Sign in to follow this  
Guest niceget

Windows 7 RC build 7100

Guest niceget

I know this is premature testing with W-7 RC, but just curious if you are finding test results similar to Vista. I have both on seperate hard drives and find that there is just one conflicting test result. The memory speed test when I use Vista is optimal. When using W-7, it is minimal.

Is anyone else seeing similar results?

Hello niceget.

I'm not a Vista user but I've been using W7 since it's beta release. I'm using the W7 RC1 7232 for the moment. I haven't had any memory issues but I'm not comparing it to Vista so I can't directly answer your question.

Here's a recent test I ran while overclocked with my new system. It doesn't look to be suffering any problems.

http://www.pcpitstop.com/betapit/sec.asp?c...;report=Summary

Here's an older test using my work system. While it's still overclocked it not overclocked to any great degree and is stable for everyday use. I don't see a problem here either. This system is two years old.

http://www.pcpitstop.com/betapit/sec.asp?c...;report=Summary

We're running a competition this month so you'll probably be able to see many more examples of how W7 handles memory.

well i have Windows Vista Ultimate 64bit, on my raptor drive and this is what i use all the time, i put Windows 7 RC 64bit on a separate drive for Summer Warz, and i did a pit test and it looks pretty close to me, not enough to make me notice the difference.

and i have ALOT of services disabled for more performance in Windows 7

Yep, I turn off all the eye candy just as a matter of course. Pretty much the first thing I do after installing an OS. Since I don't notice the difference for work I can't see any reason to leave it on.

i did the same for my Windows 7, turned off all the eye candy. set my nvidia card to single disply performance, anything for quaility to performance. and with blackvipers "tweaked" services, you disable a good 50-or more services. its pretty bare now, no AV or anything to keep it safe since its just for benching. no sound, and only 1 program set to start up with windows, and thats evga precision to overclock my card :lol:

so fast now, even on an IDE drive

Im gonna put this back on topic, Memory performance. Run a test in win7 with the power plan set to balanced and got a real low memory score, run the same test with the power plan set to high performance and got a really good me score. Remember ppl the amount of services running and what display setting you have does not affect the memory performance its just affects the amount of free mem you have, Refering to original post, pitstop memory test, tests the memorys bandwidth, if windows 7 is on balanced power plan it clocks down the memory bus reducing performance,.

Im gonna put this back on topic, Memory performance. Run a test in win7 with the power plan set to balanced and got a real low memory score, run the same test with the power plan set to high performance and got a really good me score. Remember ppl the amount of services running and what display setting you have does not affect the memory performance its just affects the amount of free mem you have, Refering to original post, pitstop memory test, tests the memorys bandwidth, if windows 7 is on balanced power plan it clocks down the memory bus reducing performance,.

must be only in some cases because mine was fine on balanced and i figured i would go ahead and see if i can get a better score for memory and it was same in high performance :shrug:

must be only in some cases because mine was fine on balanced and i figured i would go ahead and see if i can get a better score for memory and it was same in high performance :shrug:

i think it depends on the hardware joe, some boards allow the os to adjust bios settings and others dont, with my asus board i can over clock the cpu and memory bus within windows and another system i have wont allow it.

i think it depends on the hardware joe, some boards allow the os to adjust bios settings and others dont, with my asus board i can over clock the cpu and memory bus within windows and another system i have wont allow it.

yea, i hav an asus board to, and it must save the settings then. asus comes with the AISuite, its an overcocking utility, and i dont like it because you cant adjust your voltages. so i got rid of all that AISuite