Sign in to follow this  
Guest Kojak

Thought provoking Signatures

Going to Church doesn't make you a Christian any more than going into a garage makes you a car.

Hypocrisy is in every person of all walks of life. To be imperfect is human.

Edited by The Dude

Guest Kojak

inspired me anyway bruce.. :lol:

kojak

to me that sounds like you have a very high opinion of yourself and very little faith in god. :shrug:

do you really think god would allow your actions to decide who he allows into heaven? :nono:

how do you know this??

surely no-one knows what god's thinking or doing.

i'm pretty sure people get signs from god every day that reinforces or starts a belief in him. ;)

:b33r:

"kojak

to me that sounds like you have a very high opinion of yourself and very little faith in god. :shrug: "

Quite the contrary. I implied nothing other than that I understand, potentially for better or worse, my observable conduct (if not above justifiable reproach) may inappropriately influence others. Accordingly, I endeavor to follow the example of Christ, as outlined in Scripture, Having in part the counsel of Scripture as noted below.

Philippians 2 (King James Version)

3) Let nothing be done through strife or vainglory; but in lowliness of mind let each esteem other better than themselves.

As for Faith: If it were not for Faith in God. If it were not for due diligence in my study of Scripture. If it were not for following the counsel of Scripture as noted below, I would have no credible answer for you.

2 Timothy 2:15

Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth.

"Surely no-one knows what God's thinking or doing".

Scripture is replete with references to what is in the mind and heart of God.

It is therein to be found by all who desire to know.

"I'm pretty sure people get signs from God every day that reinforces or starts a belief in him".

Creation itself bears witness of the Creator:

Romans 1:20 (King James Version)

For the invisible things of him from the creation of the world are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even his eternal power and Godhead; so that they are without excuse:

Note: Edited to correct an oversight in proof reading.

Edited by Kojak

Guest Kojak

Going to Church doesn't make you a Christian any more than going into a garage makes you a car.

Hypocrisy is in every person of all walks of life. To be imperfect is human.

"Going to Church doesn't make you a Christian any more than going into a garage makes you a car".

I would accept this as an axiom. Although, if it were possible, I'd be a 1957 Chrysler Windsor: http://www.barrett-jackson.com/application...id=45&pop=0

"Hypocrisy is in every person of all walks of life. To be imperfect is human".

To put it more succinctly, the potential for hypocrisy is inherent in all, seeing we are every one of the seed of Adam. Precisely because I understand this, I endeavor to be above justifiable reproach.

Guest Kojak

Has Mohamed gone to the mountain or did the mountain come to Mohamed? :unsure:

I don't chase rabbits. They don't have enough meat on their bones to make it worthwhile. :bigsmile:

:note2: Give me a home, where the Buffalo roam... :note2: ... and a good rifle :Texan:

Edited by Kojak

Kind of a silly signature. If you love Christ you would not say I don't like your Christians to him.

Christians are good people. If you are upset with a select few, then you should not chastise the whole.

Take Muslims for example. There are some in the Muslim faith I have issues with, but I would not say I don't like Muslims.

If you love Christ as you say you do, pray for those that you take issue with. That's the Christian way.

It's going good, had a good day at work and looks to be sleep time here in a few.

Hope your day was good as well?

Quite the contrary. I implied nothing other than that I understand, potentially for better or worse, my observable conduct (if not above justifiable reproach) may inappropriately influence others. Accordingly, I endeavor to follow the example of Christ, as outlined in Scripture, Having in part the counsel of Scripture as noted below.

the bit i find intriguing about the above is "justifiable reproach"

what is justifiable allowed and by whom is it judged?

Guest Kojak

It's going good, had a good day at work and looks to be sleep time here in a few.

Hope your day was good as well?

Haven't had enough snow to suit me yet. :bigsmile: Otherwise, it was, is and will be.

Kind of a silly signature. If you love Christ you would not say I don't like your Christians to him.

Christians are good people. If you are upset with a select few, then you should not chastise the whole.

Take Muslims for example. There are some in the Muslim faith I have issues with, but I would not say I don't like Muslims.

If you love Christ as you say you do, pray for those that you take issue with. That's the Christian way.

take it your not a christian then kram.

Do you some how know what I pray about? Is that you GOD?

Guest Kojak

the bit i find intriguing about the above is "justifiable reproach"

what is justifiable allowed and by whom is it judged?

If you take the time to read the whole thread, you will find the answer to your question(s).

Guest Kojak

If read in context, one would not correctly draw said conclusion.

who said i knew what you prayed about?? or even if you prayed??

Who are you to pass judgment on my faith? Actually strike that question. This thread is not about me nor do I care to argue my faith with you.

If read in context, one would not correctly draw said conclusion.

the conclusion was drawn from lots of passed comments of krams on a variety of subjects,

where praying for people you have issue was the last thing on his mind.. ;)

Guest Kojak

the conclusion was drawn from lots of passed comments of krams on a variety of subjects,

where praying for people you have issue was the last thing on his mind.. ;)

Let me put it this way...

His comment was about the signature. You should be able to understand who the intended recipient of the comment is. Hint: whose signature is it ? See text below.

