Sign in to follow this  
tigers66

Help-connect Kodak wireless printer

tigers66   

Hello, can anyone help me with a problem. I have been given a Kodak ESP 5250 wifi printer for Christmas. I have successfully connected it to my Netgear router, and it is working fine with wifi 3 lap tops attached also. The problem is my own PC, which is connected directly to the router. When I try to print it cannot connect with the printer. It suggests firewalls may be the problem. The router has its own firewall so could that block the path to the printer, if so what do I do ?

Also could it be a network thing, my router is still called Netgear and my network as set up by the wizard uses mt family name.

Any help is really appreciated.

tigers66   

Hello, can anyone help me with a problem. I have been given a Kodak ESP 5250 wifi printer for Christmas. I have successfully connected it to my Netgear router, and it is working fine with wifi 3 lap tops attached also. The problem is my own PC, which is connected directly to the router. When I try to print it cannot connect with the printer. It suggests firewalls may be the problem. The router has its own firewall so could that block the path to the printer, if so what do I do ?

Also could it be a network thing, my router is still called Netgear and my network as set up by the wizard uses mt family name.

Any help is really appreciated.

Hi, why is when you have asked a question, you sort it out.

I had to go to Properties, Ports, Configure Port. The area where it said "Name or IP address of the printer" was the name of the Printer Model that the software automatically installed. I had to erase this and then enter the IP address of the printer. The printer would not work with the Name in that field. It only worked after I entered the IP Address. Nowhere could I find that in the documentation, came across it on another forum !!

I have had the same problems with my Kodak Printer. I have trawled the internet and Kodaks website and have sucessfuly found the answer to my problem and it has worked, You will need to add the wireless printer manually via the Add Printers dialogue. Here is a link to the page that tells you how to set it up Manually. http://support.en.ko...7/selected/true

I

Edited by jessica123

Joe C   

Does your printer have a cable to the router (cat 5) ?

Is your desktop pc wireless?

Do you have a usb cable running from your pc to the printer?

you may need to put the printer in the DMZ zone to allow access to the pc.

These answers will help determine your issue

Edited by Joe C