Sign in to follow this  
duanester

CompUSA is Back

*cough* TigerDirect *cough*

Tiger, well their parent company, bought them both out...

Edited by Maxst2

i would go there before being hounded at bestbuy !

every corner you turn or every purchase you make your flagged as a potential sucker, that's the bestbuy advantage over the gullable ....

they don't sell motherboards and there are only two video cards on the shelf :pullhair:

they think there cheap cables are made of gold, almost sixty bucks for a hdmi cable, never will i pay that amount for made in china crap :lol:

i really think compusa has a chance over other retailers

I'd love to see them open back up in my area.

It was indeed the only place I could go and get real hardware when I needed it quickly.

Everything from Cases, motherboards, video, sound, ethernet, wireless...............and countless brands to choose from.

The only options now are...............nada, none, zlich. There are no "computer hardware" stores.

Comp USA was a great place.

I'd love to see them open back up in my area.

The only options now are...............nada, none, zlich. There are no "computer hardware" stores.

Comp USA was a great place.

I'm in the same situation. The ones here usually have poor selection, and are overpriced beyond the point where I can justify buying.

There is a Fry's in my area, but I don't ever buy hardware there. My purchases there consist of mostly software, DVD, or music. I do like the competition of more stores, though. That's always a good thing for the consumer.

just got a dvd burner from newegg, a lite-on iHAS 422-08 for $26.99 with the ship. CompUSA has the same drive for $46.99 (with out ship) Now I can understand that in order to run a brick and mortar store it takes much more overhead but that is almost twice as much as I can get one on line for. I would be willing to cough up a few extra bucks to get one locally right now but I can't see paying that much more because I feel as I am being raked over the coals for it, Doesn't seem right to charge that much more

We have nothing here in CA. PC Club is gone, Circuit city, all we have is Best buy, oh and me! :P

I wish I had a fun place to go look around at

kido do you keep the parts in your house, if so stick a sign out front and you will sell fast........

joe some will pay a little extra to have the stuff rite away, now if the product is found half the cost online' i wouldn't blame you for going there.

kido do you keep the parts in your house, if so stick a sign out front and you will sell fast........

joe some will pay a little extra to have the stuff rite away, now if the product is found half the cost online' i wouldn't blame you for going there.

No all warehouse :(

Best buy sucks to, everything is broken and the computers arent even cool anymore :mrsgreen:

If newegg can sell an iHAS 422-08 drive for $27. and make a profit then how much profit is CompUSA going to make selling the same drive for $46.? I'd pay $30-$35 if I went locally somewhere but other than best butt there is no local place, and their prices are even more outrageous!

Because New Egg ships directly from a warehouse. No stores to maintain, no leases to pay, no salesmen to pay, no light bills to pay, no displays to set up..........for hundreds of locations. They just take a internet order and some chump at the warehouse throws it in a box, and UPS picks it up. Brick and Mortar stores have 5 times the overhead a wholesale warehouse does.

Just like Mom and Pop shops can't compete with conglomerates like screw mart. Brick and Mortar stores can't compete with warehouse wholesalers like New Egg.

Edited by Bruce

Because New Egg ships directly from a warehouse. No stores to maintain, no leases to pay, no salesmen to pay, no light bills to pay, no displays to set up..........for hundreds of locations. They just take a internet order and some chump at the warehouse throws it in a box, and UPS picks it up. Brick and Mortar stores have 5 times the overhead a wholesale warehouse does.

Just like Mom and Pop shops can't compete with conglomerates like screw mart. Brick and Mortar stores can't compete with warehouse wholesalers like New Egg.

Bruce Nailed it on the Spot.

Also, it can be that they just may have not updated all their prices on items. But still, I assume Comp USA will find a way to get in gear

If they can't compete with online store prices in a reasonable manner they will have a rough time (at least in getting my money). I have zero issues with Newegg and glad I can purchase pc parts at a good price from them.

I can understand what Bruce say's, and I noted that they (brick and mortar stores) do have more overhead. Newegg still has light bills, support staff and some sales reps too. Granted not as many but the brick and mortar stores are going to have to be more competitive in today's market with on line stores if they are going to survive. Like I stated, I'm willing to pay a little more for the conveince of getting something right now but I can't see paying twice the price....just not feasible IMHO

Madison Heights, I-75 and 14 mile. That make you a lot closer than me!

http://www.microcenter.com/at_the_stores/m...on_heights.html

Thank You for the MicroCenter info Joe.

I found one within an hour of me. I had no idea about this company, and their site lists a hell of a lot of hardware at decent prices for brick and mortar stores, but best of all they list how many of item is in stock at the location you choose :tup:

I liked the prices I saw too, just too far out of my way to make it worth my while tho. I think Duanester lives close to that area but I'm not sure. I'd go there if it was within 20 to 30 miles of me, 50+ miles negates any savings I'd have

Edited by Joe C