Sign in to follow this  
manny57

Gateway support

Last year I bought a Gateway GT4022 PC which lasted not even a 2 years. I called Gateway for support and because it was out of warranty I ended with nothing. I cannot even get info of where to buy the parts to fix it. What Just I ended doing was buying a new motherboard, cpu, etc and building a whole new system which was cheaper tha buying a new one. I do not know what happen with Gateway but it does not worth buying anything from them, you cannot even get anyone over the phone. So if anyone is looking into a Gateway don't.

:wp:

with all mass marketed computers' many have had different experiences, anything from poor technical support to computers with the life expectancy of a light bulb !

the consumer is always left on his/ hers own after the warranty is up...

warranties will expire, consumers will be unhappy' yet gateway will still sell thousands more computers.

ultimately building your own machine all by yourself will free you at least till you have a parts or software failure' however the knowledge you acquired will get you threw this issues with ease and find yourself spending hundreds less :)

I'll second the OP experience. Mine(GT5228) ate the MOBO @11 months then the monitor @13 months. Hence the new name for it, Hateway.

BTW, well said Duane.

I can only echo what Duane said.

The feeling you get when all those parts arrive you get them in the case and it boots is great, you know exactley whats inside the tower and if it goes wrong you are half way there to fixing it!!

Having said that, I have an 8 year old Emachine running ME that's faultless!!