Sign in to follow this  
BigJoe5434

Gun Lovers

alright this is mainly for gun lovers, collectors and/or someone who just believes in the right to bare arms.

i have owned a couple guns a .22 rifle and a Mosberg 500 12 guage pump shotgun. but i have been wanting to purchase a handgun for a while now for home protection, i live in a rural area with little to no violent crimes since i have lived here. but i am the type that would not like to get caught with there pants down so to say.

anyways i had it narrowed down to a Smith and Wesson .357 revolver, and a Glock 22 .40. i finally settled on purchasing the Glock after reviews, and i have personally handled a Glock and really like the feel in my hands. there practicly indestructable and will last me a long time. there easy to disassemble to clean which is always a plus.

well couple weeks from now im gonna head to the closest gun store im aware of to look at pricing. alot of reviews online say you can pick them up with 3 magazines and nightsights for anywhere between $430-$525.

now is there a place online to purchase a pistol (obviously online paperwork) with the price im looking for and basicly they ship it to a local gun store for me to pick it up? i do need to check the gunstore first to see if the price is in that range because that would solve my problem.

Legal online dealers won't sell to ya' unless you have a FFL (Federal Firearms License). You can locate one and have them order for you, or just go to the local gun dealer and see what they have and whether they'll order what you want.

:geezer:

Legal online dealers won't sell to ya' unless you have a FFL (Federal Firearms License). You can locate one and have them order for you, or just go to the local gun dealer and see what they have and whether they'll order what you want.

:geezer:

x2 but before you jump off the deep end on a Glock, look into the Springfield XD series. I know a lot of gun folks, police men included, who prefer the feel of the XD to the Glock. Also, the grip is a more natural angle than the Glocks making it more comfortable to shoot.

I personally have the SA XD 9mm. <---- last yrs model

http://www.springfield-armory.com/xd.php

My neighbor has a nice glock, he really likes it. he's a retired sheriff and truly loves guns, and for $60. he will give you the training and necessary paper work for a CCW permit as per NRA standards (a trip to my neighborhood is required)

The Glock is a great handgun, but for home defense a shotgun is best.

Consider it.

yup, I keep my shotgun right in the drawer of my nightstand just in case something happens in the middle of the night

I don't need a gun...we have a Chihuahua

if my german shepard had the temperment of a little dog, I'd be in trouble

I like shooting the XD better than the Gl but I agree with chop, a shotgun is probably best.

Also, your better off paying a smidgen more with the local guy than getting it somewhere else.

Edited by one2gamble

gonna head to the gun store this tuesday to have a look around and possibly put a down payment and get the paper work out of the way :tup:

What are you gonna get? Right now, .40 S&W ammo is the easiest to find. Your mil spec ammo, ie:9mm and .45 are very difficult and rather expensive compared to 18 months ago.

What are you gonna get? Right now, .40 S&W ammo is the easiest to find. Your mil spec ammo, ie:9mm and .45 are very difficult and rather expensive compared to 18 months ago.

hoping for the glock 22 .40 so would be nice to grab it up with a couple boxes of ammo :tup:

hoping for the glock 22 .40 so would be nice to grab it up with a couple boxes of ammo :tup:

That's a nice firearm. Good luck on the purchase. :tup:

yea why? this is Texas its actually very normal

I don't believe they're allowed to own firearms for sport OR self defense over there. :yucky: