Sign in to follow this  
Guest dogboner2001

PC Matic discount

Guest dogboner2001

Was really happy ( :angry: ) to receive the following email today from PC Pitstop...

PC Matic for just $9.99

=============================================================

PC Matic is a breakthrough in technology that combines all of

our award winning applications into one easy to use tool.

Click Here to Get PC Matic Now!

(https://cart.pcpitstop.com/go.asp?id=500239)

========================================================

Use coupon code PCMATIC2009 at checkout. Discount is limited to

purchase of a 1 year subscription for PC Matic Home. Offer ends

11/30/09 & cannot be combined with any other offers or applied

towards any other PC Pitstop license renewals, extensions, or any

previous PC Pitstop purchases.

...especially after having just paid FULL PRICE on 11/25/09!

Thanks guys... :clap:

Guest jsm555

Yeah, I just bought Optimize myself, but couldn't pass up the discount for PCMatic. Now I'm trying to figure out if I need to un-install Optimize before I install PCMatic, or just go ahead and install the new software.

Was really happy ( :angry: ) to receive the following email today from PC Pitstop...

PC Matic for just $9.99

Yeah, I just bought Optimize myself, but couldn't pass up the discount for PCMatic. Now I'm trying to figure out if I need to un-install Optimize before I install PCMatic, or just go ahead and install the new software.

No need to uninstall before installing PC Matic, but no reason to leave it on the computer, either.

PC Matic for just $9.99

All of our software comes with a 30-day money back guarantee. If you are unhappy you can get a refund then use the discount coupon to get the program for $9.99.

All of our software comes with a 30-day money back guarantee. If you are unhappy you can get a refund then use the discount coupon to get the program for $9.99.

Two questions:

1) I paid $49.99 yesterday for a 5 license package which was billed as a single subscription. Is this $9.99 deal also a 5 license package or just a single license (i.e. if I need to install on 4 machines, would I need to buy 4 copies at $9.99 each?)?

2) If I do the refund thing and get one or more copies for $9.99 do I need to uninstall the previous licensed copies and install the new ones or can I just change the registration code for each?

:wp:

1) The $9.99 promotion is exactly the same product as the $49.99 one.

2) You won't need to do anything. Once the existing order is refunded, the subscription expires. Once the new order completes, the subscription starts up again from the new order date.

Guest dogboner2001

OK, but I've ordered a CD for installation on other systems and that is still enroute via snail mail. If I follow your suggestion, I've got to return the disk to get full credit, then wait for it to be reshipped with the NEW order.

Isn't there a way to just credit me for the difference in the two purchases electronically and keep the USPS out of the transaction as much as possible?

You do not need the CD to install PC Matic on other systems.

To reinstall PC Matic or install the program on an additional computer, download and install the program from our customer service page by clicking the link below:

http://www.pcpitstop.com/store/service.asp

Click "Next" then select PC Matic and click download.

Once the program is installed, launch the application, and login to run the scan. For PC matic, you only need to login with the same email address , and password as was previously used for the original installation. Do not click on the 'Register' option. If you need a password lookup, you can do that from here: http://www.pcpitstop.com/pcpitstop/email_my_password.asp?

Hey Bryan.

The offer will only be available from 11/27/09 - 11/30/09. If I'm reading that correctly it should expire at midnight on Monday.

Hey Bryan.

The offer will only be available from 11/27/09 - 11/30/09. If I'm reading that correctly it should expire at midnight on Monday.

Thank you sir. I gotta snatch this up!

Correction:

The offer will only be available from 11/27/09 - 11/30/09. It will expire at midnight on Monday.

Correction:

The offer will only be available from 11/27/09 - 11/30/09. It will expire at midnight on Monday.

Well, it's 1:30am on the 30th, I just tried to purchase PC Matic with promo code PCMATIC2009 and I receive error code 5. It looks like I'm up the river without a paddle.

It appears that the coupon has expired 24 hours ahead of the advertised time. As it is the middle of the night, we will not be able to get this fixed until the morning. I have requested that the offer be extended an additional 24 hours to compensate for our mistake.

Thank you for your patience.

It appears that the coupon has expired 24 hours ahead of the advertised time. As it is the middle of the night, we will not be able to get this fixed until the morning. I have requested that the offer be extended an additional 24 hours to compensate for our mistake.

Thank you for your patience.

Thank you for getting it fixed, or at least a new cupon code issued anyways. The old code issues a CODE 3 error now.

Thank you

Hello :-) I've received 2 emails with this discount but when I tried to buy it I have the coupon code pcmatic2009 too which gave me a CODE 3 error.. fail. So I've come onto the website and I'm downloading the scan now, when I come to buy it what code will i need to use to get the discount?? Please.. it's 6:15pm on 30/11/09 now.. in the UK anyway :-)

Obviously the sooner the better please :-).. I already have disk MD, exterminate, optimise and driver alert so other than taking advantage of this discount there really is no reason to buy this, but I'd like to do it now if possible..

