Sign in to follow this  
Strongnoah

My Mother's Computer

Hello although this is not about me I thought I should mabey write this because I need a little advice on this issue."

Alright, What's bothering me and mabey it does sound stupid but it really concerns me alot is that my Mom has own Buisness and she got a computer that somebody built and sold it to her. She does all of her work on there and has Win XP HE 1GB RAM.

But what's bothering me is that she never almost doesn't even know how to take care of it and on the inside Dust is probably resting comfterbly on the inside doesn't do any registry cleaning probably never deletes her Cache files Cookies or history. :(

And when I tell her or even talk to her about it all she says is that it's not something she is concerned about and I tell her it's like a car that needs Tuneups and OilChanges." I'm a computer Whiz but she thinks I'll mess something up it's so frusterating and she will only let me work on it if it's broken or something is wrong." Same thing goes for my Grandmother, Aunt, my sister and my Uncle." Why can't these people learn more about Technology and smarten up? I'm the only one in my whole family who is computer savy like they all depend on me." I don't like it at all. I tell her that if she doens't clean up the dust inside her pc it might crash but she will probably will only let me do it once and that's it. How will I ever get her to listen to me?

Mabey I'm being paranoid but I just wish she was computer Savy like me and take better care of her PC and things." :mrsgreen:

Comments Appreciated,

That's all

Thank You

registry cleaning is not important at all, in fact it often may cause more issues that it will ever solve.

but, as andrew suggested, she must back it up often.

Edited by badbinary

I agree with all the answers, so far. They come to you because they can. I would try to appeal to the business side with your mother, as in return on investment. I know of people who replace their computer every one or two years. If you do the math - explaining that with proper care they can easily (not always) use the same computer for five years, they will start to see the return on the investment.

All you can do is point them in the right direction because people tend to learn more from experience or from relating to the experiences of others. Lecturing them will not help, nor expecting them to be as interested in computers as you are. I'm sure you could find something related to technology that they can relate to. This will make them care more. For most of my family, it was FaceBook that they could not live without.

Or, you could start charging money. :)