyptians assaying to do were drowned.

30By faith the walls of Jericho fell down, after they were compassed about seven days.

31By faith the harlot Rahab perished not with them that believed not, when she had received the spies with peace.

32And what shall I more say? for the time would fail me to tell of Gedeon, and of Barak, and of Samson, and of Jephthae; of David also, and Samuel, and of the prophets:

33Who through faith subdued kingdoms, wrought righteousness, obtained promises, stopped the mouths of lions.

34Quenched the violence of fire, escaped the edge of the sword, out of weakness were made strong, waxed valiant in fight, turned to flight the armies of the aliens.

35Women received their dead raised to life again: and others were tortured, not accepting deliverance; that they might obtain a better resurrection:

36And others had trial of cruel mockings and scourgings, yea, moreover of bonds and imprisonment:

37They were stoned, they were sawn asunder, were tempted, were slain with the sword: they wandered about in sheepskins and goatskins; being destitute, afflicted, tormented;

38(Of whom the world was not worthy:) they wandered in deserts, and in mountains, and in dens and caves of the earth.

39And these all, having obtained a good report through faith, received not the promise:

40God having provided some better thing for us, that they without us should not be made perfect.

Edit: Gods plan for our redemption was born of Love. Gods plan recognizes free will. Gods plans allows us to believe or not to believe.

Those who have or would force a belief on others have not followed Gods plan and reap naught but the fruit of outward conformity. The heart remains unchanged.

Edited by Kojak

Perhaps we need to set up a special section of the forums where you copy and paste the complete bible one line at a time. :rofl3::laughing::rofl3::laughing:

Guest Kojak

Perhaps we need to set up a special section of the forums where you copy and paste the complete bible one line at a time. :rofl3::laughing::rofl3::laughing:

Mockery, like sarcasm serves no constructive purpose.

You do yourself a disservice indulging therein.

Edited by Kojak

Be assured, we did not come from monkeys or apes.

i'm more likely to believe that we did..

than any book of gods words, re-written, translated, re-written corrupted translated re-written by man over the years.. :rofl2:

and all your quotes do is.. :snooze:

:b33r:

Guest Kojak

i'm more likely to believe that we did..

than any book of gods words, re-written, translated, re-written corrupted translated re-written by man over the years.. :rofl2:

and all your quotes do is.. :snooze:

:b33r:

As you wish.

It all boils down to choice. Sleep on.

Mockery, like sarcasm serves no constructive purpose.

You do yourself a disservice indulging therein.

I like to have fun, I like to smile, and sometimes humor is a good thing. Perhaps you might try it sometime.

As for being constructive, are you going to define that for us also, and tell us the who wrote the True word of Constructiveness.

As for the ape question, well I did watch Jerry Springer today, and I do believe the guests on that show are living proof of the missing link theory. :lol:

Guest Kojak

I like to have fun, I like to smile, and sometimes humor is a good thing. Perhaps you might try it sometime.

As for being constructive, are you going to define that for us also, and tell us the who wrote the True word of Constructiveness.

As for the ape question, well I did watch Jerry Springer today, and I do believe the guests on that show are living proof of the missing link theory. :lol:

Painting over a picture doesn't change what was originally applied to the canvas.

I too have a sense of humor. You seem to have missed it. It is self evident in this thread.

Oh you are absolutely correct, painting over a picture doesn't change what was originally applied to the canvas.

That may perhaps be something King James should have taken into consideration.

Guest Kojak

Oh you are absolutely correct, painting over a picture doesn't change what was originally applied to the canvas.

That may perhaps be something King James should have taken into consideration.

There is no point in continuing this exchange.

You have made your choice. You have chosen not to believe.

You decide who believes in God and who doesn't?

WoW, you are a truly powerful person.

Will you now condemn me to burn in hell or can I paint my self white as snow and wrap myself in wool to hide my red scarlet butt.

There is no point in continuing this exchange.

You have made your choice. You have chosen not to believe.

You have without a doubt throughout the thread only served to confirm my signature for me, but this particular post in and of it's self has proven why my signature ever even came to exist in the first place.