Sign in to follow this  
Carlton

Free online game recommendations

I'm looking for a good online game to play. I'd like it to be free or with the option to buy game credits etc. Any recommendations?

One i recently started playing is http://www.ddo.com/playnow/ Dungeons and Dragons Online, its free to play, their is a few classes you have to purchase from the DDO online store to play and other things you can buy if you wish. I like it, could give it a try.

Also http://atlantica.ndoorsgames.com/center/default.asp

is free to play as well, i havent personally tried it yet but a friend of mine enjoys it.

I been playing an MMORTS lately, don't remember how I found it but been playing at least a few weeks now and its kinda addicting.

www.evony.com

It's totally free but also gives the option to buy game credits. I've heard a lot of people say it seems like Civilization. Kinda is I guess.

TrackMania is immense for a free online racing game. Great fun on LAN too.

OpenArena is great fun too!

I been playing an MMORTS lately, don't remember how I found it but been playing at least a few weeks now and its kinda addicting.

www.evony.com

It's totally free but also gives the option to buy game credits. I've heard a lot of people say it seems like Civilization. Kinda is I guess.

I started playing Evony in July. Liked it for awhile and have recently started to rebuild.

i decided that i didn't want to pay for WoW anymore, so i found Runes of Magic, and i'm quite enjoying it.

has several features that improve on wow, frquent content releases, and a helpful community.

you can also reach endgame without paying for anything, but they have a item shop you can use money to buy some nice addon stuff.

I recommend

For MMORPG:

Rappelz: Free with option of buying in game credits. Been playing it on and off for just over two years.

Here's the site: http://rappelz.gpotato.com/

For FPS (yeah I'm a girl and yeah i play fps games lol)

Combat Arms: Free with option of buying in game credits. Been playing this for about a year.

Here's the site: http://combatarms.nexon.net/Default.aspx

I hate to respond to a dead thread but just noticed it today.

Thanks for your thoughtful reply and information, AngelinaSkye.

And thanks wdeydwondrer for the suggestion of Runes of Magic.

I'll probably pass those along to friends I know who do play online.

I'll probably never get into MMRPG nor FPS myself, because I'm all-thumbs, and can't keep track of a story line, and don't move fast enough, and, and, and,...

But it is good to know there are a couple of free ones out there.

lol there are heaps.. I play Moonlight online ( mo.igg.com ) I am a Vamp;) and I bite lol played for 5 plus years ;)

Also ArcheAge is awesome just opened to public today.. but cant play as pc is shutting down 5 - 20 mins in....

(and the only game that shuts pc down )

Also just started playing Dragon Age (origins)

so a few to pick from

Have fun