Sign in to follow this  
Guest Kojak

Thought provoking Signatures

Guest Kojak

Religion was born out of mans fear/ misunderstanding of the unknown from the earliest days. As we became more intelligent man learned to prey on those fears and use there new found religions to subjugate all around.

This has led to countless wars through out history and they still rage today.

I don't knock anyones beliefs, after all we all have our own opinions, but I really can't see the point of this thread or where it's supoosed to be going?

I have heard this point of contention so many times I've lost count.

There is an eternity's worth of difference between man made religions which deceive and subjugate the masses and Faith in the one true living God who gave us breath and all we know.

If you are genuinely wanting to know the truth, get yourself a copy of the 1611 King James. It is the authentic word of God for English speaking people. Search it prayerfully and humbly. For God will know of your sincerity or lack thereof.

Genesis 2:6-8 (King James Version)

6) But there went up a mist from the earth, and watered the whole face of the ground.

7) And the LORD God formed man of the dust of the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life; and man became a living soul.

8) And the LORD God planted a garden eastward in Eden; and there he put the man whom he had formed.

Guest Kojak

I see apoint to discuss these things from time to time. It's good to challenge others perceptions.

I hope it is heading to PD rather than the graveyard of locked topics :b33r:

So far, it's been quite civil. What is PD ?

Guest Kojak

Sir t as always.. :tup:

:rofl2:

:b33r:

whats a living apostle to do with someone doing good for no reason except it's good??

preaching does nothing...

if you believe then you don't need preaching to..

if you don't then all preaching does is get on your nerves..

and is seen as bs from a hypocrite... ;)

An Epistle is essentially a Letter.

:blink:

If you are genuinely wanting to know the truth, get yourself a copy of the 1611 King James. It is the authentic word of God for English speaking people. Search it prayerfully and humbly. For God will know of your sincerity or lack thereof.

I already know the truth and I am totally sincere in my belief that the whole concept of 'GOD' is built on quicksand.

Guest Kojak

I ain't Terry but here goes. Nope "reading scripture" isn't preaching, reading a scripture is a very private and personal thing, being bombarded by scriptures from people who think that pushing their religious agenda on others is "preaching".

Preaching is fine Joe, I personally think those who wish to be Preached to have a Constitutional right to go and get preached to. There are hundreds of thousands of churches, temples, synagogues, prayer meetings...........where people can go f that is what they choose. Choose being the key word in that sentence of course.

It when people start bombarding those who don't wish to be preached to by hundreds of scriptures that it becomes a problem.

There is a huge difference between expressing ideals and beliefs and beating people over the head with a book they didn't ask to beat with.

If it was too hot in the kitchen, I'd eat out... :bigsmile:

Seriously, you're still here and reading. You must want to be here.

If it was too hot in the kitchen, I'd eat out... :bigsmile:

Seriously, you're still here and reading. You must want to be here.

he's trying to convert you to the idea of free will :P

King James. It is the authentic word of God for English speaking people.

So it wasn't an English King who directed his men to translate it, and make it fit to what they wanted it to say then declared it the bible of the Church of England? But it was God who wrote it, and declared it the bible of the Church of England.

Interesting, really it is, that a man, a Roman Emperor put the bible together deciding which scriptures "written by men" were worthy to be read, then after so many translations, it is translated again 1600+ years after Christ per the order of an English King for the "Church of England" thus becoming "The authentic word of God".

Sorry but that is just so damn comical.

God never authored a thing. None that I have ever seen or have been documented.

However I must say it is indeed very revealing when people start getting down to the nitty gritty of which religion is based on, and which has caused more grief, suffering, death and destruction then any other in history of the world......................That would be, "ours is the true word of God".

Edited by Bruce

Guest Kojak

When I am approached on the street, in Shopping centers, airports, or at my own front door it isn't offensive, it is annoying, intrusive and disrespectful.

When I open a thread that is specifically about "me" and my signature it is not the "community" it is me personally. Only to be bombarded by a boat load of religious garbage it is disrespectful.

I'll say it again,

Your name was used at the beginning of the first post, solely for the purpose of identifying the owner of the signature C/P'd below your name. If I left your name out, it would have made no difference. The signature would have been recognized as being yours. Subsequent to that, neither you nor any other member of this forum was specifically addressed when drafting the remainder of the original post in this thread. Any other commentary posted by me was in direct response to subsequent posts written to me. Clearly, the contents of my original post has struck a resonant chord with you. You are the only one responding defensively.This thread was not about you. This thread is about what I was inspired to write by the signature you have chosen to use in your posts.

I have no control over your thought process. I have no control over your perception and perspective.

I have no control over how this may or may not move you emotionally. Only you have control in these areas.

The choice is yours, to read or not to read.

Again, I say, Peace,

Kojak

It always strikes a chord with me when approached and thumped on the head repeatedly by a bible thumper.

It strikes a chord that someone can be so disrespectful and intrusive, and then think they are justified in doing so, because they know the true word of God. Of course indicating that all people are merely doomed to hell for not believing what you believe.

It always strikes a chord with me when approached and thumped on the head repeatedly by a bible thumper.

It strikes a chord that someone can be so disrespectful and intrusive, and then think they are justified in doing so, because they know the true word of God. Of course indicating that all people are merely doomed to hell for not believing what you believe.

That would be your guilty conscience Bruce. Free yourself from your shackles of ignorance and embrace the light.

Maybe King George couldn't hold onto your bodies, but King James pwns your soul - in your face!!! :lol:

Edited by Sir T Fireball

Last time I embraced the light I swallowed a damn moth. :geezer: I have since learned to run away from the light, run away from the light it is evil. :laughing:

Edited by Bruce

Guest Kojak

Let me put aside my rants and lay this on you.

The philosopher David Hume said in 1776:

"Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is impotent.

Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent.

Is he both able and willing? Whence then is evil?"

By free will which we were given, we bring our troubles upon ourselves.

We have by and large forgotten God.

Search the Scriptures.

Galatians 6: (King James Version)

7) Be not deceived; God is not mocked: for whatsoever a man soweth, that shall he also reap.

Matthew 7:12

Therefore all things whatsoever ye would that men should do to you, do ye even so to them: for this is the law and the prophets.

7) Be not deceived; God is not mocked: for whatsoever a man soweth, that shall he also reap.

8) For he that soweth to his flesh shall of the flesh reap corruption; but he that soweth to the Spirit shall of the Spirit reap life everlasting.

Romans 1 (King James Version)

16) For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth; to the Jew first, and also to the Greek.

17) For therein is the righteousness of God revealed from faith to faith: as it is written, The just shall live by faith.

18) For the wrath of God is revealed from heaven against all ungodliness and unrighteousness of men, who hold the truth in unrighteousness;

19) Because that which may be known of God is manifest in them; for God hath shewed it unto them.

20) For the invisible things of him from the creation of the world are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even his eternal power and Godhead; so that they are without excuse:

21) Because that, when they knew God, they glorified him not as God, neither were thankful; but became vain in their imaginations, and their foolish heart was darkened.

22) Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools,

23) And changed the glory of the uncorruptible God into an image made like to corruptible man, and to birds, and fourfooted beasts, and creeping things.

24) Wherefore God also gave them up to uncleanness through the lusts of their own hearts, to dishonour their own bodies between themselves:

25) Who changed the truth of God into a lie, and worshipped and served the creature more than the Creator, who is blessed for ever. Amen.

26) For this cause God gave them up unto vile affections: for even their women did change the natural use into that which is against nature:

27) And likewise also the men, leaving the natural use of the woman, burned in their lust one toward another; men with men working that which is unseemly, and receiving in themselves that recompence of their error which was meet.

28) And even as they did not like to retain God in their knowledge, God gave them over to a reprobate mind, to do those things which are not convenient;

29) Being filled with all unrighteousness, fornication, wickedness, covetousness, maliciousness; full of envy, murder, debate, deceit, malignity; whisperers,

30) Backbiters, haters of God, despiteful, proud, boasters, inventors of evil things, disobedient to parents,

31) Without understanding, covenantbreakers, without natural affection, implacable, unmerciful:

32) Who knowing the judgment of God, that they which commit such things are worthy of death, not only do the same, but have pleasure in them that do them.

Note: edited to include missing verse under Galatians 6 heading.

Edited by Kojak

Guest Kojak

:blink:

I already know the truth and I am totally sincere in my belief that the whole concept of 'GOD' is built on quicksand.

As you wish....

By free will which we were given, we bring our troubles upon ourselves.

We have by and large forgotten God.

Free will is one thing, but it does not justify natural disasters such as the recent earthquake.

Or does it?

It was the wrath of God for being voodoo practicing Catholics.

If they only had read the True Word of God as prescribed by a British King they would not be suffering that wrath now. ;)

Edited by Bruce

Guest Kojak

So it wasn't an English King who directed his men to translate it, and make it fit to what they wanted it to say then declared it the bible of the Church of England? But it was God who wrote it, and declared it the bible of the Church of England.

Interesting, really it is, that a man, a Roman Emperor put the bible together deciding which scriptures "written by men" were worthy to be read, then after so many translations, it is translated again 1600+ years after Christ per the order of an English King for the "Church of England" thus becoming "The authentic word of God".

Sorry but that is just so damn comical.

God never authored a thing. None that I have ever seen or have been documented.

However I must say it is indeed very revealing when people start getting down to the nitty gritty of which religion is based on, and which has caused more grief, suffering, death and destruction then any other in history of the world......................That would be, "ours is the true word of God".

In the days of the Roman Empire we did not have the complete word of God.

The Old Testament was penned long before the Roman Empire had been conceived.

To suggest it was authored by a Roman Emperor is historically inaccurate.

We do have the Catholic church beginning in 325 AD under Emperor Constantine.

The Vaticanus Sinaiticus having its root therein.

Perhaps you are familiar with the Textus Receptus and the Vaticanus Sinaiticus ?

The roots of each are well established historically. The 1611 KJV has its roots in the Textus Receptus.

Which being interpreted is the Received Text.

David the Psalmist knew of the purity of the word of God. He also knew God was/is faithful and would preserve his word.

Psalm 12 (King James Version)

6) The words of the LORD are pure words: as silver tried in a furnace of earth, purified seven times.

7) Thou shalt keep them, O LORD, thou shalt preserve them from this generation for ever.

2 Timothy 3:15-17 (King James Version)

15) And that from a child thou hast known the holy scriptures, which are able to make thee wise unto salvation through faith which is in Christ Jesus.

16) All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:

17) That the man of God may be perfect, throughly furnished unto all good works.

We have the pure word of God in many languages (not only English).

Having had access to other "versions", Furthermore, I have Gods seal of approval on the 1611 KJV because it is the only one God used to reveal my need of a Saviour.

terry, what is your definition of preaching? is it reading scriptures?

http://www.thefreedictionary.com/preaching

To give religious or moral instruction, especially in a tedious manner.

I have often heard that europe and the U.K. are often biased against Christians,

of course not..

most of us just believe every religion is equal...

and are equally biased against all...

or believe what we believe...

we don't see the harm if everyone doesn't believe the same as us...

and definitly don't feel the need to try and convert anyone with words...

actions mean more... ;)

when i do a good dead for no reason i do it because it's good not because someone preached to me. ;)

The choice is yours, to read or not to read.

do you actually believe anyone read all your quotes??

if they believe they didn't need to and if they don't believe they got bored silly after the first one or two..

me personally like to make others feel good, which in turn makes me feel good..

preaching doesn't make anyone feel good, except those who want to be preached to, all it does is gives one a self belief they are doing gods work. ;)

An Epistle is essentially a Letter.

yes i know..

whats a living apostle to do with someone doing good for no reason except it's good??

my question was worded wrong..

and i'm sorry for that..

i meant to ask isn't someone doing good for no reason except it's good and not preaching about it being a living epistle?

Guest Kojak

Free will is one thing, but it does not justify natural disasters such as the recent earthquake.

Or does it?

Do we know the full extent of the damage we've done with our rampant/greedy consumption of Earths resources ? We do not.

Do we know the full extent of the damage we've done with our pollution of the air we breath ? We do not.

The Earth is a finely tuned ecological mechanism which we continue to tamper with.

I suggest to you Sir, that we have more than likely exacerbated such occurrences with our misuse of this planet.

During the Roman Empire we didn't have the complete word of god. It was penned long before the Roman Empire. :laughing::laughing:

Oh man if that isn't about the strangest thing I have ever seen said :clap::clap::clap:

Edit I get it now, it's the chicken and the egg argument. :P

Edited by Bruce

Guest Kojak

During the Roman Empire we didn't have the complete word of god. It was penned long before the Roman Empire. :laughing::laughing:

Oh man if that isn't about the strangest thing I have ever seen said :clap::clap::clap:

You have misquoted me.

I said "In the days of the Roman Empire we did not have the complete word of God.

The Old Testament was penned long before the Roman Empire had been conceived".

The New Testament, beginning with Christs earthly ministry,

by inspiration of the Holy Spirit, penned by Disciples of Christ,

devoid of the Emperors influence, was completed in about 95 AD.

Having had access to other "versions", Furthermore, I have Gods seal of approval on the 1611 KJV because it is the only one God used to reveal my need of a Saviour.

so what does gods seal look like?? has it got any lions or dolphins in it? :lol:

you keep saying you have gods word for this or that..

when in fact all you have is mans words that, that's what god says...

everybody knows man is a lying, conniving, self-serving, deceitful, cheating, hateful, scum bag..

now if you want to believe what a man told you then fair enough...

just don't expect me to believe what man says...

if god decides to talk to me then yes i'll believe him..

but until that time i'll live my life how i personally believes the true god would like me to live..

if i :filtered: up then sorry i tried my best and will be judged accordingly when i die..

i certainly couldn't care less what any one preaches to me...

especially when it's from said scum bag man(all humanity and religions no bias) wrote saying thats what god said and that's how i should live.. :rofl2:

Edited by IntelGuy

Guest Kojak

so what does gods seal look like?? has it got any lions or dolphins in it? :lol:

you keep saying you have gods word for this or that..

when in fact all you have is mans words that, that's what god says...

everybody knows man is a lying, conniving, self-serving, deceitful, cheating, hateful, scum bag..

now if you want to believe what a man told you then fair enough...

just don't expect me to believe what man says...

if god decides to talk to me then yes i'll believe him..

but until that time i'll live my life how i personally believes the true god would like me to live..

if i :filtered: up then sorry i tried my best and will be judged accordingly when i die..

i certainly couldn't care less what any one preaches to me...

especially when it's from said scum bag man(all humanity no bias) wrote saying thats what god said and that's how i should live.. :rofl2:

As you wish.

It is a matter of Faith or the lack thereof.

We are each individually accountable to God.

In this regard, I have satisfied my conscience.

There is peace in my heart, having met the reasonable expectation of God.

You have misquoted me.

I said "In the days of the Roman Empire we did not have the complete word of God.

The Old Testament was penned long before the Roman Empire had been conceived".

The New Testament, beginning with Christs earthly ministry,

by inspiration of the Holy Spirit, penned by Disciples of Christ,

devoid of the Emperors influence, was completed in about 95 AD.

So the New God made the Old God obsolete?

Or was God just not being forthcoming and was hiding his true word until the 1600's?

Sneaky little bugger ain't he.

Guest Kojak

So the New God made the Old God obsolete?

Or was God just not being forthcoming and was hiding his true word until the 1600's?

Sneaky little bugger ain't he.

Search your heart. Tell me honestly, why do you persist in twisting what I have written into something I have not written ?

OK I searched my heart and it is currently beating 68 times per minute.

I am not twisting anything.

It is you who has said the KJV is the only True Word, that being written in the 1600's I have to wonder why God chose to hide his true word for thousands of years, only to reveal it to a British king in the 1600's.

That said, if yours is the "True Word of God" that mean all others are falsehoods?

All others being falsehoods what is the consequence to people who choose to believe in something other then as you call it the "True Word of God"

Seriously now, you have made the statement, so now that you have made this judgment of what is true and what is not, what are the consequences to all of us who choose to read and believe something other then your True Word?

Edited by Bruce