Sign in to follow this  
locome

Problems with Pitstop Tests

locome   

Hi ... I have been using this site n software for years. About 6 months ago I started having problems testing my computer n I don't know why. I have removed all the Active X things I had on my puter n it still won't work. Here is a copy of my last test on 12/6/08. This is my puter: Windows XP SP3, Intel Core 2 Quad CPU Q6600 2.40GHz, 4G RAM, 233GB HD

Thank you in advance to anyone who can help me with this problem.

Locome in Asheville

Use the tabbed browsing below to view the details of your results.

Please use our Forums if you have any testing issues or questions.

The World Rank estimates how this PC compares to the universe of PCs. Click to learn more.SummaryPerformanceSecuritySoftwareDrivers

Summary

FixesSystem SpecsInstalled HardwareRankings

Fixes

Recommended Fixes

World Desktop Rank = Top 29%

Test Description

(Click each item for more Detail) Area Result Status

Defragment Drive C: Performance 30%

Reduce System Restore Capacity Performance 3040 MB

Update Network adapters Driver Drivers 9/25/2008

Update Sound,video and game controllers Driver Drivers 7/13/2007

Update Display Adapters Driver Drivers 10/28/2008

Update Sound,video and game controllers Driver Drivers 12/20/2007

IntelGuy   

:wp:

The URL from the Recommended Fixes page will let us view your results, but if you are getting to that page, what is the probelm you are having testing your computer?

locome   

:wp:

The URL from the Recommended Fixes page will let us view your results, but if you are getting to that page, what is the probelm you are having testing your computer?

Hi Intel Guy ... It won't let me load the PC Pitstop utility n I don't know why when Ive done these tests before. :blink: Can you help me thru this?

wcsd3249   

Hi Intel Guy ... It won't let me load the PC Pitstop utility n I don't know why when Ive done these tests before. :blink: Can you help me thru this?

I'm having the same problem. :(

IntelGuy   

Please try this:

Download, unzip, and run the uninstall tool from this link:

http://files.pcpitstop.com/support/Remove-PCPitstop.zip

Once that completes, try running the test again. It should ask to install a new Active X control before running the test.

Please let us know if the issue persists.

locome   

Please try this:

Download, unzip, and run the uninstall tool from this link:

http://files.pcpitstop.com/support/Remove-PCPitstop.zip

Once that completes, try running the test again. It should ask to install a new Active X control before running the test.

Please let us know if the issue persists.

That's the point where I was at before. I don't have any Active X control for the Pitstop tests. I removed them when it wouldn't work, cause it said they were the wrong ones. And it still says the same thing n won't let me test my puter or up load the Active X contol. It's driving me crazy Intel Guy.

IntelGuy   

Try this:

Open a command prompt and type these commands:

CD\windows\downloaded program files

Then at the new prompt, type, one at a time, and hit the 'Enter' key after each command:

regsvr32 /u pcpitstop.dll

regsvr32 /u sigcheck.dll

regsvr32 /u diskfau.dll

del pcpitstop.dll

del sigcheck.dll

del diskfau.dll

locome   

Try this:

Open a command prompt and type these commands:

CD\windows\downloaded program files

Then at the new prompt, type, one at a time, and hit the 'Enter' key after each command:

regsvr32 /u pcpitstop.dll

regsvr32 /u sigcheck.dll

regsvr32 /u diskfau.dll

del pcpitstop.dll

del sigcheck.dll

del diskfau.dll

I tried this n I don't have any of them on my puter, as I have removed them. I did this a while ago when I was trying to solve this problem on my own.

Still can't load the new Active X control to run the tests on my puter. Looks like we need to try another remedy. Don't give up IntelGuy. :P

IntelGuy   

Try running OverDrive from Safe Mode with Networking.

To access Safe Mode with Networking in Windows XP or Vista, repeatedly tap the F5 or F8 key while the computer is booting up. Once the menu opens, select Safe Mode with Networking, and later when prompted, administrator. The screen will look different and the video tests will run slowly because the video driver is not loaded. That will return to normal after a reboot.

locome   

Try running OverDrive from Safe Mode with Networking.

To access Safe Mode with Networking in Windows XP or Vista, repeatedly tap the F5 or F8 key while the computer is booting up. Once the menu opens, select Safe Mode with Networking, and later when prompted, administrator. The screen will look different and the video tests will run slowly because the video driver is not loaded. That will return to normal after a reboot.

No that did the same as when I'm in normal mode. It still says it won't load the Active X control. :pullhair:

IntelGuy   

If you are using IE6 or IE7 and are continuing to experience a loop when trying to load the PC Pitstop utility, go to: Tools | Manage Add-ons | Add-ons currently loaded in Internet Explorer and also | Add-ons that have been used by Internet Explorer and verify that all Active X add-ons from PC Pitstop are enabled.

locome   

If you are using IE6 or IE7 and are continuing to experience a loop when trying to load the PC Pitstop utility, go to: Tools | Manage Add-ons | Add-ons currently loaded in Internet Explorer and also | Add-ons that have been used by Internet Explorer and verify that all Active X add-ons from PC Pitstop are enabled.

There are no Active X add-ons from Pitstop there to enable ... :hammer: I can't get them to download after I removed the old ones.

IntelGuy   

Did the Active X test ask to download a control or did it just run without you having to agree to a download?

locome   

Did the Active X test ask to download a control or did it just run without you having to agree to a download?

It just ran by itself. I thought that was just to test if my settings were correct.

IntelGuy   

What browser are you using?

Try this:

Go to My Computer>Local Disk C:>Windows>Downloaded Program Files and find mhLabel Class. That is the Active X control for the Active X test. Right click and select 'Remove'. Then try running the Active X test again and see if it asks to downlaod the Active X control, and if it does so successfully. If there is a prblem downloading the control, try to follow the troubleshooting tips on that page.

I think the issue is with a browser setting that is blcoking new Active X downloads. As shown by the Active X test, if the control is already loaded, then it will work fine.

locome   

What browser are you using?

Try this:

Go to My Computer>Local Disk C:>Windows>Downloaded Program Files and find mhLabel Class. That is the Active X control for the Active X test. Right click and select 'Remove'. Then try running the Active X test again and see if it asks to downlaod the Active X control, and if it does so successfully. If there is a prblem downloading the control, try to follow the troubleshooting tips on that page.

I think the issue is with a browser setting that is blcoking new Active X downloads. As shown by the Active X test, if the control is already loaded, then it will work fine.

I use Maxthon as my browser, but I've tried this with IE n it won't work either. I've been using Maxthon for quite a few years now. I haven't changed any of my browser settings n it worked 6 months ago before I took the old Active X controls out.

When you asked me to run the Active X test, all it did was come up with the correct TIME n DATE in the box. That meant my puter had the right settings to accept the Active X control. Right? OK, so my setting are fine. I don't have mhLabel Class in my Downloaded Program Files. And I have followed ALL the troubleshooting tips on that page. That's why I'm asking for help here. I don't know what the problem is ~~~~~

IntelGuy   

The issue does not seem to be with running Active X controls, it seems to be with downloading Active X controls.

If the Active X test ran without asking for an Active X download either through a permission bar or a download box such as this one:

Posted Image

then the specific Active X control for that test, mhLabel Class, must already be installed on the computer, even though it is not showing in Downloaded program files by that name. Are there any .dll files in that folder with PCPitstop in their name?

locome   

The issue does not seem to be with running Active X controls, it seems to be with downloading Active X controls.

If the Active X test ran without asking for an Active X download either through a permission bar or a download box such as this one:

Posted Image

then the specific Active X control for that test, mhLabel Class, must already be installed on the computer, even though it is not showing in Downloaded program files by that name. Are there any .dll files in that folder with PCPitstop in their name?

I have nothing in my Downloaded program files labeled PCPitstop.

IntelGuy   

To verify that we are on the same page, the screen shot shows the path to the folder that should have the Active X controls:

Posted Image

Is that the same folder you are seeing?

locome   

To verify that we are on the same page, the screen shot shows the path to the folder that should have the Active X controls:

Posted Image

Is that the same folder you are seeing?

Yes, this is the same folder I'm in ... Downloaded Program Files.

IntelGuy   

Here's where we are at:

1) The PC Pitstop Utility will not download/install

2) A manual search and deletion says it is not on the computer

3) The Active X test shows that Active X is working on the computer

4) The Active X test uses the control named mhLabel Class, which must be on the computer or the test would not run.

5) The folder where mhLabeL Class resides does not display it as being present

At this point it is looking like something or some program has hosed the Active X function on the computer.

What version of IE is installed? Did it update to IE8 around the time OverDrive quit working?

Please do a manual search for MHLBL.DLL with hidden files and folders enabled and see if it can be found.

You can also run the Windows registry repair tool from the link below:

http://files.pcpitstop.com/support/Repair-ActiveX.cmd

It does not delete any files, it just re-registers all the 'stock' Windows DLL's.