Sign in to follow this  
caintry_boy

Core i7 rig

thought you had them working when i saw your 01 test... :rofl2:

don't think they need to be exact same cards caintry, they both 9800's??

:b33r:

another thought, after you've uninstalled the drivers try pulling both cards and swapping them around before rebooting.

Edited by terry1966

Both 9800GTX+ but different brands.....I'm trying a few things.....'01 score went up on re-run by 7k after disabling PhysX.......

:geezer:

Edited by caintry_boy

oh well....

looks like i'm going from the pits fastest i7 in last wars to the slowest in this one... :(

:rofl2:

looks like your going to hammer me in those graphic benches caintry.. :tup:

:clap:

You should be scoring well with that GTX275 terry1966 (my first year of high school, btw). Let's have a look at your scores......hmmm, my '01 is 59xxx, and yours is 42xxx.....wouldn't think there would be that much difference. After all your vid card is supposed to be superior to mine.......

Hi caintry boy i see you are having probs with sli? I had this same prob it was ages ago with 2 6600gt's but might be the same with yours.

anyway i bought 2 identical cards and had major troubles and for the love of me i couldnt understand why untill i noticed one card said ver 1.1 and the other said ver 2.0, after i got the versions mached it worked fine.

Nope! Jut thought I was........scores look good to me.....rolled back to the 186.18 drivers.....

well thats all good, just hurry up and post the results so we can all worship your computer, I was gonna put the appropriate smilie but explorers giving me hell again. :cr@sh:

Well, it was running but it wasn't running......I got another eVGA 9800GTX+ Superclocked card and stuck in with my first.....and brother, what a difference!! It jumped right up on screen and said I had a SLI capable system. So I enabled it...... Check my stock scores in the WarZ thread now....... :shifty:

Geekbench, up by over 800 points.

3D01 up by over 5000 points.

3D06 up by over 5000 points.

Cinebench up by over 2000 points.

Identical cards do make a difference!!!

Edited by caintry_boy

Very nice indeed, another thing to watch out for when buying an sli board is the speed of the second pci-e port! dont look like you had that prob cb but for anyone else make sure both ports support 16x, I had a asus board a while back that was 16x primary and 8x secondary so in sli mode they where running @ 8x the same as the old agp cards.

you would think now days that isnt the case but ive notice quite a few boards with this problem lately.

:cr@sh::cr@sh:

how am i going to beat you now!!!

:cr@sh::cr@sh:

:rofl2:

:clap:

edit:- come on lugnut earn your cop stripes and verify caintry's stock score before he ups it again and it beats my overclocked scores.. :rofl2:

Edited by terry1966

Very nice indeed, another thing to watch out for when buying an sli board is the speed of the second pci-e port! dont look like you had that prob cb but for anyone else make sure both ports support 16x, I had a asus board a while back that was 16x primary and 8x secondary so in sli mode they where running @ 8x the same as the old agp cards.

you would think now days that isnt the case but ive notice quite a few boards with this problem lately.

Actually it's not the same as 8X AGP speeds and having the cards run in 8X PCI-e mode doesn't hurt the performance that much. I had 2 8800GTS 640 cards in a 650i chipset board and they ran at 8X and then got a 750i that ran them at 16X and my 3DMark scores where just about the same. Triple Sli it might make a difference in.

Well the long and short of this was that I sent that mobo back to Gigabyte via USPS Priority Mail. It was damaged in shipment, and Gigabyte voided my warranty because of physical damage. I filed an insurance claim with USPS because I had insured the package for $249 or my cost to replace it. Today I got a check in the mail from our beloved Post Office a.k.a. USPS.....$100.01 is all I got.

This makes me wanna go "POSTAL"......... :sandi:

Filed an online appeal btw......

:IG: is right

:angry:

BTW: Anything of value I send UPS. ;)

Not to worry UPS driver, I'll not be using USPS ever again, not even for important mail......":insert flying fickle finger of fate:" icon here!!!

I use USPS all the time...a box bigger than the item and good packing helps...

Thats all i use for ebay sales...its cheaper...especially with the flatrate boxes..

But usually with warranty stuff i sent back UPS because of tracking...

KRAM, other than what I mentioned above in post #115 I did get a reply from USPS regarding the appeal I filed online. Basically it was saying that I had to file a "check appeal" and send in writing to Check Appeal, blah, blah, ST. Louis, Mo. within 60 days of the date of the check. Sounded to me like a bunch of "bull" and a PITA, so I just took their $100.01 and ran...... ;) You can bet all my future shipping will be UPS. :yup: