Sign in to follow this  
Guest pipfan

Help! Virus!

Guest pipfan

I just found out today that my system has been infected with the Backdoor.NetDevil.B virus. After much panic, I managed to delete the virus and remove ShellMSN.exe from the registry, and it looks like the virus is gone because I've scanned 3 or 4 times and nothing has come up. However, I see in my registry a program called XtremeLok License Manager.exe. Legit or not? I don't think it is, but I've done numerous google searches on it and can't find a thing. Should I remove it from the registry?

Andy

Does it have to do with your firewall or security?

I used google and typed in XtremeLoc (hit feeling lucky). It took me to something (loading up) that looked like it might be for security.........Sorry, I didn't want to stick around for it to finish loading :blushing:

Guest pipfan

Thing is, this ExtreamLok just showed up in the registry and msconfig today. I've never downloaded this program, so I don't know how it go on here. That's why I think it's something related to the virus I removed. Is it ok if I uncheck it in msconfig? I don't want to delete it from the registry until I'm sure of what it is.

You can try that,,but then reboot and check to see if it didn't restart itself in msconfig again,,alot of those programs will.