Sign in to follow this  
Wigan

Reload any tab in Firefox with a timer.

Hi all, I've just come across this useful little add-on for Firefox called ReloadEvery;

https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/115

You can basically set up a reload session on your tabs. It's proving itself useful at the moment, because I have an eBay auction I'm looking at for my Mum reloading every 30 seconds.

Simple to use as well. You make the tab active, by left clicking on it like you normally would, then you set the refresh interval time by clicking on the small arrow next to the 'Refresh' button near the address bar. From this you can set the refresh time for that particular tab.

http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b341/Pie...pg?t=1260612963

Edited by Wigan

Wigan,

Do you know if this works with split screen tip you posted earlier?

Think it would be great to have Ebay refreshing on one side of the screen, while I browse the pit on the other!!

Wigan,

Do you know if this works with split screen tip you posted earlier?

Think it would be great to have Ebay refreshing on one side of the screen, while I browse the pit on the other!!

That really is a brilliant suggestion, I hadn't thought of working it in with split screen! :)

It does work. The way I made it work was to first open eBay, find your auction and set up the refresh time.

Then open the pit in a new tab and split it to whichever side you want it. The Split tab can't be set up to have a refresh time.

Edited by Wigan

That really is a brilliant suggestion, I hadn't thought of working it in with split screen! :)

It does work. The way I made it work was to first open eBay, find your auction and set up the refresh time.

Then open the pit in a new tab and split it to whichever side you want it. The Split tab can't be set up to have a refresh time.

Genius :tup::tup:

Genius :tup::tup:

I'm not taking credit for your idea! :lol:

There's also another thing you can do with a 'ReloadEvery' tab. You can 'PermaTab' it, so you don't accidentally close it.

I've had this Add-on for a while, but I've just accidentally closed a tab that was on refresh, so I locked the tab and checked if it would refresh, and it does!

https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/7816.

Simply right click on the tab, go down to PermaTab and make it permanent. :mrgreen: