Sign in to follow this  
caintry_boy

Driver Alert2

Opens just fine, but when I click the "Scan" button it just hangs and never finishes. I've uninstalled and did a reinstall of the Product to no avail.

Asus P6T Deluxe V2 cross flashed to Asus P6T Deluxe BIOS 0006

Core i7 920

3Gb Corsair DDR3 1600

2 X 9800GTX+ Superclocked not in SLI

Water on CPU

Ideas or suggestions???

:geezer:

I believe all I did was swap the mobo out. Gigabyte GA-X58 UD4P to an Asus P6T Deluxe V2. But, I cross-flashed the BIOS on the Asus to the P6T Del. 0006 so that now it thinks it's a P6T Del. not a P6T Del. V2.... :cr@sh:

Did you do a repair install of Windows or otherwise refresh the hardware profile or just boot to the existing hard drive?

O.K. same machine so I'll use this thread. Ran Driver Alert2 this morning, said I needed the newest Realtek Audio driver. Downloaded and installed it with Driver Matic and ran Driver Alert2 again. It still said I needed the Realtek driver..... and again I used the Driver Matic to no avail. So I ran Driver Alert2 once again and selected to do a Manual Install of the driver and downloaded it to a safe place.

About 8 hours passes......

So I come home just now and install the new Realtek Audio Driver that I'd downloaded and saved.....rebooted, ran Driver Alert2 again and ....you guessed it!....up jumped the devil, saying I need the new Realtek Driver..... :(

So I go into Control Panel/Add Remove Programs and my sound/audio driver is Soundmax..... :thud:

Wassup???

There is definitely something goofy going on. This is the same computer that had the BIOS flash, correct? The only thing showing for hardware in OverDrive is ACPI UTILITY.

How many drivers are listed for this computer in Driver Alert 2?

There is definitely something goofy going on. This is the same computer that had the BIOS flash, correct? The only thing showing for hardware in OverDrive is ACPI UTILITY.

How many drivers are listed for this computer in Driver Alert 2?

Yeah, I noticed that. Driver Alert2 shows 15 drivers. Takes it forever to run, I can start it scanning and go downstairs to make coffee, come back and it's still scanning. Then if I wiggle the mouse, or hit Enter, it'll finish right up.

Edited by caintry_boy

Go ahead and open a ticket at the help desk, Attn: Doug, and we can get this assigned to the driver research team and see what's up.

Well this has been an ongoing saga, but I have to hand it to the staff here at PC Pitstop, they haven't given up on me, or my rig. We now have Top Brass working on this project and we're gonna find the problem!! :clap: