Sign in to follow this  
Guest Kojak

Thought provoking Signatures

Tad bit hypocritical. rolleyes.gif

In the Christian faith you are to go and spread the Gospel of the Lord. That is what you are witnessing in this thread. Kojak gave perfect example of why one might not be witnessed to the actual Christian faith being practiced by some with making such a statement as in Bruce's signature.

don't see what was hypocritical.. :shrug:

lots of ways to spread the gospel, preaching isn't the best and only way. ;)

actually trying to live up to it is a better way and effects more people. :tup:

:b33r:

So by this I take it if someone acts righteously you will automatically assume they are a Christian? Are you saying Christians would be the only ones to act righteously? If not, then how would you know if someone was a Christian if they did not spread their faith?

So by this I take it if someone acts righteously you will automatically assume they are a Christian? Are you saying Christians would be the only ones to act righteously? If not, then how would you know if someone was a Christian if they did not spread their faith?

would it make any difference if everyone acted righteously all the time what faith they were. ;)

when your truly righteous you'll stand out from the crowd and effect everyone around you in a good way, thats when people will ask why and you can answer because i believe in christ. :tup:

Guest Kojak

seems to me you've been worried an awful lot about how man judges you all through this topic and how your actions effects them, now all of a sudden mans laws don't mean anything and it doesn't matter what men think about you,, it's god that judges. :shrug:

like i said earlier..

live your life, break no laws and hurt no-one intentionally. as long as you do that. you don't worry about what others think or even what faith they hold. ;)

god will do the judging when you die. :tup:

"now all of a sudden mans laws don't mean anything and it doesn't matter what men think about you"

Nowhere in this thread have I made reference to any Law other than the Law of God. Nor have I stated "it does not matter what men think about me". Read the thread.

There will most assuredly be a judgment day.

Revelation 1 (King James Version)

10) I was in the Spirit on the Lord's day, and heard behind me a great voice, as of a trumpet,

11) Saying, I am Alpha and Omega, the first and the last: and, What thou seest, write in a book, and send it unto the seven churches which are in Asia; unto Ephesus, and unto Smyrna, and unto Pergamos, and unto Thyatira, and unto Sardis, and unto Philadelphia, and unto Laodicea.

12) And I turned to see the voice that spake with me. And being turned, I saw seven golden candlesticks;

13) And in the midst of the seven candlesticks one like unto the Son of man, clothed with a garment down to the foot, and girt about the paps with a golden girdle.

14) His head and his hairs were white like wool, as white as snow; and his eyes were as a flame of fire;

15) And his feet like unto fine brass, as if they burned in a furnace; and his voice as the sound of many waters.

16) And he had in his right hand seven stars: and out of his mouth went a sharp twoedged sword: and his countenance was as the sun shineth in his strength.

17) And when I saw him, I fell at his feet as dead. And he laid his right hand upon me, saying unto me, Fear not; I am the first and the last:

18) I am he that liveth, and was dead; and, behold, I am alive for evermore, Amen; and have the keys of hell and of death.

(This is Christ speaking to John the Baptist)

Revelation 21 (King James Version)

1) And I saw a new heaven and a new earth: for the first heaven and the first earth were passed away; and there was no more sea.

2) And I John saw the holy city, new Jerusalem, coming down from God out of heaven, prepared as a bride adorned for her husband.

3) And I heard a great voice out of heaven saying, Behold, the tabernacle of God is with men, and he will dwell with them, and they shall be his people, and God himself shall be with them, and be their God.

4) And God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes; and there shall be no more death, neither sorrow, nor crying, neither shall there be any more pain: for the former things are passed away.

5) And he that sat upon the throne said, Behold, I make all things new. And he said unto me, Write: for these words are true and faithful.

6) And he said unto me, It is done. I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the end. I will give unto him that is athirst of the fountain of the water of life freely.

7) He that overcometh shall inherit all things; and I will be his God, and he shall be my son.

8) But the fearful, and unbelieving, and the abominable, and murderers, and whoremongers, and sorcerers, and idolaters, and all liars, shall have their part in the lake which burneth with fire and brimstone: which is the second death.

9) And there came unto me one of the seven angels which had the seven vials full of the seven last plagues, and talked with me, saying, Come hither, I will shew thee the bride, the Lamb's wife.

(Heaven described)

10) And he carried me away in the spirit to a great and high mountain, and shewed me that great city, the holy Jerusalem, descending out of heaven from God,

11) Having the glory of God: and her light was like unto a stone most precious, even like a jasper stone, clear as crystal;

12) And had a wall great and high, and had twelve gates, and at the gates twelve angels, and names written thereon, which are the names of the twelve tribes of the children of Israel:

13) On the east three gates; on the north three gates; on the south three gates; and on the west three gates.

14) And the wall of the city had twelve foundations, and in them the names of the twelve apostles of the Lamb.

15) And he that talked with me had a golden reed to measure the city, and the gates thereof, and the wall thereof.

16) And the city lieth foursquare, and the length is as large as the breadth: and he measured the city with the reed, twelve thousand furlongs. The length and the breadth and the height of it are equal.

17) And he measured the wall thereof, an hundred and forty and four cubits, according to the measure of a man, that is, of the angel.

18) And the building of the wall of it was of jasper: and the city was pure gold, like unto clear glass.

19) And the foundations of the wall of the city were garnished with all manner of precious stones. The first foundation was jasper; the second, sapphire; the third, a chalcedony; the fourth, an emerald;

20) The fifth, sardonyx; the sixth, sardius; the seventh, chrysolyte; the eighth, beryl; the ninth, a topaz; the tenth, a chrysoprasus; the eleventh, a jacinth; the twelfth, an amethyst.

21) And the twelve gates were twelve pearls: every several gate was of one pearl: and the street of the city was pure gold, as it were transparent glass.

22) And I saw no temple therein: for the Lord God Almighty and the Lamb are the temple of it.

23) And the city had no need of the sun, neither of the moon, to shine in it: for the glory of God did lighten it, and the Lamb is the light thereof.

24) And the nations of them which are saved shall walk in the light of it: and the kings of the earth do bring their glory and honour into it.

25) And the gates of it shall not be shut at all by day: for there shall be no night there.

26) And they shall bring the glory and honour of the nations into it.

27) And there shall in no wise enter into it any thing that defileth, neither whatsoever worketh abomination, or maketh a lie: but they which are written in the Lamb's book of life.

Matthew 25 (King James Version)

31) When the Son of man shall come in his glory, and all the holy angels with him, then shall he sit upon the throne of his glory:

32) And before him shall be gathered all nations: and he shall separate them one from another, as a shepherd divideth his sheep from the goats:

33) And he shall set the sheep on his right hand, but the goats on the left.

34) Then shall the King say unto them on his right hand, Come, ye blessed of my Father, inherit the kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world:

35) For I was an hungred, and ye gave me meat: I was thirsty, and ye gave me drink: I was a stranger, and ye took me in:

36) Naked, and ye clothed me: I was sick, and ye visited me: I was in prison, and ye came unto me.

37) Then shall the righteous answer him, saying, Lord, when saw we thee an hungred, and fed thee? or thirsty, and gave thee drink?

38) When saw we thee a stranger, and took thee in? or naked, and clothed thee?

39) Or when saw we thee sick, or in prison, and came unto thee?

40) And the King shall answer and say unto them, Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye have done it unto one of the least of these my brethren, ye have done it unto me.

41) Then shall he say also unto them on the left hand, Depart from me, ye cursed, into everlasting fire, prepared for the devil and his angels:

42) For I was an hungred, and ye gave me no meat: I was thirsty, and ye gave me no drink:

43) I was a stranger, and ye took me not in: naked, and ye clothed me not: sick, and in prison, and ye visited me not.

44) Then shall they also answer him, saying, Lord, when saw we thee an hungred, or athirst, or a stranger, or naked, or sick, or in prison, and did not minister unto thee?

45) Then shall he answer them, saying, Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye did it not to one of the least of these, ye did it not to me.

46) And these shall go away into everlasting punishment: but the righteous into life eternal.

2 Peter 3:9

The Lord is not slack concerning his promise, as some men count slackness; but is longsuffering to us-ward, not willing that any should perish, but that all should come to repentance.

Matthew 11 (King James Version)

27) All things are delivered unto me of my Father: and no man knoweth the Son, but the Father; neither knoweth any man the Father, save the Son, and he to whomsoever the Son will reveal him.

28) Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest.

29) Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls.

30) For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light.

As I said, if we disagree with the Word of God, our disagreement is with God. Not with men.

Guest Kojak

"lots of ways to spread the gospel, preaching isn't the best and only way".

Mark 16

(Christs commission to the first Local New Testament Church after his resurrection)

14) Afterward he appeared unto the eleven as they sat at meat, and upbraided them with their unbelief and hardness of heart, because they believed not them which had seen him after he was risen.

15) And he said unto them, Go ye into all the world, and preach the gospel to every creature.

16) He that believeth and is baptized shall be saved; but he that believeth not shall be damned.

Romans 10 (King James Version)

8) But what saith it? The word is nigh thee, even in thy mouth, and in thy heart: that is, the word of faith, which we preach;

9) That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved.

10) For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation.

11) For the scripture saith, Whosoever believeth on him shall not be ashamed.

12) For there is no difference between the Jew and the Greek: for the same Lord over all is rich unto all that call upon him.

13) For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved.

14) How then shall they call on him in whom they have not believed? and how shall they believe in him of whom they have not heard? and how shall they hear without a preacher?

15) And how shall they preach, except they be sent? as it is written, How beautiful are the feet of them that preach the gospel of peace, and bring glad tidings of good things!

16) But they have not all obeyed the gospel. For Esaias saith, Lord, who hath believed our report?

17) So then faith cometh by hearing, and hearing by the word of God.

"actually trying to live up to it is a better way and effects more people".

In addition to the "Great Commission", it is incumbent upon any claimant of Christ to be a "Living Epistle".

Guest Kojak

John 14:27 (King James Version)

(Christ speaking to believers)

27) Peace I leave with you, my peace I give unto you: not as the world giveth, give I unto you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid.

I have this peace which passeth all understanding. It is free , for the asking.

:nitey:

Another way to 'convert people' is to create a common enemy and offer your deity as both protector and rallying point.

Reading some of the rubbish posted, it could be a Mullah preaching to us with all that talk about being commanded by God (scriptures) to spread the word.

Religion is a man made tragedy that kept the top 1% rich and powerfull. All religion should be banned as it is nothing but a tool of death, hatred, intolerance, hypocrisy and a large portion of paedophilia thrown in the mix. Not heard of many Muslim, Bhuddist or Hindu spiritual leaders being caught abusing defensless children lately. The holy (ier than though) church is all about power and control over others, just as are most sex crimes. The 2 are both sides of the same coin.

Ban god!!!

Guest Kojak

Another way to 'convert people' is to create a common enemy and offer your deity as both protector and rallying point.

Reading some of the rubbish posted, it could be a Mullah preaching to us with all that talk about being commanded by God (scriptures) to spread the word.

Religion is a man made tragedy that kept the top 1% rich and powerfull. All religion should be banned as it is nothing but a tool of death, hatred, intolerance, hypocrisy and a large portion of paedophilia thrown in the mix. Not heard of many Muslim, Bhuddist or Hindu spiritual leaders being caught abusing defensless children lately. The holy (ier than though) church is all about power and control over others, just as are most sex crimes. The 2 are both sides of the same coin.

Ban god!!!

Check yer scatter gun at thuh dawr suhn. It ain't goin' ta make no nevuh mind ta folks in heah.

Gitcher thankin' cap on instaehd. It awta dew ya a heap mawr guud.

Check yer scatter gun at thuh dawr suhn. It ain't goin' ta make no nevuh mind ta folks in heah.

