Sign in to follow this  
luvpats

An add-on for this web site failed to run. Check the security settings

I get this error message a lot on my web pages although the web pages come out fine when displayed.

I am pretty sure it is an ActiveX issue.

Can this be fixed via group policy?

Please advise. Thank you.

To me it sounds like the security settings for the web browser are preventing a certain script (possibly Active X) from running when the website loads.

Turn down the security settings incrementally (or just set to defaults, clear all cookies, and delete all temporary internet files) until the page loads correctly.

Hope that helps.

Edited by Anoobi

Is there a way to adjust the settings via Group Policy as I am unable to change the settings via the Tools-Internet Options as everything is greyed out and I don't know how to change them via Group Policy.

I do know the settings are adjusted for default right now but if I need to change them I have to do so via Group Policy.

Thank you for any assistance.

Just out of curiousity, is this for a network?

Just wondering because of the talk about GPO's and such. and if you're running a server enviroment the steps are different if I remember correctly.

I am running IE8 and have group policy installed. The security settings feature is greyed out and I need to utilize group policy gpedit to activate it I just don't know how to do that. I can't adjust anything without going into group policy.

If anyone can advise thank you!

I am running IE8 and have group policy installed. The security settings feature is greyed out and I need to utilize group policy gpedit to activate it I just don't know how to do that. I can't adjust anything without going into group policy.

If anyone can advise thank you!

It sounds like you're on a private network with group policy settings INTENDED to keep you off certain websites.

Contact the system administrator.