"Kind of a silly signature. If you love Christ you would not say I don't like your Christians to him.

If you love Christ as you say you do, pray for those that you take issue with. That's the Christian way".

If you take the time to read the whole thread, you will find the answer to your question(s).

read it all again?? you must be joking... :rofl2:

live your life, break no laws and hurt no-one intentionally. as long as you do that, you don't worry about what others think or even what faith they hold. ;)

god will do the judging when you die. :tup:

Edited by terry1966

live your life, break no laws and hurt no-one intentionally. as long as you do that you don't worry about what others think or even what faith they hold. ;)

Tad bit hypocritical. :rolleyes:

In the Christian faith you are to go and spread the Gospel of the Lord. That is what you are witnessing in this thread. Kojak gave perfect example of why one might not be witnessed to the actual Christian faith being practiced by some with making such a statement as in Bruce's signature.

Edited by KRAM

Guest Kojak

live your life, break no laws and hurt no-one intentionally. as long as you do that you don't worry about what others think or even what faith they hold. ;)

"read it all again?? you must be joking... :rofl2:"

Actually ? No. I gave you the benefit of the doubt you were interested in understanding.

"live your life, break no laws and hurt no-one intentionally. as long as you do that you don't worry about what others think or even what faith they hold. ;) "

Really ?

Romans 3 (King James Version)

19) Now we know that what things soever the law saith, it saith to them who are under the law: that every mouth may be stopped, and all the world may become guilty before God.

20) Therefore by the deeds of the law there shall no flesh be justified in his sight: for by the law is the knowledge of sin.

21) But now the righteousness of God without the law is manifested, being witnessed by the law and the prophets;

22) Even the righteousness of God which is by faith of Jesus Christ unto all and upon all them that believe: for there is no difference:

23) For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God;

24) Being justified freely by his grace through the redemption that is in Christ Jesus:

25) Whom God hath set forth to be a propitiation through faith in his blood, to declare his righteousness for the remission of sins that are past, through the forbearance of God;

26To declare, I say, at this time his righteousness: that he might be just, and the justifier of him which believeth in Jesus.

27) Where is boasting then? It is excluded. By what law? of works? Nay: but by the law of faith.

28) Therefore we conclude that a man is justified by faith without the deeds of the law.

Galatians 3:23-25 (King James Version)

23) But before faith came, we were kept under the law, shut up unto the faith which should afterwards be revealed.

24) Wherefore the law was our schoolmaster to bring us unto Christ, that we might be justified by faith.

25) But after that faith is come, we are no longer under a schoolmaster.

Ephesians 4 (King James Version)

5) One Lord, one faith, one baptism,

1 Timothy 2 (King James Version)

5) For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus;

6) Who gave himself a ransom for all, to be testified in due time.

If we disagree with the Word of God, our disagreement is with God. Not with men.

Edited by Kojak

"I love your Christ! I don't like your Christians. Your Christians are so unlike your Christ."

seems pretty straight forward to me,

""I love your Christ!" because he was gods son, a good man, and died for my sins.

"I don't like your Christians." because they are just men and being such, they are apt to commit atrocities in his name.

"Your Christians are so unlike your Christ." because christ wouldn't commit the atrocities.

now we all know atrocities are committed by a few and gives the rest a bad name, but still the signature reads true.

christians are so unlike christ even tho we strives to be like him, as a whole we have a long long way to go. ;)

seems to me you've been worried an awful lot about how man judges you all through this topic and how your actions effects them, now all of a sudden mans laws don't mean anything and it doesn't matter what men think about you,, it's god that judges. :shrug:

like i said earlier..

live your life, break no laws and hurt no-one intentionally. as long as you do that. you don't worry about what others think or even what faith they hold. ;)

Edited by terry1966

Guest Kojak

""I love your Christ!" because he was gods son, a good man, and died for my sins.

"I don't like your Christians." because they are just men and being such, they are apt to commit atrocities in his name.

"Your Christians are so unlike your Christ." because christ wouldn't commit the atrocities.

now we all know atrocities are committed by a few and gives the rest a bad name, but still the signature reads true.

christians are so unlike christ even tho we strives to be like him, as a whole we have a long long way to go. ;)

This is why my hearts desire is to be the proper example so many are not.

Read the thread. You will find I've already said as much.

In my own strength, I will always fail.

Philippians 4: (King James Version)

12) I know both how to be abased, and I know how to abound: every where and in all things I am instructed both to be full and to be hungry, both to abound and to suffer need.

13) I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me.

I will disagree with this and this is what the topic is pretty much about. You and I have had this discussion before. If they do actions unlike a Christian, such as committing atrocities then they probably are not a Christian. If you truly have Christ in your heart you would not do such things. Now if you want to call "infidelity" an atrocity I would disagree with that. Being a Christian does not make you perfect and in fact makes you and even bigger target for Satan to throw sins at you. He knows this hurts GOD and he does everything he can to hurt GOD. If you truly understood the Christian faith perhaps you would not be so inclined to make such brash statements.

Wars are going to happen here. It even happened in Heaven with no mercy given to the fallen angels. They where cast out for eternity.