Sign in to follow this  
mme

"Fatal flaw" in Windows 7 raising eyebrows

Windows gobbling up memory until it slows to a crawl with the only known way to remedy it is a reboot is not a "serious flaw". It is a very old "feature" that has been around for 15 years or more, and will continue to be a feature for the unforeseeable future. It goes hand in hand with the Windows Blue wallpaper feature! ;)

Quote from the original forum:

"Who deemed this a critical flaw? So if I happen to be running CHKDSK (unlikely for 95% of users who have no idea what that is) on a secondary drive (another 4% or so gone) with a certain setting checked (brings us down to about 0.1%) then there is a chance that my system will crash? People need to stop clawing for headlines."

I think this more or less sums it up, for most people this will be fixed with a simple update, and they won't even know there was an issue.

I have W7 running on 3 machines now, all with different specs from below MS recommended minimums to the machine in my specs below and have not had one issue.

It's not perfect, but NO o/s whether it's MS, Mac or linux is.