For a Fail 3 error, if the coupon code is already in the box and the price is already showing as discounted ($9.99), do not click the 'Apply' button and see if that resolves the issue.

You do not need the CD to install PC Matic on other systems.

To reinstall PC Matic or install the program on an additional computer, download and install the program from our customer service page by clicking the link below:

Click "Next" then select PC Matic and click download.

Once the program is installed, launch the application, and login to run the scan. For PC matic, you only need to login with the same email address , and password as was previously used for the original installation. Do not click on the 'Register' option. If you need a password lookup, you can do that from here: http://www.pcpitstop.com/pcpitstop/email_my_password.asp?

Posting this for you, since you seem to be the "official" responder. I have now bought PC Matic twice, once for 49.99 and just now (5 min ago) for 9.99 The second buy per your earlier answer to someone above about getting a refund on an earlier purchase. I used the format to request help on this yesterday (Sun Nov 29) 5 min after I paid 49.99 because the screen flashed by so fast could not enter the discount code. Guess there were hundreds or thousands of problems recorded because did not get a response yet, about 22 hours.

PCMATIC was dl just fine. Worked just fine. Hope discount works just as fine.

Do have 2 questions: Which of your diagnostics are not replaced by PC Matic? And why isn't there a Customer Service phone number for your company?

I checked and I do not see any tickets for you other than the one opened and answered on 3/25/2008. For whatever reason, your message apparently did not arrive. All tickets, and I mean all, are answered within 24 hours, usually much less.

At any rate, the original order has now been refunded.

The only program not replaced by PC Matic is Erase.

PC Pitstop does not attempt telephone support. Our help desk is our source of contact and product support. All tickets will be responded to in 24 hours or less. The average response time is usually a few hours or less. We will gladly respond to any and all questions from there.

Hey Bryan.

I am so bummed right now. I've been using PC Pitstop since 2002 or so - maybe earlier. Used it last around 3 weeks ago, and had no idea PC Matic was released. Just saw there was this coupon code after googling for more info about the program. Checked my email and it turns out I've received no emails from PC Pitstop since 2007., and the coupon is now expired.

A few questions:

Main question: Is there any way I can partake in the discount that was offered, and if not, are there plans to offer similar offers in the future? Due to finances, I'm able to pay $10 but not $50 at this point.

Second question:

I stumbled across these two links to the prior free versions:

http://www.pcpitstop.com/betapit/pitstop.asp

http://www.pcpitstop.com/pcpitstop/pitstop.asp

Was the machine test history wiped out on the site? Using both the free links, I cannot find previous test results. Up until now, I could see all the tests I'd performed (including the various machines they were tested on).

Thanks!

If you haven't run an OverDrive scan in over six months your account may have been deleted, but you should have first received an email at the registered email address. The one you used to register to the forum does not have a testing account affiliated with it. To check any other email addresses, please open a ticket with our help desk from here:

If your account is still active, any existing test results should have been transferred over to OverDrive:

http://www.pcpitstop.com/betapit/

I suspect our emails may be going to an old email address, which would explain both why you did not get a PC Matic promotional email or have any test results. You must be logged in to view previous saved tests.

You can sign up your existing email address from the link below to be sure to get notifications of any upcoming promotions. I'm sure there will be more, but I can't say when or what the discount will be.

http://echo4.bluehornet.com/phase2/survey1....htm?cid=kmsedo

Thanks for the response. I actually wasn't talking about Overdrive but about PC Pitstop's main service. My account is still active and it's the same email as is for this forum. I actually went back in tonight and my history showed up again. Not sure if I did something wrong or if you adjusted something, but thanks either way.

I did notice that the box for "Send me updates on PC Pitstop's new features" was unchecked. I now understand why I didn't receive an email, although I would've hoped abandoning the free testing for $50 yearly testing would've qualified a notification. I have checked the box so I should get the updates in the future.

So, it looks like I'll have to wait until the next great deal comes around before I can afford the program. In the meantime, to make sure, the PC Matic doesn't give "do it yourself" instructions like the site did, right? Thanks again for all the info, and for the great program all these years. It's truly helped me out over the years!

I'm not sure what you mean by PC Pitstop's main service. OverDrive is our free diagnostic that is latest incarnation of our 'full tests' and is the heart and soul of PC Pitstop. As far as I know, OverDrive would be our main service. Each of the Recommended Fixes in the first page of the OverDrive test results is a clickable link that will open a page with specific suggestions how to resolve each issue.

None of our paid products maintain tests results as extensive as OverDrive, so I'm at a loss to figure out the reference to our main service if it is something other than OverDrive.

From our home page, the link to OverDrive is now immediately to the lower left of the large ad for PC Matic, which occupies the former spot held by OverDrive.

Glad to hear your results are back and the email issue is resolved.