Sign in to follow this  
Rkiesz

Help with Photoshop Elements 8 and Sharing pictures by mail

Please help?

I just got a new laptop w/Windows 7 and installed Photoshop Elements 8. Having trouble sharing pictures through e-mail. Photoshop in preferences>sharing gives two options Adobe mail and Windows Mail.

When I try to send through Windows Mail I get error no email client detected setup in Control Panel defaults?

New to Windows 7 and can't find where to do this. Is Photoshop 8 compatable with Windows Mail?

Can't get the Adobe Reader mail to work either?

Any help is greatly appreciated!

Thanks Pitsters! :pullhair::h3lp:

Don't think window mail is included with W7, at least I can't find it.

I have installed thunderbird as my default client, that got me around the issue of sending mail from applications.

Please help?

I just got a new laptop w/Windows 7 and installed Photoshop Elements 8. Having trouble sharing pictures through e-mail. Photoshop in preferences>sharing gives two options Adobe mail and Windows Mail.

When I try to send through Windows Mail I get error no email client detected setup in Control Panel defaults?

New to Windows 7 and can't find where to do this. Is Photoshop 8 compatable with Windows Mail?

Can't get the Adobe Reader mail to work either?

Any help is greatly appreciated!

Thanks Pitsters! :pullhair::h3lp:

I have Win 7 but I am using Windows Live Mail. Is your Windows Mail account set up and working? Using Windows Explorer, just right click on the photo and select Send to on the menu and then Email Recipient. The photo will be reduced to a size suitable for email and all you have to do is add the email address and click on Send

I think then maybe it is windows Live Mail it was already on the PC and I just set it up with my ISP.

Never messed with Thunderbird? Is it a simple program?

Thanks nigsy

Trying to send from the Photoshop program

I just installed Photo Elements 7 and I get the same results as you. It is still easier to use Windows Explorer as I described in earlier post. By the way I downloaded and installed Windows Live Photo Gallery. It does just as good as or better than Elements and the email function does work.

:cr@sh::cr@sh:

Looks like Photoshop will not support windows mail?

It does support Outlook and Outlook Express though!

Is Outlook Express compatible with Windows 7 ?

I might try to download and use it !

Thanks all for help!

Looks like I will be trying thunderbird as Outlook Express is only good up to XP?

Edited by Rkiesz