Gitcher thankin' cap on instaehd. It awta dew ya a heap mawr guud.

Hmmm. You appear to be speaking in tongues. Do I take that as a sign? :lol:

Religion was born out of mans fear/ misunderstanding of the unknown from the earliest days. As we became more intelligent man learned to prey on those fears and use there new found religions to subjugate all around.

This has led to countless wars through out history and they still rage today.

I don't knock anyones beliefs, after all we all have our own opinions, but I really can't see the point of this thread or where it's supoosed to be going?

Religion was born out of mans fear/ misunderstanding of the unknown from the earliest days. As we became more intelligent man learned to prey on those fears and use there new found religions to subjugate all around.

This has led to countless wars through out history and they still rage today.

I don't knock anyones beliefs, after all we all have our own opinions, but I really can't see the point of this thread or where it's supoosed to be going?

I really can't see the point of this thread or where it's supoosed to be going?

I see apoint to discuss these things from time to time. It's good to challenge others perceptions.

I hope it is heading to PD rather than the graveyard of locked topics :b33r:

Sir t as always.. :tup:

:rofl2:

it is incumbent upon any claimant of Christ to be a "Living Epistle".

whats a living apostle to do with someone doing good for no reason except it's good??

preaching does nothing...

if you believe then you don't need preaching to..

if you don't then all preaching does is get on your nerves..

and is seen as bs from a hypocrite... ;)

Edited by terry1966

terry, what is your definition of preaching? is it reading scriptures?

I ain't Terry but here goes. Nope "reading scripture" isn't preaching, reading a scripture is a very private and personal thing, being bombarded by scriptures from people who think that pushing their religious agenda on others is "preaching".

Preaching is fine Joe, I personally think those who wish to be Preached to have a Constitutional right to go and get preached to. There are hundreds of thousands of churches, temples, synagogues, prayer meetings...........where people can go f that is what they choose. Choose being the key word in that sentence of course.

It when people start bombarding those who don't wish to be preached to by hundreds of scriptures that it becomes a problem.

There is a huge difference between expressing ideals and beliefs and beating people over the head with a book they didn't ask to beat with.

Edited by Bruce

how can someone "beat you over the head"? That can only happen if you let them...If you do not like what someone is saying, then simply walk away unless you really feel offended, there are avenues for that. What you feel is offensive may or may not be offensive to the rest of the community so that needs to be taken into consideration also

When I am approached on the street, in Shopping centers, airports, or at my own front door it isn't offensive, it is annoying, intrusive and disrespectful.

When I open a thread that is specifically about "me" and my signature it is not the "community" it is me personally. Only to be bombarded by a boat load of religious garbage it is disrespectful.

Edited by Bruce

reality check....My question was originally ment for terry, I have often heard that europe and the U.K. are often biased against Christians, Sir T's posts reveal that quite plainly so I wanted terry's view too. I have jehova's witness's knock on my door. I do not consider these folks Christians but I do not get offended when they come either

I also said it wasn't offensive, however I get far more evangelicals the Jehovah's Witnesses.

I said it was intrusive, and disrespectful.

My favorite make em run away tactic is to answer the door in my underwear. ;)

reality check....My question was originally ment for terry, I have often heard that europe and the U.K. are often biased against Christians, Sir T's posts reveal that quite plainly so I wanted terry's view too. I have jehova's witness's knock on my door. I do not consider these folks Christians but I do not get offended when they come either

My post only speaks for me, not Europe. Although I think it true to say that where Europeans might not be so aggressively anti as me, they have, in the main grown out of the need of religion and what people used to think it offered them. It's all about the science now :tup:

Guest Kojak

Hmmm. You appear to be speaking in tongues. Do I take that as a sign? :lol:

ahm tawkin' slo. It down't meahn ahm stuupid... :bigsmile:

Let me put aside my rants and lay this on you.

The philosopher David Hume said in 1776:

"Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is impotent.

Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent.

Is he both able and willing? Whence then is evil?"