Sign in to follow this  
Paultx

Screenrecorder [free]

Screenrecorder, from Microsoft TechNet, allows you to capture and save small videos of what is going on your PC screen, including audio. Great for tutorials and the like. Best of all, it's free. Edited by Paultx

Screenrecorder, from Microsoft TechNet, allows you to capture and save small videos of what is going on your PC screen, including audio. Great for tutorials and the like. Best of all, it's free.

hi Paultx, thanks for the Screenrecorder link, i used it in the tip just before yours here :)

newlymoneyed aka Anthony aka gravitonring aka gravitoncash etc etc

Screenrecorder, from Microsoft TechNet, allows you to capture and save small videos of what is going on your PC screen, including audio. Great for tutorials and the like. Best of all, it's free.

Hoping not to sound too dumb but after I've extracted the files and clicked on the 32 bit folder there are 3 items listed:

ScreenRecorder.msi

Setup.exe

WMEncoder.exe

Which do I install?

click on SetUp.exe

That's right. When you run Setup.exe, it will install ScreenRecorder and (in the case the user doesn't have it installed) it will also install the Windows Media Encoder, which is needed for ScreenRecorder to function properly.