Sign in to follow this  
likelife

free proxy/shutdown command line & auto login

hi rather than a buch of posts i thought it better to just make one.

proxy;

i want to install a proxy;how easy are they to set up?

any proxys you trust please post them (uk)

command line;

i want to use the command line to shut down my comp after a certain time,so i can scan and goto bed and the comp turns off.

i figured out theres a shutdown routine but i cant suss out the what to in put other than shutdown.

I.E time and seconds please post the exact command if you know it.

also that command would be usefull with the shutdown/restart option same again on the command line.

auto login;

when my comp reboots is there a free program that logs me in (not inc tweak ui)

i dont want to mess around with the reg.i just want a spyware free program that logs me in,nothing else.

thanks for any replies to this post.

edit tyops

Edited by likelife

Using a proxy for internet surfing (Using IE) is very easy and just a matter of changing a few settings. This will explain how to set that up - > http://support.microsoft.com/kb/135982

For a proxy itself (In the UK) I have previously used the 3 day trial from https://www.xroxy.com/premium.html - They are fast and also come with HTTPS proxying. Email evaded@xroxy.com (Which is an automated system) to get your free 3-day trial. (No obligation).

Task Scheduler (built into windows) can be used to set the computer to shut down at a specific time and date. To find out how -> http://www.winxptutor.com/schsd.htm

For a count down timer via CMD try..

Start > Run > CMD > "Shutdown -i" (Which may offer you the options)

Or

Start > Run > CMD > "Shutdown -s -t xx" (Replace xx with the time in seconds i.e. "Shutdown -s -t 3600" for one hour.

Shutdown -s -t 7200 -f (would shutdown the computer in 2 hours and force all applications to close. In normal usage -f isnt required but hey why not.

Auto login..

Vista Manager is a program I use and it has many helpful options to enable/disable to better your experience with Vista and in most cases speed it up etc etc. (http://www.yamicsoft.com/vistamanager/index.html)

One of its options is to autologin upon the computer starting.

It has a free trial (30 days).

You could enable that option then uninstall and im sure it would remain the same.

Hope this helps.

Sorry for so many links, but its faster this way :D

hi rather than a buch of posts i thought it better to just make one.

proxy;

i want to install a proxy;how easy are they to set up?

any proxys you trust please post them (uk)

command line;

i want to use the command line to shut down my comp after a certain time,so i can scan and goto bed and the comp turns off.

i figured out theres a shutdown routine but i cant suss out the what to in put other than shutdown.

I.E time and seconds please post the exact command if you know it.

also that command would be usefull with the shutdown/restart option same again on the command line.

auto login;

when my comp reboots is there a free program that logs me in (not inc tweak ui)

i dont want to mess around with the reg.i just want a spyware free program that logs me in,nothing else.

thanks for any replies to this post.

edit tyops

You can right click on the desktop and select New and then Shortcut. You get a box like this.

Posted Image

Click on Browse and then go to C:Windows\ system32\shutdown.exe then add -s -t 3600. Click Next. That will give you one hour, 7200 if you want two hours, etc.

Posted Image

Give it a name and click Finish. You will now have a icon on your desktop. Right click on the icon and select Properties.

Posted Image

Click on Change Icon and it will tell you there is no icon for shutdown.exe. Click ok and a box will pop up.

Posted Image

Select the red icon I have highlighted and click ok. Now you will have a good looking icon you just click when you want.