Sign in to follow this  
KRAM

It's done I ordered one...EVGA E760 CLASSIFIED

your gonna be happy,

trust me... :rofl2:

:b33r:

edit:- also if i was you i'd get a waterblock for the mosfets at the same time your getting the other one. :tup:

Edited by terry1966

Every chip I've had since Prescott has taken a couple of months to stabilize on VCore when running OC'ed 24/7. I'll find the lowest stable voltage to start with, and in a few weeks or so there will be a random BSOD or two, so the VCore gets one bump.

This will go on for three or four times over a period of months until finally there are no more random BSOD's.

Currently running 24/7 at 4255 (23 x 185) @ 1.375 VCore. When I had it on air for a few months it was 3956 MHz (23 x 172) @ 1.45 VCore. The temp averaged about 58C per core with the stock HSF. For 24/7 keep all the thermal junk in the BIOS enabled. It really helps.

Every chip I've had since Prescott has taken a couple of months to stabilize on VCore when running OC'ed 24/7. I'll find the lowest stable voltage to start with, and in a few weeks or so there will be a random BSOD or two, so the VCore gets one bump.

This will go on for three or four times over a period of months until finally there are no more random BSOD's.

Currently running 24/7 at 4255 (23 x 185) @ 1.375 VCore. When I had it on air for a few months it was 3956 MHz (23 x 172) @ 1.45 VCore. The temp averaged about 58C per core with the stock HSF. For 24/7 keep all the thermal junk in the BIOS enabled. It really helps.

**Noted**

Thanks IG, I appreciate the input. :tup:

Did not plan on water cooling the mosfets. I looked at it this way, evga didn't put one on their hydro model of this board, so it must be good to go without it.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx...N82E16813188050

I do like the looks of the EK block it might be a leaker in the long run though.

I already ordered the Koolance nb/sb block.

http://www.koolance.com/water-cooling/prod...?product_id=827

Oops, sorry. Deleted my post. . . Here it is again. . .

Congratulations on the motherboard, KRAM! . . . I believe I will be ordering one of those this week as well.

I'm glad I read your thread because I didn't realize that there were options available for waterblocks for this board. Check out this thread if you haven't already:

http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/showthread.php?t=232916

These waterblocks are gorgeous!

Posted Image

I like the one in the middle, the EK-FB EVGA X58 Classified. It's the only one with that takes care of the NB, SB, and mosfets all in one block. I don't want to have to run another hose from one block to another. I also like the transparent acrylic that allows for some LEDs to shine through. . . . The problem is that these are sold out everywhere! . . .

http://www.sidewindercomputers.com/ekevx58clacn.html

http://www.performance-pcs.com/catalog/ind...oducts_id=25768

By the way, what do you plan to do for the cooling the mosfets? Did you think about going with the Complete Cooler Kit for EVGA X58 SLI Classified

Did not plan on water cooling the mosfets. I looked at it this way, evga didn't put one on their hydro model of this board, so it must be good to go without it.

Yes, I did notice this and I thought it was kind of cheap of them, especially if they're going to charge $170 more than the non-hydro cooled model. . . . I figured that if I'm going to water cool it, I might as well do it all the way. . . Of course, it's been debated many times whether watercooling anything on the motherboard (besides the CPU of course) will actually yield a better overclock. . . I think if anything, it just causes the components to last longer. But I doubt it does much for performance.

Yes, I did notice this and I thought it was kind of cheap of them, especially if they're going to charge $170 more than the non-hydro cooled model. . . . I figured that if I'm going to water cool it, I might as well do it all the way. . . Of course, it's been debated many times whether watercooling anything on the motherboard (besides the CPU of course) will actually yield a better overclock. . . I think if anything, it just causes the components to last longer. But I doubt it does much for performance.

Exactly on making it last longer. EVGA gives Lifetime Warranty on the board, so I still say mosfet water cooling may be unneeded. Probably would reduce inside case temperature by a 1/3°C. It's located right where the rear exhaust fan is.

BTW: frozencpu.com has 7 of the black EK in stock.

http://www.frozencpu.com/products/9333/ex-...?tl=g30c313s858

Edited by KRAM

Exactly on making it last longer. EVGA gives Lifetime Warranty on the board, so I still say mosfet water cooling may be unneeded. Probably would reduce inside case temperature by a 1/3°C. It's located right where the rear exhaust fan is.

Yeah, I just figured I would throw the mosfets under water too while I'm at it. I figure heat can transmits through the board itself so keeping everything cool is probably ideal for the best results. Plus I really like that EK block which takes care of the mosfets anyways. . . .

BTW: frozencpu.com has 7 of the black EK in stock.

http://www.frozencpu.com/products/9333/ex-...?tl=g30c313s858

Yeah, I saw that. I was trying to find the acrylic version but I just learned on another forum that they stopped making it because it was prone to cracking. So I think I'll pick up the acetal version from that link to FrozenCPU. . . .

Man, the cost of this stuff just gets crazy. Sometimes I think that when I get to building this thing, holding the mobo will be like holding $1,000 in your hands, when you consider the cost of the mobo ($370), CPU ($280), RAM (~$150), and waterblock (~$150) together. Ouch! :blink:

Yeah, I saw that. I was trying to find the acrylic version but I just learned on another forum that they stopped making it because it was prone to cracking. So I think I'll pick up the acetal version from that link to FrozenCPU. . . .

Hence my leaker comment. :mrgreen:

It's here, been so busy I have not even opened the box. Getting to it right now. :lol:

Defiantly the biggest motherboard box I have ever seen.

Posted Image

Edited by KRAM

It's here, been so busy I have not even opened the box. Getting to it right now. :lol:

Posted Image

Thats because it is EATX....quite a nice board...an inch wider that the regular motherboards... and the taller NB heat sink its it for sure bigger.

But over all its nice...have fun with it.

Edited by ctran503

cpu, memory and some other goodies won't be here until Monday. :surrender:

nice stuff...i think i got a little screwed on my CPU...the seller never replied to any of my emails...luckily i paid through paypal and i will hopefully get a resolution soon..

I had a 3845B chip on order...now i think i may have to find a new chip...

When did you buy it and what is the sellers feedback like?

I bought it last tuesday...they didnt have any recent rating...the last one was over a year ago...but i got it for under $220...i knew it was too good to be true...

Well that sux. Did you escalate it to claim? I like how PayPal protects you, but they give sellers way too much time to respond.

Posted Image

Good stuff! . . . Keep the pics coming. It's fun to watch. I'm going to be living vicariously through your build for a while. . . .

At least until nice little boxes like that start arriving at my home too! :mrgreen:

A bigger box makes for a better mobo? :laughing:

Looks like you going to have a very nice build there Kram! :tup:

Yeah I'm pretty stoked about it. My setup is gonna be way sweet. Can't wait to get it put together and post some pics and benchies. The water setup I'm doing is gonna rock and look killer.

And if someone doesn't buy my extra GTX 295 soon I may not be able to resist opening it up and running SLi GTX 295's. :lol: