Sign in to follow this  
burnone

Can't install new driver

When I click on setup to install a Radeon X300 driver, I get a dialog box that says, " SETUP cannot proceed because the length of the specified directory path plus the installation folder name exceeds 88 characters.

Please shorten one or both below the specified limit and try again."

Does anyone know how to do this?

All help appreciated.

Burnone

:wp:

When you download the driver, right-click on the file name and select the 'Save taget as...' option, then use the arrows to navigate to your desktop and save the file to there. That should shorten up the path name for the file. Once it is downloaded, you can extract/install it from the desktop.

:wp:

When you download the driver, right-click on the file name and select the 'Save taget as...' option, then use the arrows to navigate to your desktop and save the file to there. That should shorten up the path name for the file. Once it is downloaded, you can extract/install it from the desktop.

I am trying to download from the Driver Alert Report page. Right click does not work on this page. The only option is to left click and it downloads the .zip file automatically. Is there another place to download from?

After you click the file icon in Driver Alert to download, the should be a 'download file' box with a 'Save' button. Click the 'Save' button and navigate to the desktop to save the file there.

You can also rename the file before downloading to shorten the file name.