Sign in to follow this  
Jacee

Detailed Information About Your Hardware

This is a nifty little 'specs' application! Free download ....

http://lifehacker.com/5401456/speccy-gives...t-your-hardware

Speccy would be more useful if you could save or export the results to a text file or Worksheet so that you could compare with other systems in a database of some sort. Otherwise, there are many other programs that can do what speccy does quite nicely. Belarc advisor comes to mind.

This is a beta version and appears to have a few problems. It doesnt recognise one of my external drives but more serious than that it has now crashed my system twice.

Its going to be uninstalled.

G'day Jacee have updated the TE link. Seems to be reasonably ok although I did cheat a bit by running PC Matic beforehand. It updated a driver but nothing else.

I probably used the wrong word when I said crash, it was actually a freeze. Had to use the restart button to fix. I suspected the app because this pc runs 24/7 and has not had a Crash, Blue Screen or Freeze in 6 months now.

Anyway have a great X-Mas and New Year, we're going to spend ours round the BBQ and in the pool.

(And in the recliner with the remote) :)

Please note this is a beta version of Speccy and should only be used by advanced users on test machines. We recommend you wait for a final release version before downloading.

Speccy v1.00.108 Beta (12 Feb 2010)

It's better that people do not download this program.

I used this program, but my extarnel hd. didn't recognize with the program.

I did seen that in 2009 the problem was also there, but now in the new year, the same problem.

Freezing, crashing whatever, no, I had not that problem, I did removed that program because, I don't take enough with a program that not work correct.

As usually download I programs for testing, when I see, that is a fine program, than I take it, else delete.