Sign in to follow this  
BigJoe5434

Football

alright i figure since we seen the posts about cricket i would post on football.

my weekend has been absolutely wonderful.

Saturday - College

Texas got revenge on Texas Tech and won 34-24

Sunday - NFL

Chicago Bears beat the Steelers 17-14 in a very good game, and both with key losses on defense.

also a number of upsets this week

New York Jets pull an upset on New England Patriots 16-9 (sorry Bruce)

Cincinnati Bengals upset Greenbay Pakers 31-24

Houston Texans upset Tennessee Titans 34-31

I was pretty bummed about the Patriots loss but I do like to see the Chargers and the Steelers lose so Sunday wasn't a total loss.

Oh yeah, it's football season again.

Arsenal put 4 past Wigan over the weekend. We needed that win badly after losing to both Manchester clubs.

Manure beat Man Sheiky 4 - 3 to bring them down a bit. I was hoping for a draw on that one. As usual the referee made sure Manure had every opportunity to win by adding on time to overtime.

Happy days as the Spuds were beaten 3 - 0 by Chelski. It's always a good day when the Spuds get beaten.

It was a good football weekend, at least I thought so. Besides, every weekend Alabama wins is a great weekend :)

i would like to see Alabama beat Florida in the SEC championship, and Alabama vs Texas in the National. that would be such a good game

Raiders 13 - Chefs 10......... :bawling:

:geezer:

p.s. well, if it walks like a duck, and quacks like a duck.....

How long have the Chefs been in the league? Never heard of them.

Arsenal put 4 past Wigan over the weekend. We needed that win badly after losing to both Manchester clubs.

Manure beat Man Sheiky 4 - 3 to bring them down a bit. I was hoping for a draw on that one. As usual the referee made sure Manure had every opportunity to win by adding on time to overtime.

Happy days as the Spuds were beaten 3 - 0 by Chelski. It's always a good day when the Spuds get beaten.

Good to see the gunners winning again. But they've got a bit of catching up to do.

Don't like to see them Blues with twice as many points.

there's really a team named manure? what do the fans dress up like?

there's really a team named manure? what do the fans dress up like?

I bet it's a really crappy team

Dennis is gloating about Wigan getting a thrashing. :thud:

Grounds for banning?

C'mon you goooooners!!!

:P

i would like to see Alabama beat Florida in the SEC championship, and Alabama vs Texas in the National. that would be such a good game

We stood a small chance last year at beating Florida for the title but they were the better team - I said that from early in the year. This year I say we're the better team and I believe if we meet again Tebow just won't be enough to beat us this time.

As for Bama vs. Texas, I'm not sure we'll make it all the way but I don't know if Texas will make it to the end on top. Oklohoma is a pretty serious team this year and they have to get past them first.

Edit - we have to get past Ole Miss this year at Ole Miss. They're not going to be too easy to beat this year. They were about 20 points away from being undefeated last year because no team beat them by more than 2 or 3 points all year if I remember right.

Edited by Newdles

Dennis is gloating about Wigan getting a thrashing. :thud:

Grounds for banning?

C'mon you goooooners!!!

:P

It was a combination of us winning and Spuds losing that got me all happy. Then I looked that the table and saw Manure and Chavski all the way up there and I made the face of crying for a bit.

I was happy about the Jets win over the Patriots...I'm not gonna jump ahead of myself and say we are going to make the playoffs because as a Jets fan.... I'm use to disappointment.

Jets superbowl XLIV! :shifty:

It was a combination of us winning and Spuds losing that got me all happy. Then I looked that the table and saw Manure and Chavski all the way up there and I made the face of crying for a bit.

To be honest with you, they could have announced the end of the world was upon us and I would still have been grinning from ear to ear after the spuds/chelski result. Top to 6th in the blink of an eye :clap:

Hasnt been a good week for us either. Sunshine Coast Sea Eagles won the final and Tweed Seagulls could only manage 6th spot. :(

Have you guys figured out a way at Villa to fit a scuba tank to Ashley Young so that he doesn't drown with all that diving he does?

another great weekend for me

Texas beat UTEP 64-7 :clap: easy win though :rolleyes:

and my Chicago Bears pulled through and beat the Seahawks 25-19 :clap:

Edited by BigJoe5434