Sign in to follow this  
duanester

Software Politics

Linux Foundation executive director Jim Zemlin issued a scathing condemnation of Microsoft's recent attempts to unload Linux-related patents to patent trolls. He calls for the company to "stop secretly attacking Linux" and compete on the basis of quality rather than FUD.

http://arstechnica.com/open-source/news/20...cking-linux.ars

it's very obvious that has been happening from start till now' but my question is how long do they think it will last until folks annoyed :blink:

there are some fundamentals here which is mentioned in the article, most companies rely on mix of opensource and proprietary applications, why try to destroy something useful.

Micro$$$$$oft does not like competition from the open source community, and will always be determined to kill it even if it means to pretend to be helping linux

why try to destroy something useful.

The answer is pretty simple really Microsoft is a greedy corporation that makes an inferior product

Bear

when we speak the politics of it.......

the battle, i didn't see a battle and still don't on the right, this party was cool and quiet for some time.

although the left side feels threatened by the right ?

some time back the left displayed a pie chart deeming the right being a competitor ?

in all actuality how is the right side a threat when the left cornered the market years ago ?

interoperability was always a factor between the two' however it seems to be a failure, theoretically these type of politics are used to limit dominance of market power !

now the left has been accused if deliberately restricting interoperability.

i remember some time back out of the horses mouth' interoperability didn't mean no one will say "my operating system was better" but would only improve diversity .....

so it's okay in a sense to to say who is better however in all honesty do it with actual facts when comparing left from right !!!

example:

adam22 Posted Yesterday, 08:51 PM

I found this one to be stranger...

http://arstechnica.com/microsoft/news/2009...linux-users.ars

that link is evidence of non-factual comparisons, millions of linux users would agree with me.

edit: the link in quote doesn't work

http://arstechnica.com/microsoft/news/2009...linux-users.ars

Edited by duanester