Sign in to follow this  
markcynt

Look at what what Microsoft is promoting!

Ok Ok, no more discussions where people have a different view.

Great big hugs, kisses and gushy stuff.

So to go along with Jacee, and in the spirit of the original topic :lol:

I agree

I agree

I agree

Now to get back to the subject that the OP was posting about.......!

If you were working for a company (any company) lets call it company A.

Now company A ask you if you want to go on a course and if you pass then company A will let you have it's latest product for less than 10% of it's retail price and you will get a commission for your recommendation (not stated by the OP but usual practice).

Would you.

(A) Not do the course

(B) Do the course but recommend company B (and receive no commission)

© Do the course, recommend company A (receive your very cheap product plus commission).

(D) None of the Above

(E) Get a job where you don't need to compromise your beliefs and therefore do not need to slag off the company that is providing a large part of your wages.

Rick.

Just because I use Windows, it doesn't mean I think it's vastly superior to anything, it only means that I use Windows. -kd5-

But why would you not use something that you thought was vastly superior? The only reason I can think of is that it's (the most superior) too expensive. But then again, Windows is the most expensive, so...

I feel that anyone who uses the computer should be using the OS that they feel is best, regardless of what it is. If you think Windows is the best, that's fine, just be prepared to come out and say it and backup your reasoning. Same goes with any OS, though. Baseless claims mean nothing to me, no matter who you are or what you use.

I feel that anyone who uses the computer should be using the OS that they feel is best, regardless of what it is. If you think Windows is the best, that's fine, just be prepared to come out and say it and backup your reasoning. Same goes with any OS, though. Baseless claims mean nothing to me, no matter who you are or what you use.

lots of reasons why you'd use an os even when you didn't think it was the best overall. ;)

:b33r:

like professional video editing, so you'd use a mac os because that's has the best programs.

play a game that only runs on windows so you'd use a windows os.

use linux for a mythtv pvr because it's the best for the job.

lot's of reasons,

like i said you just have to think about it a bit more.

out of all of those i think linux is the best overall os but doesn't mean i'd use it exclusively if a different os had better programs to do the job i wanted/needed done. ;)

:b33r:

True, I can understand that. I guess I should rephrase...

Your primary OS should be the OS you believe is the best OS available. Anything else on your machine is a fallback for specific tasks and needs.

Is that a little better?

Well I consider Linux the best os and the best Linux distro to be openSUSE, but I'm running Windows Vista because nVidia has yet (last I tried) to put out a driver that uses both gpu's on my vid card in Linux.

Clearly, most people use Windows simply because it came on their computer.

I like Ubuntu by the way, in great part reasons of idealism, but I don't claim it is "best" just because I like it. Honestly, probably for most people Mint would be better for exactly the same reasons.

openSUSE just feels icky because of their sponsor's relationship with the Evil Empire. :P

I run dual and triple boots on all my laptops, and I very often boot whatever strikes my fancy at that moment as long as there isn't something specific I needed a specific OS for.

If I had to trim it down to one OS today, it would be Linux....Ubuntu most likely. I cut my teeth on Redhat and learned servers on Gentoo but these days I pretty much stick with Ubuntu.

As for which Linux is "best", well, I think to each his own. Except for one thing. In general, for servers, I do believe Gentoo is better than most if not best.

Funny thing is...I had to look down to see what OS I was running just now. LOL! Turns out it's W7. I use Chrome or Chromium browser in all my OSs so it looks and feels very much the same when I am online.

My opinion is that Open Source is the future.

One thing i failed to learn that how microsoft claimed that linux is less software compatible. What test they do for that ?

I don't know, I guess they just compared the two, anyway my oppinion is that Windows XP is as good as Linux. So what if Linux has some problems? Windows wasn't perfect when it was made either... not even now.

By the way, wasn't that a bump...?