Sign in to follow this  
flyfishingrules2

GodMode for Windows 7

Holy Crap:

http://www.downloadsquad.com/2010/01/03/st...od-mode-folder/

:)

Says it is for Windows 7, but worked on my Vista machine too (didn't try XP) :tup:

EDIT: I have been asked to put in a WARNING about using this with Windows Vista 64 bits. Some have reported that it caused Windows Explorer to crash and/or go into a restart loop. There is much Google info on how to fix this. Others have reported that it works. Both examples are even shown in this thread in posts #21 and 22. Thanks, ffr2

Edited by flyfishingrules2

Very convenient!

I put the folder on my "utility" USB key drive that I bring to every call.

Should prove to be a time saver.

Thanks for posting the tip, flyfishingrules2. :tup:

:)Y

Did an experiment, You don't have to call it God Mode. As long long as it has the dot and numbers (.{ED7BA470-8E54-465E-825C-99712043E01C} ) then you can name the file anything you want in front of it. I named mine Main Files instead of "God Mode" and got the same results

Although calling it God Mode sounds really cool

Edited by Joe C

Did an experiment, You don't have to call it God Mode. As long long as it has the dot and numbers (.{ED7BA470-8E54-465E-825C-99712043E01C} ) then you can name the file anything you want in front of it. I named mine Main Files instead of "God Mode" and got the same results

Although calling it God Mode sounds really cool

I kinda like "God Mode", has a certain ring to it :mrgreen:

I was thinking something catchy like "Control Panel" would be a great name for it. ;)

Other then the silly name they have chosen it is indeed one of the best tips I have seen. :tup:

Edited by Bruce

I was thinking something catchy like "Control Panel" would be a great name for it. ;)

Other then the silly name they have chosen it is indeed one of the best tips I have seen. :tup:

Great minds think alike..... :clap:

I was thinking that on my way down and found your post.

GREAT TIP!

Great tip FF2.

Now if I can figure how to pin it to the taskbar.

I created the folder on my desktop and also dragged it into the Start menu.

I also can't see to get it to show up on the taskbar.

Bruce has a Windows machine to try this :blink:

I only looked at the picture.

However my wife has win 7 machine for her civil engineering courses aka auto cad 2010.

Haven't looked at it though, it may have the flu. :lol:

You can put the shortcut anywhere you want, doesn't have to be on the desktop, in Documents will do. Then just right click on it and select "Pin to Taskbar". Might want to change the icon for it as well, or it will match the default Explorer icon.

My wife has been using the last Rc candidate.

When Microsoft disables it, she will just have to use the schools computers for her last semester.

I refuse to pay for software I can't own.

Whatever you do....DON'T TRY THIS ON A VISTA 64 BIT MACHINE! It will screw it up. It causes windows explorer to go into a starting/restarting mode that you can't get out of. The screen flashes and refreshes over and over not allowing you to click anything. Even safe mode does the same thing. I spent about a hour this past weekend removing this from my work computer! Dispite all the suggested ways to remove it, the only way I could do it was through "safe mode with command prompt". You have to use dos commands to delete the folder...once you navigate to the place you put it!

It doesn't have any "nasty malware designed for Vista" EclipseWebJS2. This is designed for Windows 7, but other's are experimenting with their Vista machines to see if it works on those OS's as well.

sheesh ...

Thank you for this!! i love it! i use a windows 7 pc at work, running 32 bit on an amd64 X2 .

im trying to learn all the ins and outs of 7, becaus we are starting to roll it out to the end users here. this folder will come in very handy! :b33r: