Sign in to follow this  
Tx Redneck

Are there people that would really pay for this?

The things that worries me is there probably are people out there who would, and the biggest joke about this is the small print if I'm reading it right:-

† Please note that your entitlement will expire after 30 days from purchase date. Savings based on estimated retail prices if products were purchased separately. Additional cost for more than one PC installation.

I wont even start on the rest of the statements they make lol.

Symantec probably figured out that folks are dumb enough to buy the vundo trojan for 69.95, why not sell them some more trash? Pure profit!!!!!

:nono: TxRedneck, I pay for a product, when I do know what I get.

I have follow your link and I must saying, the information what Symantec gave, is not good enough for me.

Paying for what? I don't pay for cook air.

My wallet is green, know you are!? That is, I do pay for a product when I have seen what it is and what I get, what I have just told.

Guest paulfromhawaii2nd

I bought a laptop expressly for the electric savings. 600+ watts was getting too much. No, I would not want that green service.

Yep! Leave it to Symantec/Norton to try and sell you more junk.

I don't pity the people who fall for this either.

YEP: I agree LA8490. It could not have been said any better. Short and to the point!

:clap:

I don't pity the people who fall for this either.

I wouldn't say that, I would pity them, think back to when you started out, I know I knew less than nothing about computers back then, and such an ad would be a major magnet to such people who are tyring to get the ideal PC, personally I see it as a low blow relying on peoples gullibility and trust in a name to improve what they have as they know no better, I see the need for educating people into the pitfalls of such ad's more than anything else.