Sign in to follow this  
amd-rules

overclocking?

Maybe you installed something that changed your power options, either in the "Power Options" or "Device Manager".

Anyone ever over clocked an (phenom) athlon x2 7550? If you know anything about them they run very hot

at their stock settings 2500MHz @ 45c or more, but are capable of running up to 75c unlike most AMD's that burn at 60c. (not that I would ever attempt to run at such temps)

I'm over clocked @ 2901MHz right now without raising the voltage only the bus speed, any more and I'll have to raise the voltage I think. Stock voltage is 1.36. The problem is that I'm running at 50c under load, 54 over load. Everything else on the mobo is fine including the sapphire HD3870 that's running @ 29c, the mobo itself is @ 33c. (using PC Probe II v1.04 for temps) I'm running on air of course (considering the temps) but with 7 fans, 3x180mm, 2x80mm, the AMD CPU fan w/ heatsink and GPU fan /w heatsink.

I guess the real question is what temps should I worry about and / or what would YOU (anyone else) do. I'm wanting to at least get a little over the 3GHz mark but may need suficiant cooling first?

:blink:

HOW do i get to 3.6 from my 3.2 and my stock voltages>?"?? can someone explain this.... AND please dont hijack my thread thankyou

It seemed like you were finished, I read through the entire post and it was a quick question.

Having said that I read through the entire post it's confirmed (by several people mind you) that you are an :filtered:!!!

If you've bumped up the bus speed as far as you can, (.1 point below unstable boot up or more) and it's still stable then start doing the same thing with the voltage but very slowly.

NOTE:: Keep in mind that memory configurations are slightly different depending on AMD and Intel.

Edited by add=2distract

yea i forgot what google is..... :clap: anyways

Did you hear what I just suggested? I'm the only one offering you advice at this point. Or I was anyway. . . never mind this someone that deserves help is on another post.

Anyone ever over clocked an (phenom) athlon x2 7550? If you know anything about them they run very hot

at their stock settings 2500MHz @ 45c or more, but are capable of running up to 75c unlike most AMD's that burn at 60c. (not that I would ever attempt to run at such temps)

I'm over clocked @ 2901MHz right now without raising the voltage only the bus speed, any more and I'll have to raise the voltage I think. Stock voltage is 1.36. The problem is that I'm running at 50c under load, 54 over load. Everything else on the mobo is fine including the sapphire HD3870 that's running @ 29c, the mobo itself is @ 33c. (using PC Probe II v1.04 for temps) I'm running on air of course (considering the temps) but with 7 fans, 3x180mm, 2x80mm, the AMD CPU fan w/ heatsink and GPU fan /w heatsink.

I guess the real question is what temps should I worry about and / or what would YOU (anyone else) do. I'm wanting to at least get a little over the 3GHz mark but may need suficiant cooling first?

:blink:

well i never overclocked an AMD processor, my advise is start a new topic about overclocking an AMD 7550 x2, im sure you will get better results, that way they know exactly what processor, and if you state it in the title of your topic....you will get more views that way, and will lead to more help :)

good luck with it man :tup:

HOW do i get to 3.6 from my 3.2 and my stock voltages>?"?? can someone explain this.... AND please dont hijack my thread thankyou

to get to 3.6, your definitely gonna have to play with voltages, with ram, cpu, north bridge.

its kinda hard for me to help from here because you have a completely different mobo then i do, some settings are called different names on different mobo's. but im sure someone with a gigabyte board will be able to help better then me.

but for 3.6ghz on my board i had these settings

CPU multiplier - x9

CPU FSB - 400

DRAM - 1066

CPU Voltage - 1.4v

DRAM Voltage - 2.1v

NB Voltage - 1.39v